Fall Midwest Meet Up Sep 20 - 23

Unfortunately we had to cancel the meet up that was suppose to happen this week.  But we already have a date/place on the books for a Fall meet up.

Kansas City September 20-23

Conda and I are looking into hotels  now...but we would love to have any/all people that would like to attend, it looks like as of now we already have 10-12 coming.

Midwest in the fall is a wonderful so if anyone ever wanted to visit, and get to meet some Scrap Girls friends..please join us! 

We will post more information as we get it.

ps. And I also want to throw this out there.  I know there's been discussion of having meet ups in other parts of the US.  I would LOVE to visit some other locations...but it would really need someone in that area that was willing to research hotels and coordinate it.  It's hard to do it when your not familiar with the area.

• 2 weeks later...

It's official the Midwest Meet Up will be Sep 20-23  We will be staying in an AMAZING airbnb that Conda and I went and looked at on Thursday, and we booked it today.

We do have a facebook page and right now we have about 9 girls that are coming (one booked her tickets today)  So if anyone is interested now is the time to let us know.  The great thing about where we are staying is there's 2 houses right next to each others. So if we ended up with a large turn out, we could rent 2 houses.  

1 hour ago, CRS said:

Sounds like a great deal! Are we there yet??

That's what I'm saying!!  I will start an official countdown soon!!

3 minutes ago, Smiles said:

oh, I love this idea!  Much more cozy than a hotel.  Not this year, tho, alas

We will miss you...maybe next time!

First let me say we want everyone that can or would like to come to the Midwest Meet Up to show up.  I think it would be a great to have a large group this time, and it would be AWESOME to see some new faces!

With that said we do have to put  a soft deadline out there for knowing if people are really serious about coming, due to the nature of the housing.  The location we have reserved sleeps 12, BUT there is a house right next door (they share a yard) that also sleeps 12 and it's possible to get that also.  As it gets closer, if it looks like we'll have more then the 1 house will hold we'll look into the 2nd house and book that also.  

So we want to put a deadline of July 1 on this meet up, just so we can get a good idea of the number of people planning to attend.  We do understand that life does happen and even if you say "yes" that you're coming things change...so please don't feel bad if you say yes and have to cancel.    The houses do have a 7 day cancellation policy, as long as we cancel before that then it's just a $155 fee that has to be paid....and I would much rather pay a fee then have to turn people away because of the lack of sleeping arrangements.

If you have any question just let us know!

34 minutes ago, angleigh said:

First let me say we want everyone that can or would like to come to the Midwest Meet Up to show up.  I think it would be a great to have a large group this time, and it would be AWESOME to see some new faces!

With that said we do have to put  a soft deadline out there for knowing if people are really serious about coming, due to the nature of the housing.  The location we have reserved sleeps 12, BUT there is a house right next door (they share a yard) that also sleeps 12 and it's possible to get that also.  As it gets closer, if it looks like we'll have more then the 1 house will hold we'll look into the 2nd house and book that also.  

So we want to put a deadline of July 1 on this meet up, just so we can get a good idea of the number of people planning to attend.  We do understand that life does happen and even if you say "yes" that you're coming things change...so please don't feel bad if you say yes and have to cancel.    The houses do have a 7 day cancellation policy, as long as we cancel before that then it's just a $155 fee that has to be paid....and I would much rather pay a fee then have to turn people away because of the lack of sleeping arrangements.

If you have any question just let us know!

Can you tell us approx. what the cost per person would be?
I’m doubtful as I am going to my sister’s twice - but who knows!

19 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Can you tell us approx. what the cost per person would be?
I’m doubtful as I am going to my sister’s twice - but who knows!

Seems like $160ish/per person for the house with 10 people. (meals extra)  I couldn't find the "exact estimate" but will look again later.  

1 minute ago, SodScrap said:

Hmmm...maybe you can combine a trip to your sister's house...you would be over half way here!  :D  Fingers crossed would work out!

