Digital Planners...Bujo...Have you heard???

SodScrap

16 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I just feel like a dope because I figured out how to copy some of your pages that I wanted more copies of but didn't think to do this for the cover page. :hit-head-with-hammer:

No such thing as you being a dope!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Syndee said:

OK. The Planner walkthrough video is now up on the blog! This video shows you how to add pages, tips for using stickers etc.  :)

https://scrapgirls.com/blog/digital-planning-goodnotes

Awesome!  Thanks so much, Syndee.   Now, I just want to sit and play...but, I should not....  GAH.  

23 hours ago, Syndee said:

OK. The Planner walkthrough video is now up on the blog! This video shows you how to add pages, tips for using stickers etc.  :)

https://scrapgirls.com/blog/digital-planning-goodnotes

This was great! The tip on how to copy/paste all the number stickers at the same time - game changing!

Alright so I have a question. I just hope I can explain it. So I was able to copy all of the numbers at one time and paste it on the month I wanted to work on. Is there a trick to moving the individual numbers? I can lasso one number but it's a hit or miss getting it to move. I've tried a long tap, a short tap. Moving inside, or outside that lassoed area. I eventually get it to move to the spot I want but it seems to take me forever. When I do finally get it to move I'm not sure what I did so I can do more quickly the next time. I hope I'm making sense. I'm sure I'm just not doing it the correct way.

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Alright so I have a question. I just hope I can explain it. So I was able to copy all of the numbers at one time and paste it on the month I wanted to work on. Is there a trick to moving the individual numbers? I can lasso one number but it's a hit or miss getting it to move. I've tried a long tap, a short tap. Moving inside, or outside that lassoed area. I eventually get it to move to the spot I want but it seems to take me forever. When I do finally get it to move I'm not sure what I did so I can do more quickly the next time. I hope I'm making sense. I'm sure I'm just not doing it the correct way.

It IS tricky sometimes.  I believe you want your pencil just outside the bounding box to move it.  Some of my numbers moved in one easy try and some it seemed to take forever!!  I couldn't quite figure out why it worked sometimes and not others.  

8 hours ago, SodScrap said:

It IS tricky sometimes.  I believe you want your pencil just outside the bounding box to move it.  Some of my numbers moved in one easy try and some it seemed to take forever!!  I couldn't quite figure out why it worked sometimes and not others.  

I seem to have better luck using my finger to move things. Now if I could get the hang of writing with the “pencil”. ???‍♀️?

On 8/25/2018 at 8:38 AM, ladyscrapalot said:

It only seems to move well if you tap and hold inside the area you have selected. Are you lassoing (is that a word? LOL) the whole sticker or just a small area inside the sticker?

On 8/25/2018 at 11:38 AM, ladyscrapalot said:

5 hours ago, Syndee said:

It only seems to move well if you tap and hold inside the area you have selected. Are you lassoing (is that a word? LOL) the whole sticker or just a small area inside the sticker?

So conversely I also have the problem where when I want only one sticker, sometimes it’s very hard not to inadvertently pick up one nearby.  I found that if I lasso inside the piece it sometimes works.
But, here’s another issue I had when adding numbers to the montly calendar pages.   I lassoed a few at a time but if I mistakenly moved and dropped them on top of something I’d previously placed on the page, it “stuck” to it and I couldn’t separate/lasso only the new item.   When I’d try to move it they all would move and couldn’t get the new sticker to separate from the one previously put there.   So, I’d end up “undo, undo-ing” until I moved it entirely off the page and then started all over again.

Anyone have this problem or a way to avoid or fix it?

17 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Practice practice practice!!

My mom used to say that to me all the time. When I was a teen it drove me crazy. I told myself when I had kids I wouldn’t never say “you just need to practice.” Then when I had kids I had to find a different way to say it because she was right but I didn’t want to say in spite. ?

7 hours ago, Syndee said:

I believe I lassoed the whole number sticker. I even have a bit of trouble when I cut and paste one sticker. Even though I hate to admit it (see previous post) I think Conda said it best. Practice. 

7 hours ago, Syndee said:

Also, I have created a basic hand-writing 'practice' sheet that can be used in Procreate and GoodNotes. I am going to do a short video on using it in both apps :) 

Oh good I definitely need this. 

39 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

My mom used to say that to me all the time. When I was a teen it drove me crazy. I told myself when I had kids I wouldn’t never say “you just need to practice.” Then when I had kids I had to find a different way to say it because she was right but I didn’t want to say in spite. ?

