Digital Planners...Bujo...Have you heard???

SodScrap

I do not use the wireless keyboard that came with my iMac as I need a keyboard with the number pad. I assume it would be compatible with my iPads if necessary.  

The charger adapter is so that you can use your iPhone charger to charge the pencil, otherwise, it charges in the iPad port, which I think is ODD.

I would like the wireless earbuds (I almost called them air buds lol) but it worries me that they would be easily lost???  But I get so tired of untangling my headphones that it might be worth it.  Sometime.  

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the jaybird earbuds and LOVE them.  They have a case they go in and is easily put in your purse.  I have never had an issue with the pairing with anything...right now they are paired with my Fitbit Versa that i'm adding music to.

1 minute ago, angleigh said:

I use the jaybird earbuds and LOVE them.  They have a case they go in and is easily put in your purse.  I have never had an issue with the pairing with anything...right now they are paired with my Fitbit Versa that i'm adding music to.

Another thing to add to the "want list"...I will look at those, I am not familiar with that brand.  I assume it is Apple compatible, but a better price?

4 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

I do not use the wireless keyboard that came with my iMac as I need a keyboard with the number pad. I assume it would be compatible with my iPads if necessary.  

The charger adapter is so that you can use your iPhone charger to charge the pencil, otherwise, it charges in the iPad port, which I think is ODD.

I would like the wireless earbuds (I almost called them air buds lol) but it worries me that they would be easily lost???  But I get so tired of untangling my headphones that it might be worth it.  Sometime.  

Yes!  It IS odd because also - it sticks out the bottom when charging which is both a real pain and you can easily knock it out, not to mention you could impale yourself.
My apple pencil came with the adapter that can be put on the pencil and then a normal iPad charger can be used.  I’ve never charged it on the iPad except for once when I was away from a charger - a few minutes gives you a long time to work

I have this CASE which holds everything and I actually crocheted a skinny protector that just holds the pencil when I want to carry that.
I got cheap headphones - I think around $16 at TJ Maxx.

And I have one of THESE to hold the cap which I was afraid of losing!

5 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

Another thing to add to the "want list"...I will look at those, I am not familiar with that brand.  I assume it is Apple compatible, but a better price?

Oh, I would not buy the Apple earbuds, no way.  I bought literally a $16 cordless that as Angie says pairs by Bluetooth and works great.  They had good reviews and are rose gold like my iPad!    Any Bluetooth ones would work as does those tiny little speakers.

2 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Oh, I would not buy the Apple earbuds, no way.  I bought literally a $16 cordless that as Angie says pairs by Bluetooth and works great.  They had good reviews and are rose gold like my iPad!    Any Bluetooth ones would work as does those tiny little speakers.

My phone is rose gold, but my iPad is just plain old gold *sigh*

1 minute ago, SodScrap said:

My phone is rose gold, but my iPad is just plain old gold *sigh*

Yeah...  I dont’ think they have the rose gold anymore in the newer ones.   I love that color as you would know it’s so pretty - and I color coordinated everything, even my case!

See?  I must have moved, sorry it’s blurry.  And, see the cap holder on the pencil and the little adapter is in the black elastic next to the iPad so I won’t lose it.
But, check if you can see as my Pencil came with that adapter, at first I had no idea what it was! 

IMG_5507.jpg

15 minutes ago, MariJ said:

See?  I must have moved, sorry it’s blurry.  And, see the cap holder on the pencil and the little adapter is in the black elastic next to the iPad so I won’t lose it.
But, check if you can see as my Pencil came with that adapter, at first I had no idea what it was! 

IMG_5507.jpg

I love it, Marilyn!  That's the same case I have on my mini.  Leroy got the iPad for me and I think he thought he got rose gold...but it isn't.  I never said anything and just put a rose gold case on it.  

