iNSD Art Journal Chat

I judge myself and my art, far too harshly. This stops me from taking creative risks and hinders my progress. Are we all like that?

In today's world we are bombarded by expectation and comparison, but it's important to remember that every 'tree', ‘flower’ and ‘color’ have value. Art journaling is not necessarily about what it looks like, but how it makes you, and others, feel.

Join me as we learn to express ourselves through art journaling

Remember: Members who post their completed layouts in the Scrap Girls interNational Scrapbook Day Gallery for all 6 of our interNational Scrapbooking Day chats will be entered into a drawing for a $20.00 ScrapGirls Gift Certificate.

TEXTURE PROMPTS:
Lace
Gesso
Doilie
Staples
Flower
Heart
Sand
Paint splatter
Feathers
Water drops

Here is mine: You Are, I Will

This took all my energy.  For the past 6 years I've had to deal with someone who I think at the very least has a severe personality disorder, if he/she's not actually a sociopath.  I won't be able to (mostly) get away from dealing with him/her until I retire next year, and even then I'll occasionally run into this person, in professional settings.  It's discouraging, but the only saving grace has been that several others have recognized the problem, as well.  Frustrating that nothing definite is ever done about it, though.

I love when it rains. I love to watch it fall and listen to the drops as they hit the leaves on the tree outside my window. That is why I chose April Showers for the Art Journal Chat. I love the feel of the rain as I walk in it without an umbrella, as long as it's not pouring.

April Showers

2 hours ago, alsoarty said:

CONGRATULATIONS Mikelle. You won a Brush Set. Please contact Angie at hello@scrapgirls.com to claim your prize!

Ooo, thank you, I didn’t know there was a prize to be had!

Archived