Thanks Conda - that’s close enough to get an idea price wise, this would be for the entire time or per night?
I keep hoping to combine a trip but the problem this year is the first trip is soon and already set - and the second if it happens would be for her birthday in August.
If I don’t go then, maybe I can swing it!  I l already asked her a few weeks ago how far Kansas City was from her!  
Or maybe I can get her to change her birthday date?  Haha, since it’s a big birthday this year she might not mind!   :rofl:

9 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Thanks Conda - that’s close enough to get an idea price wise, this would be for the entire time or per night?
I keep hoping to combine a trip but the problem this year is the first trip is soon and already set - and the second if it happens would be for her birthday in August.
If I don’t go then, maybe I can swing it!  I l already asked her a few weeks ago how far Kansas City was from her!  
Or maybe I can get her to change her birthday date?  Haha, since it’s a big birthday this year she might not mind!   :rofl:

I was going to say just celebrate the next month!!  SURELY she would understand needing to save money to combine trips...:giggle_bear:

The $160 is for the whole weekend (Thurs_Sun)

The price will depend on number of houses and number of people.  With the first house, it's about 1600 for the whole weekend.  And it broke down to something like this:

Full 12 people: $133
10 people: $160
6 people: $266

That would be Thur check in, leaving Sunday.  Now the 2nd house looks to be about 1400 for the weekend (as of right now).  So if by chance we had 16 people it would be $188 total.  So it all varies I would say anywhere from $150 to $250 for the weekend might be safe to plan.  Then there would be food on top of that.  

28 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

I was going to say just celebrate the next month!!  SURELY she would understand needing to save money to combine trips...:giggle_bear:

The $160 is for the whole weekend (Thurs_Sun)

Wow, that is really awesome and amazing deals for lodgings!   I don’t think my sister would mind, but the problem would be if there is a family party, which so far there is.   And, it’s too far apart to just stay!  :hit-head-with-hammer:    But, I’m keeping it in mind and will let you all know, doesn’t look probable but there’s always a chance!     And, if there’s no party I’ll just move my visit to Spetember which would be better for me anyway. :) 

20 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Wow, that is really awesome and amazing deals for lodgings!   I don’t think my sister would mind, but the problem would be if there is a family party, which so far there is.   And, it’s too far apart to just stay!  :hit-head-with-hammer:    But, I’m keeping it in mind and will let you all know, doesn’t look probable but there’s always a chance!     And, if there’s no party I’ll just move my visit to Spetember which would be better for me anyway. :) 

And if you wanted to save more money, I could drive instead of fly and take you with me. I don't want to drive it alone, but with a buddy, I could. We'd just have to figure out where/how to connect up to ride together.

1 minute ago, CRS said:

And if you wanted to save more money, I could drive instead of fly and take you with me. I don't want to drive it alone, but with a buddy, I could. We'd just have to figure out where/how to connect up to ride together.

OHHH...I like the sound of this!  I wondered if you would drive or fly Carla.  I can't remember "where" in Kentucky you are.  I know we are 8 hours to Louisville...I just did a google search...it shows 8 hours 20 minutes (to Fort Knox...???)

It took me about 4 hours to get to the meetup in IL that year. I guess it's about 8 hours. I'm west of Ft. Knox, but not by much. I think I'd go stir crazy driving alone that long! So we'll see what shakes out.

• 4 months later...
On 5/7/2018 at 12:30 PM, CRS said:

Carla and I had fun the year we rode together! I have to try to do that again!!! I hope this happened and you ladies had a BLAST!!!

On 9/29/2018 at 4:24 AM, tinkerbell11 said:

Carla and I had fun the year we rode together! I have to try to do that again!!! I hope this happened and you ladies had a BLAST!!!

We DID have a blast!!  I even got several layouts done!!  :D  We will start planning the next meet up in the next month or so.  It would be awesome if you could come Shannon!  I'd love to meet you.  

Archived