Digital Planners...Bujo...Have you heard???

SodScrap

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Becster said:

Sort of related because it has to do with my planner files.

I plan on my iPad, but do everything else on a PC. Is there a way for me to access my iCloud on my PC? I already have iTunes on my PC if that helps or makes  difference. I just would like to do some organizing, especially in moving off a lot of my photos taken with my iPad camera. I"m used to my phone photos automatically backing up to DropBox and then I organize them on an external HD.

Thanks!

Becky-I think you can use Dropbox to back up your iPad photos also.  

I need to figure out how to get files from Drive to iCloud.  (without downloading to the computer first....)

On 8/1/2018 at 2:56 AM, Syndee said:

Hello Friends!

I just posted a new video on two methods to import embellishments into GoodNotes :) Again, it's pretty basic - but I found a couple ways to get images into GoodNotes that work well for me :)

https://scrapgirls.com/blog/using-goodnotes-app-digital-planning-part-2

I totally missed the first video!  Thank you Syndee!  I watched both of the videos today.  

On 8/1/2018 at 5:06 AM, ladyscrapalot said:

I used some of Syndee's planner products that I had in my stash. I was able to easily import them in to Goodnotes and resize them. I think my problem is twofold. I need practice on writing with the digital pencil. Secondly and more importantly, I'm not a planner girl. LOL! I want to be. I'll wait and see what new goodies Syndee comes out with.

As for scrapping on the ipad, it's not too hard, just a bit different. At least with the Keynote app, no blending modes or clipping masks. Probably my 2 favorite things about digi scrapping. It's also a different size. I would upload the layout that I did but I think it might be too big. There might be other apps out there  to use for blend modes but haven't found them yet. I don't want to have to use several apps.

I know what you mean about not having all your supplies.  I recently saw an app in the app store called Teamview (I think) that supposedly allows you to working remote from you ipad. Some how you have it set up between you laptop/computer and your ipad. I don't know anything about it other than what I read in the app store. I don't know if you can use programs like photoshop/elements or if you would have access to your EHD. If you could that would be a came changer for sure!

I haven't heard of Teamview but I have an app that you install on your computer and iPad called Astropad and it allows you to see your computer screen on your iPad and actually say work in PSE or PS. It's pretty cool but I am not sure if it works for PC's or just Mac's. I will have to look more closely at it. I do know that they are working on a full-featured version of PS for the iPad set to release sometime in 2019.

Meanwhile, there is another app that works a lot like PS on your iPad and I will be doing a video on that soon as well :)

As far as having your digi files availble on your iPad that is always the tricky thing. One of the biggest reasons I don't really scrap much on my iPad. Dropbox works but you have a limited amount of space unless you want to pony up their monthly fee.  I have a wireless EHD which in theory I should be able to access from my iPad but I haven't really tried to do that yet. But that would be idea. Will have to play and see if I can figure it out or sick my oldest son on it! LOL

4 hours ago, Syndee said:

I haven't heard of Teamview but I have an app that you install on your computer and iPad called Astropad and it allows you to see your computer screen on your iPad and actually say work in PSE or PS. It's pretty cool but I am not sure if it works for PC's or just Mac's. I will have to look more closely at it. I do know that they are working on a full-featured version of PS for the iPad set to release sometime in 2019.

Meanwhile, there is another app that works a lot like PS on your iPad and I will be doing a video on that soon as well :)

As far as having your digi files availble on your iPad that is always the tricky thing. One of the biggest reasons I don't really scrap much on my iPad. Dropbox works but you have a limited amount of space unless you want to pony up their monthly fee.  I have a wireless EHD which in theory I should be able to access from my iPad but I haven't really tried to do that yet. But that would be idea. Will have to play and see if I can figure it out or sick my oldest son on it! LOL

THANKS!  Syndee and everyone.   
Syndee - I have looked at Astropad and wondered how it worked because I’ve wanted to get a new drawing tablet to write on/use in PSE but thought there SHOULD be a way to use my iPad and Apple Pencil for that without having to duplicate devices.    I’ve read about Astropad but wasn’t sure it worked well or was good to use. 
So, you are happy using it as a tablet in PSE?  Is it as “good” as using a Wacom (or whatever)?

I just might have to do it - much cheaper than buying a tablet and who wants to have another device if you don’t have to?  I do have an older Wacom Bamboo Fun but initially it didn’t work with the newer Operating Systems.   Wacom kept promising to write a new driver/update - I guess I should check to see if they finally have but I’m not sure they even offer support for it anymore.

