Weekend Challenge 7th April

ValerieT

I love it when spring arrives in Yorkshire, the new life there is all around us. My favourite part is the birds. We have blackbirds nesting in one of our trees again, they are so fasinating to watch.

So for today's challenge I would like you to include a bird or feather somewhere on your layout.

Post your finished layouts in the Weekend Challenge Gallery.

We can hear the blackbirds in the tree but it is a bit early to see them. This tree is less than six foot from our backdoor so we get a brilliant view when the chicks are ready to fledge.

Here is my layout with a photo of one of last year's chicks just before he flew the nest. Welcome Spring

Valerie, being a bird lover I am very tempted to put aside other things I need to be doing and create something for this challenge. 

Birds you say...one of my favorite subjects to photograph. These are the birds that frequent the pond behind our house. I just love their daily visits.

PondBirds

PondBirds2

Last night when I should have been getting ready for bed I created a quick page using a great template and I tried to share a link to the gallery here in this thread but the forum seemed to be playing up. 

You can find my Sulphur Crested Cockatoo in the gallery HERE

Good timing; I came across these photos yesterday while I was searching for some other photos I thought were missing.  For this layout, I also used the painting (clone stamp tool) technique in today's blog (Anna Mansfield), to get my photo to fill up the entire mask.  

Great Blue Heron

Since I love to photograph birds I had to make another so here are some Florida favorite birds Flamingos

They live in a park with other rescued animals.

Archived