Spring 2018 Hybrid ATC Swap

CRS

Hopefully Spring has hit your neck of the woods finally! Or Fall has hit and temps are cooling off for you! Are you ready for another round of Hybrid ATC Swaps? The theme this round is Daily Affirmations! That's all I'm going to say so I don't influence your creativity. But, we will have some inspiration in May to help you if you are stuck.

Now that you know the theme, what in the world is a hybrid atc swap? ATCs are Artist Trading Cards, 3.5 inches x 2.5 inches (either orientation is fine). Hybrid is combining traditional paper crafting with digital crafting. How much of each medium you use is up to you! On the back of the atc, the artist signs the card, and can add any other info they want (date, location, title of swap, title of card, etc.) You can also number them (1 of 10, 2 of 10, etc).  Once your cards are ready to go, you will snail mail them to me and when I have them all, I will sort them and mail them back.

The best way to do this seems to be to buy the 9 slot baseball trading card holders. They are designed to fit into a standard 3 ring binder. You can fold the sheets in thirds and fit them into a business sized envelope. Please include return postage in one of the slots, allowing for an extra ounce in case participants are especially exuberant with their bling. If it's not needed, I will return it with your goodies. Also please include a self-addressed envelope. We've found that the larger 6x9 envelopes work better than business sized envelopes but the postage rate is the same. When you mail the envelope to me, the post office people will tell you if there's a non-machinable surcharge. A great hint is to use your own address as the return address in case it gets "returned" for any reason.

Sign up in this thread by Sunday, April 29th . On Monday, April 30th, I'll PM everyone and let you know how many to make and my address. Please have them in my hands by May 31st. I'll get them distributed and back in the mail as soon as I can. If all the cards are received before that, then I'll send them back out earlier.***Please note I will be going on vacation in early June and really want to have them sent back out to you all before I leave.

If you are interested in participating, just leave a comment in this thread. I'm looking forward to it!

Carla
Ann
Kelly
Andrea
Marilyn
Lauren

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve started on mine! I have a deck of missing cards, so I’m using them. They’re the perfect size. There are a ton of affirmations online. I chose one that I need to say to myself every day. 

This is such a great topic Carla and I love that since we’re making ATC’s they’re the perfect size for carrying affirmations around.   I can’t wait to see what everyone creates, now to decide on one to make...............   :dunno:

I finished mine last Friday. I have to get to the post office... probably this Friday since I had a procedure today and have to rest for 2 days. Just shots in my neck and head for my back problem. Annual shots.

20 minutes ago, CRS said:

Fantastic Ladies!

I’ve even just cut them out!   I amaze myself!  I might finish them now or bring them along when I visit my sister to bling there - then they are closer to you Carla! :) 

Ummmmm....  Don’t faint (I just did!) but my cards are in the mail.   I am mostly NEVER early with anything, but I think it’s because I’m leaving Sunday to visit my sister so wanted to have them done beforehand! :) 

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

Ummmmm....  Don’t faint (I just did!) but my cards are in the mail.   I am mostly NEVER early with anything, but I think it’s because I’m leaving Sunday to visit my sister so wanted to have them done beforehand! :) 

Good for you!! I'll let you know when they arrive!

10 minutes ago, CRS said:

Good for you!! I'll let you know when they arrive!

Thanks Carla!  Just left them at the Post Office!    I almost brought them with me to mail since it’s closer to you Carla, but then I’d have to deal with getting to the Post Office there!  

On 5/11/2018 at 11:48 AM, MariJ said:

Thanks Carla!  Just left them at the Post Office!    I almost brought them with me to mail since it’s closer to you Carla, but then I’d have to deal with getting to the Post Office there!  

Lol, that's ok. One less thing for you to worry about!

Mine are just about finished. Just have to label them. I really like my concept but not crazy about the execution. I'm discovering our printer doesn't do the designers papers justice. Part of me wants to start over but probably will just leave as is. If I don't start over I'll get them in the mail sometime this week.

I'll let you know when they arrive. I'm going to work on mine today between taking my mom back to the airport (her flight got cancelled yesterday due to the storms in Baltimore where she had a layover) and a vet appt for Buddy. We don't have AC so I'll be spending my time in the basement anyway. The new AC unit comes tomorrow and that better be the last of our issues!!

Archived