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Syndee - I have looked at Astropad and wondered how it worked because I’ve wanted to get a new drawing tablet to write on/use in PSE but thought there SHOULD be a way to use my iPad and Apple Pencil for that without having to duplicate devices.    I’ve read about Astropad but wasn’t sure it worked well or was good to use. 
So, you are happy using it as a tablet in PSE?  Is it as “good” as using a Wacom (or whatever)?

I just might have to do it - much cheaper than buying a tablet and who wants to have another device if you don’t have to?  I do have an older Wacom Bamboo Fun but initially it didn’t work with the newer Operating Systems.   Wacom kept promising to write a new driver/update - I guess I should check to see if they finally have but I’m not sure they even offer support for it anymore.

I have an older Wacom Bamboo tablet as well. When I first got it I never set up the controls and stuff. (didn't know better)  I recently (well last few months) thought I should really set those things up. No can do. Tried looking for new driver/update. From what I can tell they don't even make that tablet anymore. Might have to see if santa will buy me a new one for Christmas! :giggle_bear:

1 minute ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I have an older Wacom Bamboo tablet as well. When I first got it I never set up the controls and stuff. (didn't know better)  I recently (well last few months) thought I should really set those things up. No can do. Tried looking for new driver/update. From what I can tell they don't even make that tablet anymore. Might have to see if santa will buy me a new one for Christmas! :giggle_bear:

Yeah, thanks - that’s what I thought Kelly.   They don’t make the “Fun” one either anymore, nor apparently the driver.

So, I kept looking for something that would let me use my iPad and pencil as a tablet and my research showed that Astropad did that.   Apparently it’s an App you buy and when you put it on your iPad (& laptop I think) you can then use your iPad as if it’s a tablet!  You have PSE on your laptop screen and “draw” or work from the tablet with the pencil - just as you would have with a tablet.   
And, it’s much cheaper, I’d just like info on if it really works well!  I’d love not to have to have another device.

Thanks! for the answer!

6 hours ago, Syndee said:

Not that it matters it's actually called Team Viewer. My B. I'll have to look in to Astropad.

I don't want to do a lot of scrapbooking on my ipad. I just thought I would try doing a few simple pages while were on vacation. I picked items that I thought would work with photos I might be taking. Heck I'll probably be too busy to even bother with it. I thought at least I'd get it set up and give it ago.

3 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Not that it matters it's actually called Team Viewer. My B. I'll have to look in to Astropad.

I don't want to do a lot of scrapbooking on my ipad. I just thought I would try doing a few simple pages while were on vacation. I picked items that I thought would work with photos I might be taking. Heck I'll probably be too busy to even bother with it. I thought at least I'd get it set up and give it ago.

I will have to look up Team Viewer.

And, well at least when you bring stuff for scrapbooking on iPad it doesn’t take up a lot of space!  Everytime I go to my sister’s or anyplace I bring painting and craft supplies and never use them!   Each time I bring less and tell myself not to, but I always have high expectations, that I never fulfill!  :D

1 minute ago, MariJ said:

I will have to look up Team Viewer.

And, well at least when you bring stuff for scrapbooking on iPad it doesn’t take up a lot of space!  Everytime I go to my sister’s or anyplace I bring painting and craft supplies and never use them!   Each time I bring less and tell myself not to, but I always have high expectations, that I never do!  :D

When we went to Australia 2 years ago I did 2 or 3 teenie tiny very, basic layouts (if you can call them that) on my iphone (didn't have an ipad back then). Before we left I kept seeing on Pinterest all these women doing travel journals on their vacation. They packed all their goodies/supplies and cut and pasted their way through their vacation. I wanted to do that but didn't want to bring all those supplies. That's what digi is for anyway, right? No mess or tons of stuff to lug around!

Anyway it's fun to learn new things, new ways to do the thing we love!!!

10 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

When we went to Australia 2 years ago I did 2 or 3 teenie tiny very, basic layouts (if you can call them that) on my iphone (didn't have an ipad back then). Before we left I kept seeing on Pinterest all these women doing travel journals on their vacation. They packed all their goodies/supplies and cut and pasted their way through their vacation. I wanted to do that but didn't want to bring all those supplies. That's what digi is for anyway, right? No mess or tons of stuff to lug around!

Anyway it's fun to learn new things, new ways to do the thing we love!!!

You’re so right!
And, OHhhhhhh....  Now that you mention it, I spent time putting together and brought a bag of scrapbooking “supplies” with me to Australia;  small glue, tape, scissors, markers, etc and a lined journal.  My thought was I could write in it and then tape/glue in all those paper things you pick up when traveling or visiting sites.   