I will not buy any more accessories.  I WILL not buy any more accessories.  I.  WILL.  NOT.  BUY.  ANY.  MORE.  ACCESSORIES.   (today)

My poor UPS man.  Good thing he was on vacation LAST week.  ;) 

5 hours ago, SodScrap said:

I will not buy any more accessories.  I WILL not buy any more accessories.  I.  WILL.  NOT.  BUY.  ANY.  MORE.  ACCESSORIES.   (today)

My poor UPS man.  Good thing he was on vacation LAST week.  ;) 

Heehee, made me laugh Conda.   I am SO into accessories too.   I actually have an “iPad” Amazon wishlist but when I went to look at it earlier, a lot of the things weren’t available anymore...   I’m excited for you to get yours.

Hi Girls!

Just jumping in to let you know I am working on some tutorials on Digital Planning using Procreate, Goodnotes, and even Adobe Sketch. I am also working on digital planner products for use in those programs as well :) I tried to read through this thread but it's a LOT, so I didn't make it all the way through! LOL 

I use my iPad Pro every day for just about everything! LOL  I think the Procreate app is great for digital scrapbooking (another tutorial & class on my 'to do' list) but for digital planning I am really loving Good Notes. Procreate works well don't get me wrong - but there's just something about Good Notes and it works great for Bullet Journals as well. Adobe Sketch is a free app that you can use to do digital planning but it's not my favorite - but hey! It's FREE! LOL 

Anyway, let me know what questions you have and I will do my best to answer :)

4 hours ago, Syndee said:

Hi Girls!

Just jumping in to let you know I am working on some tutorials on Digital Planning using Procreate, Goodnotes, and even Adobe Sketch. I am also working on digital planner products for use in those programs as well :) I tried to read through this thread but it's a LOT, so I didn't make it all the way through! LOL 

I use my iPad Pro every day for just about everything! LOL  I think the Procreate app is great for digital scrapbooking (another tutorial & class on my 'to do' list) but for digital planning I am really loving Good Notes. Procreate works well don't get me wrong - but there's just something about Good Notes and it works great for Bullet Journals as well. Adobe Sketch is a free app that you can use to do digital planning but it's not my favorite - but hey! It's FREE! LOL 

Anyway, let me know what questions you have and I will do my best to answer :)

Yay!!  We are excited you are here to help us Syndee!  I think some of our questions (frustrations) are regarding all the different apps necessary.  Also, some of it is just iPad learning curve for some of us who are newer to the iPad.   Not only are we learning a new operating system, but also new apps!  Oh..and writing on a tablet is a new thing to me too.  I need a "writing 101" for tablets.  OHHHH...did I mention I am left-handed?  Sometimes that adds challenges.  I have pretty good handwriting on paper (when I focus on it)...but it looks like chicken scratches on the tablet!!  Is it just me??

I know one thing Becky and I have racked our brains about it saving files as Good Notes files.  HOW on earth do we take our amazing SG supplies and save them as a whole sheet of individually cropped images for Good Notes. 

Now I am running to track my iPad and Apple Pencil delivery....it should be here this afternoon!!  

2 hours ago, SodScrap said:

I know one thing Becky and I have racked our brains about it saving files as Good Notes files.  HOW on earth do we take our amazing SG supplies and save them as a whole sheet of individually cropped images for Good Notes. 

Syndee!!! This is just so exciting!!! *bouncing up and down*

And yes, exactly what Conda said! It's like no one out there (beyond SG) is willing to give up this elusive trade secret. I don't want to start designing, I just want an easier way to import my graphics/stickers into GoodNotes with out having to do it one. piece. at. a. time.

Glad you are on board Syndee - would love to have tutorials and help.
Conda and Becky said it well;  I’ll be trying to think of whatever other questions/problems I have.   I’m still not feeling great so having spent a lot of time on this the last two days.

H E L P !!!!!

Mr. UPS Man was just here delivering my iPad and Apple Pencil!!!!  As he is walking up with my box I notice it is a little beat up and he is saying "this box doesn't look so great".  *gasp*  Corey (yes...I know him by his first name, he is here often...lol) do you know WHAT is in that box???  My new iPad.  Well, I can't repeat what he said, but there was a flap open and you could see inside the box.  The shipping box is beat up and there wasn't enough packing to keep the iPad from rattling inside the box.  

