Digital Planners...Bujo...Have you heard???

SodScrap

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

This happened to me yesterday.  I don’t know why it happened, maybe a glitch in the program? I just closed out of it and then opened it back up again. 

That’s exactly what I do Kelly, but it’s a pain and I keep thinking that maybe I’m touching/tapping - whatever - something.
A few times I’ve had it come back but have no idea how that happened, either!   :banghead:

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, MariJ said:

I just had it happen again, anyone know why it does?

Does it not reappear when you "tap somewhere"?  Like if you have your (Mac) dock set to floating, it "comes and goes" based on what you are doing?  OHHH...I know, this was so very helpful.  It's Monday.  And, I don't want to be at the office.  I'm not sure my brain is awake.  

3 hours ago, Becster said:

It does that to me all the time - maximizes the screen. Just tap somewhere (with the pencil/pen turned off) and it will reappear. 

This is what I thought, but I didn't have mine close to double check.  I assume it is supposed to be a handy feature but in fact, it's an annoying feature sometimes!! 

It does that to me all the time - maximizes the screen. Just tap somewhere (with the pencil/pen turned off) and it will reappear. 

This usually works for me but not this one time. I figured it was just a little glitch. Of course could have been that I was tapping with my pencil turned off or something. I’m just thinking I did what I was supposed to do. ??Hopefully if it happens again I’ll remember to check my pencil when I tap. 

9 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Does it not reappear when you "tap somewhere"?  Like if you have your (Mac) dock set to floating, it "comes and goes" based on what you are doing?  OHHH...I know, this was so very helpful.  It's Monday.  And, I don't want to be at the office.  I'm not sure my brain is awake.  

7 hours ago, Becster said:

3 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

This usually works for me but not this one time. I figured it was just a little glitch. Of course could have been that I was tapping with my pencil turned off or something. I’m just thinking I did what I was supposed to do. ??Hopefully if it happens again I’ll remember to check my pencil when I tap. 

I haven’t tried that but I will.   Maybe I DO touch by accident and that’s how it comes back.  And, I’m always using the pencil with my planner, so maybe that’s why touching doesn’t work?   If that made any sense.

On 9/11/2018 at 9:29 AM, Becster said:

I like a mix for things like that. If it was seasonal things, I'd be looking for something more coordinated. Maybe offer a bright colored set and also a set of more subdued, neutral-ish colors?

Good to know! I was thinking a mix of colors since it's things you can use for each month :)

Hello Girls!

Finally, have the handwriting practice sheet and videos for both GoodNotes and Procreate up on the blog and SG YouTube channel! Man! What a bunch of work! LOL I had recorded the videos a couple weeks ago but somehow it didn't record all the audio so I had to redo them. GAH!

So this is basic handwriting practice. I will be doing more videos on handwriting and lettering in the future. Next up, a digi scrapping in Procreate video - this will be a series since there are SOOOO many cool things you can do :)

3 hours ago, Syndee said:

Hello Girls!

Finally, have the handwriting practice sheet and videos for both GoodNotes and Procreate up on the blog and SG YouTube channel! Man! What a bunch of work! LOL I had recorded the videos a couple weeks ago but somehow it didn't record all the audio so I had to redo them. GAH!

So this is basic handwriting practice. I will be doing more videos on handwriting and lettering in the future. Next up, a digi scrapping in Procreate video - this will be a series since there are SOOOO many cool things you can do :)

Sorry you had to redo them but, I’m excited to watch the videos!! I don’t have procreate but, I’ll be interested to see what you can do. Thanks for all your hard work!!!

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Sorry you had to redo them but, I’m excited to watch the videos!! I don’t have procreate but, I’ll be interested to see what you can do. Thanks for all your hard work!!!

Ditto what Kelly says, except I do have Procreate already as it’s supposedly the best drawing app for iPad and that’s one reason I originally bought specifically iPad Pro with Apple pencil.  I tried over and over to draw and paint but with little success.  I even took the free class at the Apple store and still couldn’t master it.  Then, I took the class again a few weeks ago and the instructor and I clicked and so did my brain on how to do it all.   Now, I just have to keep trying and practicing, which I haven’t done in the past few weeks.   