Heehee, made me laugh, Kelly, so true! :D

15 hours ago, Syndee said:

?  I have lots more sticker sets coming :)

15 hours ago, Syndee said:

Also, I have created a basic hand-writing 'practice' sheet that can be used in Procreate and GoodNotes. I am going to do a short video on using it in both apps :) 

YAY!!!!!

On 8/31/2018 at 3:52 AM, MariJ said:

But, here’s another issue I had when adding numbers to the monthly calendar pages.   I lassoed a few at a time but if I mistakenly moved and dropped them on top of something I’d previously placed on the page, it “stuck” to it and I couldn’t separate/lasso only the new item.   When I’d try to move it they all would move and couldn’t get the new sticker to separate from the one previously put there.   So, I’d end up “undo, undo-ing” until I moved it entirely off the page and then started all over again.

Anyone have this problem or a way to avoid or fix it?

Yeah, there are definite kinks in the GoodNotes app, but it really does some amazing things. I don't really know how to fix it if you accidentally drop images on top of each other other than lassoing everything, deleting and starting over. I have been copying and pasting and moving stuff around so much that I've gotten so used to lassoing things and deleting them when I mess up - you will too :) 

If you copy and paste something and move it right away it shouldn't stick to another image (because it's still selected). It should only happen after you paste and then click somewhere else on the page before moving the image, does that make sense?? LOL

So I have a question for you all. I am working on a set of stickers that are a mix of things like laundry, shopping, reading lists, stuff that can be used over and over basically. Also some flowers, balloon, cloud, coffee, tea, phone, pay bills etc... The issue I am having is the color scheme of the stickers. I have been doing just a mix of colors but wondered if people would rather have them all be super coordinated. Since I am gearing these for use every month I wanted to steer clear of seasonal color palettes. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 12:23 AM, Syndee said:

So I have a question for you all. I am working on a set of stickers that are a mix of things like laundry, shopping, reading lists, stuff that can be used over and over basically. Also some flowers, balloon, cloud, coffee, tea, phone, pay bills etc... The issue I am having is the color scheme of the stickers. I have been doing just a mix of colors but wondered if people would rather have them all be super coordinated. Since I am gearing these for use every month I wanted to steer clear of seasonal color palettes. Thoughts?

I like a mix for things like that. If it was seasonal things, I'd be looking for something more coordinated. Maybe offer a bright colored set and also a set of more subdued, neutral-ish colors?

3 hours ago, Becster said:

Also, I'm getting the hang of basic things in Procreate! I was able to use one of Kara's masks and make new backgrounds for my pages, then add the weekly LO over top and lower the opacity to make it look spiffy!

I feel so smart. :banana:

Woo hoo!  Look at you go!  I need to figure out *what* I need my daily page to look like and create a "master" page that I can then use each day, and change up as the mood strikes.

On 9/3/2018 at 12:23 AM, Syndee said:

Good question.  I think a mix is good.  I would tend to think seasonal colors would be great as time goes on, but then, they wouldn't really match your planner, and that might be annoying.  ;)  

4 hours ago, Becster said:

I like a mix for things like that. If it was seasonal things, I'd be looking for something more coordinated. Maybe offer a bright colored set and also a set of more subdued, neutral-ish colors?

Well, you SHOULD feel that way because you actually are very smart and I’m very impressed!

As for me, I haven’t decorated my September pages yet, but I’ve been marking my walking time in the calendar boxes every day with the pencil!  :) 

One issue I’ve encountered when working in GoodNotes is that sometimes I must inadvertently touch something and the task bar?? Tool bar??  (I never know what to call these things, but the bar across the top where you can make selections on what to do)  disappears.  Almost like when you go into “full screen” on a page.   No tools to work with - the whole bar disappears!  And I don’t know how I do this OR how to get it back.   Or, why sometimes it does come back.  Sometimes I have to shut it all down and start all over.

Does anyone know why this happens or how to get it back when it disappears?

• 2 weeks later...

I just had it happen again, anyone know why it does?

On 9/11/2018 at 5:00 PM, MariJ said:

As for me, I haven’t decorated my September pages yet, but I’ve been marking my walking time in the calendar boxes every day with the pencil!  :) 

One issue I’ve encountered when working in GoodNotes is that sometimes I must inadvertently touch something and the task bar?? Tool bar??  (I never know what to call these things, but the bar across the top where you can make selections on what to do)  disappears.  Almost like when you go into “full screen” on a page.   No tools to work with - the whole bar disappears!  And I don’t know how I do this OR how to get it back.   Or, why sometimes it does come back.  Sometimes I have to shut it all down and start all over.

Does anyone know why this happens or how to get it back when it disappears?