I am afraid to open the iPad box!  I guess if it looks fine I will *assume* it is fine?  I have called the local Costco (relayed the incident) and they do not have any in stock.  They have assured me that I have 90 days to return it if there are any issues.  What are your thoughts?  Try it and see?  Ship it back?  Use it until the store has them?  Sit in a corner and cry?

This story only adds to the fiasco I have dealt with the last 8 days getting packages here, none of which are issues with my local driver or even UPS.  They have all been issues from the shipper.

2 hours ago, Becster said:

Syndee!!! This is just so exciting!!! *bouncing up and down*

And yes, exactly what Conda said! It's like no one out there (beyond SG) is willing to give up this elusive trade secret. I don't want to start designing, I just want an easier way to import my graphics/stickers into GoodNotes with out having to do it one. piece. at. a. time.

LOL @ "I don't want to start designing"....WHY would we?  We have amazing designers here to do that for us!!!  :D  

51 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

H E L P !!!!!

Mr. UPS Man was just here delivering my iPad and Apple Pencil!!!!  As he is walking up with my box I notice it is a little beat up and he is saying "this box doesn't look so great".  *gasp*  Corey (yes...I know him by his first name, he is here often...lol) do you know WHAT is in that box???  My new iPad.  Well, I can't repeat what he said, but there was a flap open and you could see inside the box.  The shipping box is beat up and there wasn't enough packing to keep the iPad from rattling inside the box.  

I am afraid to open the iPad box!  I guess if it looks fine I will *assume* it is fine?  I have called the local Costco (relayed the incident) and they do not have any in stock.  They have assured me that I have 90 days to return it if there are any issues.  What are your thoughts?  Try it and see?  Ship it back?  Use it until the store has them?  Sit in a corner and cry?

This story only adds to the fiasco I have dealt with the last 8 days getting packages here, none of which are issues with my local driver or even UPS.  They have all been issues from the shipper.

Ummmmmmm... I do admit that “CRY” was my first thought as I’m reading this, even before I saw your last option.
OMG Conda - to have such excitement and waiting for the package in such anticipation and then have THIS???   I echo what Corey said.   Your fingers must be itching wanting to play and not knowing if you should open the box and that proberbial can of worms.

I DO know from my Costco experience that they are excellent at returns;  if they say 90 days they will stand by that.   That said,  I understand not knowing enough about the product to even really KNOW if something is wrong - maybe post 90 days

Is your Costco close enough that you can easily get to it?  Two thoughts.   Anytime I’ve asked questions at my Costco, the workers have been very knowledgeable.   So, might you be able to bring it there for them to take an initial look?   Second thought was - since that’s where you’d return it if you had to, I’d think they’d be ok with looking at it?  In my experience Costco workers are usually very nice and very helpful.

My third thought is maybe trying to call Apple?   Just not sure what you’d ask because again - you really don’t know what you don’t know (or the possibilities of what COULD be wrong.    Oh gosh I am so so sorry.

It’s a hard decision as these things are not cheap.  That said, they ARE pretty sturdy and can be banged around a bit and still be ok.

PS.  I have had Amazon issue-after-issue with shipping and delivery for the past year.   Constant feuds, adding $ to my account and time to my sister’s Prime account which I use.   The current problem was supposed to be delivered yesterday, still isn’t here and I needed it, it was “GUARANTEED” - (I screenshot the words at the time) and I’m so aggravated.
Sorry to say, your story makes it feel much less significant.  

I’m so sorry.   The more I think of it - maybe open it, play a bit but make sure others (preferably Costco electronic employee) have a play and look at it in the next few weeks.   I’m pretty sure you can still bring it to an Apple Store/Genius Bar to get their opinion too.  Actually, I’m sure you can because I bought my laptop elsewhere and they still work with it.

