New Goodies 11th May

I had a great time drawing the florals for Woodland Botanical!  I usually take a 5 gallon bucket to sit on while I draw in the woods.  However, the orchid was so small, and I didn't want to pick it, that I wound up getting damp sitting on the ground for that one, lol!  

7 hours ago, Molczan said:

I had a great time drawing the florals for Woodland Botanical!  I usually take a 5 gallon bucket to sit on while I draw in the woods.  However, the orchid was so small, and I didn't want to pick it, that I wound up getting damp sitting on the ground for that one, lol!  

It’s so interesting to hear how you design and how collections come about.  Funny about the orchid - I love how you actually draw for your collections.   But, this morning while I was looking at Woodland Botanical I was wondering what the bird family is?  Some type of pheasant or turkey?   Looks like something I haven’t seen in NJ!   :rofl: 

On 5/11/2018 at 6:54 PM, MariJ said:

It’s so interesting to hear how you design and how collections come about.  Funny about the orchid - I love how you actually draw for your collections.   But, this morning while I was looking at Woodland Botanical I was wondering what the bird family is?  Some type of pheasant or turkey?   Looks like something I haven’t seen in NJ!   :rofl: 

They are Quail.  We have them here in OR and I love to watch them take dust baths in our gravel driveway.  I think they may be called Bobwhites in NJ?  Not sure if it's the exact same bird though but probably in the same family. :-)

12 hours ago, Molczan said:

They are Quail.  We have them here in OR and I love to watch them take dust baths in our gravel driveway.  I think they may be called Bobwhites in NJ?  Not sure if it's the exact same bird though but probably in the same family. :-)

Thanks Angela!   So interesting and they must be very cute.   You are right about Bobwhites - I liked them up and they look a lot like them, but it seems they are in South Jersey and I am in North so I’ve never seen nor heard of them.   I also read about how they were becoming extinct in NJ to measures were being taken to preserve them a few years ago, who knew? :D  

Archived