April Technique Challenge

angleigh

I made a post a few weeks ago about some of the things coming up in the next few months.  In this I asked if people were interested in a technique challenge, and there seemed to be a good interest.  So for the next few months i'll be posting a monthly technique challenge.  Some of these will include techniques that might be new to you, and might push you out of your comfort zone a bit.  Others may be new/different way to use product.

This will be the April challenge (posted a bit early)  For this month we'll look at a different way to use the torn paper mask that we have in the store.   I've attached the .pdf file here so you can download it and follow along with the steps I took to create this layout.  

Like always with Adobe there's probably several other ways to get this same outlook.  So don't feel like these instructions are the "only" way to go.  But use them as a starting point to help brainstorm how you might use the torn templates in a different way.

TornChallenge.pdf

TornTechnique.jpg

Stunning LO...this will be a fun challenge. Now to put my creative thinking cap on.

56 minutes ago, Belle said:

Where must we post these layouts and when? Mine is already for posting.

This isn't an official "challenge" so it won't count for challenge chasers or anything.  It's just something I started doing, as a way to maybe try something new or use product in a new way.  So there's really no place to post them, you can put them in your gallery. And then post a link here.  I'm sure we'd all love to see what you have done

On 4/3/2018 at 1:45 PM, judy in SD said:

Very interesting method given in the PDF, I went with a simpler way to do it, just laying the torn strips (psd file) over my photo. I could do this because the set of torn papers I used were already quite large and I had no need to join any two together.   Petco Park

Oh yes, many different ways to do this.  It will all depend on the product you were working with.  Mine were all smaller tears, and I wanted to create something different from what the designer had done.  

22 minutes ago, angleigh said:

This isn't an official "challenge" so it won't count for challenge chasers or anything.  It's just something I started doing, as a way to maybe try something new or use product in a new way.  So there's really no place to post them, you can put them in your gallery. And then post a link here.  I'm sure we'd all love to see what you have done

Thanks. Will do that.

Archived