iNSD ScrapSimple Chat 12pm (noon) ET

:happy-sun: HAPPY iNSD!! :happy-sun:

Do ScrapSimple products intimidate you? :(  Do they leave you frustrated? :banghead: Do you have unused ScrapSimple files hanging out on your hard drive because you don't know how to use them? :o  Come join Conda (SodScrap) in the chat room at 12 pm ET for the ScrapSimple Chat.   The more I use them the more I learn AND the more I love them!!  See you in the chatroom!!

***Your challenge is to create a layout using this BLOG TUTORIAL by Anna, Using the Color Replace to recolor templates.  IF you do not have any of the "newer" pre-colored templates and do not wish to purchase new, feel free to pick out any blog tutorial about ScrapSimple products and use it.  Be sure to share the link!***

Lots of fun and learning during our chat today! 

While we wait for chat time...please post below what you LOVE or HATE about ScrapSimple products.  What is your favorite use of the products?  What do you NEVER use?? 

Did I mention FREEBIES and PRIZES?? CONGRATULATIONS DIANE!  You won a set of SS Paper OR SS Embellishment Templates.  Email Angie to claim you prize!

Please post your completed page in the iNSD Gallery.

Grand Prize Drawing Info:
Members who post their completed layouts in the Scrap Girls interNational Scrapbook Day Gallery for all 6 of our interNational Scrapbooking Day chats will be entered into a drawing for a $20.00 ScrapGirls Gift Certificate!

The challenges for each chat will be posted in the National Scrapbook Day Forum. To enter the drawing, send an email with your 6 layout links to games@scrapgirls.com. Emails must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday May 6, 2013 to qualify for the drawing.

What you LOVE or HATE about ScrapSimple products.  What is your favorite use of the products?  What do you NEVER use?? 

I RARELY use shapes or brushes.  I have (in the past) struggled with coloring templates if "clipping paper" doesn't achieve the look I'm after.  I LOVE layout templates.  LOVE them.  I also combine layout templates.  Taking favorite pieces from two or more templates.  OHHHH.  Styles.  I LOVE them.  Simple.  Glitter at the click of a button!  Yes, please!! 

My favorites are styles and layout templates. Oh, yes, and SS papers for background blending. Love blending! :D
In fact I hardly make layouts without using at least one ScrapSimple product! I do forget about shapes, however, and use them only rarely.  I hope to see you later at the chat, Conda.

I have problems using brushes and coloring paper templates, so I rarely use them. I love templates, styles, layering papers and then reducing opacity on one of the papers.

Hi everyone, I have to go do some errands and won't make this chat - I should be back for the next one. I love the paper templates and the layout templates, but I tend to be impatient with the emb templates. They take too long and with my huge stash I have plenty already made! haha.  See you all in a couple hours.

I’m going to read this through more thoroughly, but I’m sorry and bummed I missed the chat.   Was having eye issues (allergy explosion!) and had an 11:30 appt but have just returned now - 1pm. :(    The place was hopping with Spring arriving so quickly!  

1 hour ago, lorac said:

I have problems using brushes and coloring paper templates, so I rarely use them. I love templates, styles, layering papers and then reducing opacity on one of the papers.

I struggle with some paper templates too...but have learned (for me) the key is playing with blending modes!!  Here are some links:

https://scrapgirls.com/all-posts/altering-embellishments-using-blend-modes
https://scrapgirls.com/all-posts/technique-tuesday-using-blending-modes

Let us know if you have more questions Carol and also...let us know if you find something that works for you!  I will be on the road this afternoon and may not have "real internet" until tomorrow evening.  (I'm never certain about the reliability of my hotspot)

3 hours ago, Florida granny said:

My favorites are styles and layout templates. Oh, yes, and SS papers for background blending. Love blending! :D
In fact I hardly make layouts without using at least one ScrapSimple product! I do forget about shapes, however, and use them only rarely.  I hope to see you later at the chat, Conda.

Diane-YOU are the winner of a SS Embellishment OR Paper template set!  Email Angie (hello@scrapgirls.com)

Archived