Oh gosh, I really feel your pain.   Let us know what happens.

OH!!! I think I recall that when you buy electronics from Costco they have some sort of Product Support that comes with the purchase?
THAT might be a good bet, to bring it and see what they say.    I hope your Costco isn’t too far away, but I’m sure it’s not something you have time to do now.

GRrrrrrrrrrrrr....

EDIT:
Here you go Conda, try looking at this:  Costco Free Technical Support
Perhaps they would check it out for you?

59 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

LOL @ "I don't want to start designing"....WHY would we?  We have amazing designers here to do that for us!!!  :D  

Exactly! Two of us on FB asked the same things AGAIN this morning the answer was avoided by saying "watch my video, it's so easy to crop in GoodNotes." 

Okay, yes, I did figure that out last night, but why be so evasive? Blergh.

16 minutes ago, Becster said:

Exactly! Two of us on FB asked the same things AGAIN this morning the answer was avoided by saying "watch my video, it's so easy to crop in GoodNotes." 

Okay, yes, I did figure that out last night, but why be so evasive? Blergh.

Ugh, for sure.    Just like the reply to me “HIGHLY recommend you join FB” even under a fictitious name, if only to join the group.
Well that doesn’t help much!
And, the videos are great, but I also find sometimes it’s hard to find which one has the info I wanted and already saw.

I tried to crop the tshirt photo on my planner page the way I do in PSE, but couldn’t find a way in GoodNotes so I ended up doing it in PSE and then having to import into GoodNotes again.  Too many silly steps!  

I did photograph the box.  Thank you for the information and link Marilyn.  Will certainly check into that!

I opened it and it looks fine as I expected.  (Boy...she sure is pretty!!)  I am trying to restore from my current iPad, but the new iPad needs newer ios...but I can't update that because I can't get past the restore screen.  Any thoughts??  

I did photograph the box.  Thank you for the information and link Marilyn.  Will certainly check into that!

I opened it and it looks fine as I expected.  (Boy...she sure is pretty!!)  I am trying to restore from my current iPad, but the new iPad needs newer ios...but I can't update that because I can't get past the restore screen.  Any thoughts??  

Nevermind...it appears to be updating now.  It just took it a while to figure out what it needed I guess.  NOW to open up my pencil.  We are leaving soon, so I will leave it home charging (GAH!!) and updating while we are gone.

Sorry for your frustration Marilyn!  I ordered something for Leroy a few weeks back.  Went back to reorder it...shipping was $426.  Yes.  for a $100 think.  Next.But seriously, why????

SEROUSLY WHY????    That is insane!

So, you are trying to bring over your info from the old iPad to the new?   I’m not sure about “restore” - why are you restoring on the new iPad?

Nevermind...it appears to be updating now.  It just took it a while to figure out what it needed I guess.  NOW to open up my pencil.  We are leaving soon, so I will leave it home charging (GAH!!) and updating while we are gone.

Oh, shoot - it will be hard to tear yourself away.
Maybe it won’t be too long of an update.  And, seriously, I never (rarely) charge the pencil from the actual iPad, but when I did - amazing.   Here’s what I just looked up:  “According to Apple, it only takes a remarkable fifteen seconds to provide 30 minutes’ worth of power to the Apple Pencil when connected to the iPad Pro’s Lightning port."

So, if your iPad updates and you’re able to take it with you, at least you can have a little try with your pencil.

Marilyn, I am 45 miles from Costco.  I have an appointment close to there on Monday so I will go in and visit them!  

I did open the new iPad and it appears fine, as I expected.  The rest of the apps are downloading now.  I did pause everything so I could download some goodies.  I'm not going to lie, I had to watch a video again to figure out how to do that.  LOL.  They are unzipped and waiting to play.  Hopefully I will have time this evening.  I'm leaving in a few minutes for appointments.  (One is in Excelsior Angie, I will wave as I go by....)

Accessories to arrive this afternoon.  Oh...and yes, the new iPad is AWESOME!!!