Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tami Miller

If you like Stephen King, you'll love...

9 posts in this topic

Hello ladies! I have to admit that Stephen King books are one of my guilty pleasures. I do love romance, also-but horror is my number one pick.

If you love Stephen King books, I think you'll also love Nick Cutter, who is deliciously scary! My favorite of his is The Troop, but really all of his books are great!

What is your favorite horror book, or romance if you're appalled by horror! LOL.

Oh, I have to admit I can not do scary or horror, just not my cup of tea!   If I’m looking for an “easy” beach sort-of read, I like Debbie Macomber who has lots of series which I’ve enjoyed.   Many of them are starting to sound the same, but if I’m not into focusing too much I like them!

I liked reading the mysteries by a famous author whom now I can’t remember his name!  Still thinking....... :D

I've read some Steven King, but it was just too scary for me. Maybe being a teenager, reading them at night while camping, wasn't the smartest decision, but I haven't read any since. I do enjoy James Patterson, but again, got too gruesome and psycho. I enjoy Debbie Macomber, Robyn Carr, Susan Wiggs and currently Roxanne St. Claire's Barefoot Bay books.

1 hour ago, CRS said:

I've read some Steven King, but it was just too scary for me. Maybe being a teenager, reading them at night while camping, wasn't the smartest decision, but I haven't read any since. I do enjoy James Patterson, but again, got too gruesome and psycho. I enjoy Debbie Macomber, Robyn Carr, Susan Wiggs and currently Roxanne St. Claire's Barefoot Bay books.

Oh, I like Susan Wiggs and Robyn Carr too - I am going to have to look up the Barefoot Bay books, sounds like ones I’d like!  

Stephen King is my most favorite author! We have almost all of his books :). Thanks for the recommendation, will check Nick Cutter out!

I'm mostly a romance fan (Jill Shalvis and Kristin Higgans), but I really enjoyed the "Brother Odd"/"Odd Thomas" series by Dean Koontz. My doctor back in Florida recommended him to me and I've read almost all of them!

Brenda Novak writes both romance and mystery and she is at the top of my list as well.

I think my favorite kind of book to read is mystery with romance involved. It doesn't have to be a who dunnit kind of mystery, but something that keeps me guessing.

Well Stephen King books are not too scary but mostly too long for me ^_^.  I did enjoy his earlier books. I just finished The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn. It was pretty creepy. I'll check out Nick Cutter too.

Oh my goodness. Here is what Stephen King had to say about the Troop: "THE TROOP scared the ### out of me, and I couldn't put it down. This is old-school horror at its best. Not for the faint-hearted, but for the rest of us sick puppies, it's a perfect gift for a winter night."--STEPHEN KING

17 hours ago, beatricemi said:

Well Stephen King books are not too scary but mostly too long for me ^_^.  I did enjoy his earlier books. I just finished The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn. It was pretty creepy. I'll check out Nick Cutter too.

Oh my goodness. Here is what Stephen King had to say about the Troop: "THE TROOP scared the ### out of me, and I couldn't put it down. This is old-school horror at its best. Not for the faint-hearted, but for the rest of us sick puppies, it's a perfect gift for a winter night."--STEPHEN KING

I love Stephen King's sense of humor!