May Colourful Slow Scrap

ValerieT

Welcome to this month's forum game a
colourful slow scrap

At the beginning of each week we will give you two or three colour swatches to choose from. Just pick your favourite to use for that week.

Every day, Monday to Saturday, we will give you a step that will lead to a finished layout. The first layout will have five steps. Layouts two, three and four will have six steps each. The last layout will have four steps.
Members who complete the steps and post all 5 layouts in the Slow Scrap Gallery will be entered in a drawing for one of two $10.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates 
Each completed layout posted in the Slow Scrap Gallery, up to 5 per member, will be entered in a drawing for one of three $3.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.
You have until 11:59pm ET on May 31st 2018 to complete the steps and post your layouts to the Slow Scrap Gallery. There are no daily time limits.
You can make changes to your layout as the week progresses.

After each step you can post your progress in this thread if you wish. PLEASE NOTE; THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. Here is how;
  • Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial How To Post Images In The Forum  to post your "progress" in the game thread.

Week One
1st May

Pick one of these two colour swatches first.
Then start a new layout in your preferred size and add three papers and an odd number of photos.

I am off work sick at the moment, so I think I will make a start today on mine. Think I am going to use the fox one so i can add a pop of colour.

I went home sick today.  Had to reschedule some lectures I was supposed to give.  Can’t speak well when you’re coughing!  I’ll go with the cat swatch... reminds me of my old black and white cat, Pongo.  I might have to scrap some photos of him, even.

15 hours ago, Belle said:

I must first check out my photos before I decide. Can we use a touch of colour in the B & W one?

So long as it's only a little bit that's fine with me.

I just spotted this and so of course, I'm late getting started with the Slow Scrap. My choice of color scheme is the first one, the fox. Now to hunt down some papers and photos.

Archived