I think I wrote in it on the plane and that was it.  Oh, I used the tape to fix my Fitbit piece that attaches to my laptop, but I’m sure Jody had tape!
And I don’t know what I was thinking since I had my laptop and all scrapping suppllies if needed for LOs and I was writing a blog!  Oh well........  :rofl:

20 hours ago, MariJ said:

When I first bought Astropad it was great but I haven't been using it much lately and I know they have updated it since I have used it. I know a lot of people love it and it's very popular. I can add it as a tutorial/review to my list and that will make me play with it again. Part of my problem is that there are SO many fun apps to play with! LOL

But if there are any apps you all are interested in a review/video/tutorial please let me know in this thread or email me directly :)

syndeesaid@gmail.com

One thing to mention about Astropad is that since your iPad is basically mirroring your computer, then you can access all the files that are on your computer. No need to have them in dropbox or iCloud! So that is a really cool benefit of Astropad :)

4 hours ago, Syndee said:

One thing to mention about Astropad is that since your iPad is basically mirroring your computer, then you can access all the files that are on your computer. No need to have them in dropbox or iCloud! So that is a really cool benefit of Astropad :)

That is COOL!!  

5 hours ago, Syndee said:

I was reading about it in the App store last night and people were complaining that now it’s an $80 subscription and you need another hardware app to go with it.  Do you know if that’s true, Syndee or anyone?

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

I was reading about it in the App store last night and people were complaining that now it’s an $80 subscription and you need another hardware app to go with it.  Do you know if that’s true, Syndee or anyone?

Yikes! Sure hope not! I think people were complaining about the team viewer app being free and then they started charging for it. Although, I don't think it was for $80. I get that these companies want to make money and I'm sure these apps would be useful to some business people who are on the go. I just want to have a little creative fun away from home now and then. ☺️

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

So I have a question for Syndee. Do I download the file onto my computer or my iPad. I'm thinking I download it onto my pc .  I would then unzip the main file and presumably there are instructions on how to get into good notes. 

Not to answer for Syndee (since I haven't purchased it yet) but if it's in GoodNotes format you don't need to unzip it. The file name will be name.goodnotes.zip and Goodnotes will automatically unzip and install it. At least that's the way it looks in the other planners I have purchased.

13 minutes ago, Becster said:

Not to answer for Syndee (since I haven't purchased it yet) but if it's in GoodNotes format you don't need to unzip it. The file name will be name.goodnotes.zip and Goodnotes will automatically unzip and install it. At least that's the way it looks in the other planners I have purchased.

10 minutes ago, Becster said:

For example. I save my files in DropBox and then I navigate there on my iPad, and highlight the file. Click on Export, then you should have the option to "open in GoodNotes".

This all makes sense, it even says on the product page; "GoodNotes file - import into your GoodNotes app (Do not unzip the GoodNotes zip file)" So just to be sure, I download and unzip the main file  export everything into my dropbox account, open up Goodnotes and go from there? Is that what you are saying?

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

This all makes sense, it even says on the product page; "GoodNotes file - import into your GoodNotes app (Do not unzip the GoodNotes zip file)" So just to be sure, I download and unzip the main file  export everything into my dropbox account, open up Goodnotes and go from there? Is that what you are saying?

No, don't unzip anything! GoodNotes will take care of all that as it is imported!

14 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Thanks Becky! I will give it a go when I get back from grocery shopping. 

Okay, I just purchased it and of course you have to unzip the original download zip file, but tone one inside: SNU_DigitalPlanner-ColorYourWorld.goodnotes.zip - that's the one you don't unzip! Just wanted to be clear!

I have it too and am SOOoooo excited!
FYI - I went to and clicked on the file in my iPad and it asked me did I want to open in Goodnotes and I clicked that.   It DID at first open in My Filemaster but as soon as I clicked it there - Goodnotes opened it in Goodnotes!

So, Kelly if this helps - I never downloaded it to my laptop at all which was my intent since there’s WAY too much on my harddrive and I wanted to be working in iPad more.

The planner sure does seem easy to use, I’d given up on the other I bought!   I just need a bit more time to play more but isn’t it so pretty? 

13 hours ago, Becster said:

You are right Becky! No need to unzip the goodnotes zip file :) Thank you all for jumping in and helping - I am completely exhausted after creating this planner! LOL

I needed a bit of downtime :) I am working on a video walkthrough of the planner - most of you on this thread though already know how it works :) But for those that are new to it and GoodNotes I thought it would be helpful. 

I am also in the midst of several new sticker sets that will be in the GoodNotes format and already cut and ready to use :) Let me know if there are some themes etc you all would like to see for sticker sets :)