Here’s a photo of the ball she had on the table - and what I drew/painted - which actually wasn’t finished.  It was so much fun and I was so absorbed that I forgot I was in the middle of the busy Apple store.  And I was pretty happy with it all. 

I found that my knowledge of PSE from scrapping and what I know from watercolor class was a huge help in being able to do this.

2102766592_iPadDrawing1-GreenBallJP.thumb.jpg.5d8f41c848f5abbcca8ddce55bf68dbd.jpg

35 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Ditto what Kelly says, except I do have Procreate already as it’s supposedly the best drawing app for iPad and that’s one reason I originally bought specifically iPad Pro with Apple pencil.  I tried over and over to draw and paint but with little success.  I even took the free class at the Apple store and still couldn’t master it.  Then, I took the class again a few weeks ago and the instructor and I clicked and so did my brain on how to do it all.   Now, I just have to keep trying and practicing, which I haven’t done in the past few weeks.   

Here’s a photo of the ball she had on the table - and what I drew/painted.  It was so much fun and I was so absorbed that I forgot I was in the middle of the busy Apple store.  And I was pretty happy with it all.

I found that my knowledge of PSE from scrapping and what I know from watercolor class was a huge help in being able to do this.

2102766592_iPadDrawing1-GreenBallJP.thumb.jpg.5d8f41c848f5abbcca8ddce55bf68dbd.jpg

Wow, that's impressive, Marilyn! I'm not really interested in painting digitally, though it looks like it might be fun. I'd really like to be able to scrap digitally when travel. Here are a couple of layouts I did using the Keynote app and Dropbox. The first one I did at home to see how it works and the second one I did when we were in NC. As you can see they are very simple which is fine as I didn't want to spend too much time working on them. However, I'm not super crazy about the rectangle shape. Also if I keep using the Keynote I need to find a way to resize them so I can post them on social media. I can resize when I can get home but would like to do it when traveling. (sorry if they post big here) 

IMG_0025 for web.jpg

pourtap.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 8:49 AM, ladyscrapalot said:

Wow, that's impressive, Marilyn! I'm not really interested in painting digitally, though it looks like it might be fun. I'd really like to be able to scrap digitally when travel. Here are a couple of layouts I did using the Keynote app and Dropbox. The first one I did at home to see how it works and the second one I did when we were in NC. As you can see they are very simple which is fine as I didn't want to spend too much time working on them. However, I'm not super crazy about the rectangle shape. Also if I keep using the Keynote I need to find a way to resize them so I can post them on social media. I can resize when I can get home but would like to do it when traveling. (sorry if they post big here) 

IMG_0025 for web.jpg

pourtap.jpg

Kelly, I’m so sorry I thought I answered this and would sweaar I did now see I didn’t!   I like what you did here, I’m resigned to nothing being as good as my laptop and PSE with all my supplies, but this is a lovely alternative while traveling.  I agree about the rectangle size, I struggle with it in design and I just don’t like it as well and somehow things don’t fit in the same way.    Both of your pages look great though!   I bought a Scrapping App for my iPad that I used last Fall when my laptop (& me!) were down;  it was all right, but very basic and not very creative.   But, at least I was able to do it.   I couldn’t use my SG products though, I see you can.   What is it you scrap in?

On 10/21/2018 at 7:49 AM, MariJ said:

Kelly, I’m so sorry I thought I answered this and would sweaar I did now see I didn’t!   I like what you did here, I’m resigned to nothing being as good as my laptop and PSE with all my supplies, but this is a lovely alternative while traveling.  I agree about the rectangle size, I struggle with it in design and I just don’t like it as well and somehow things don’t fit in the same way.    Both of your pages look great though!   I bought a Scrapping App for my iPad that I used last Fall when my laptop (& me!) were down;  it was all right, but very basic and not very creative.   But, at least I was able to do it.   I couldn’t use my SG products though, I see you can.   What is it you scrap in?

Thanks Marilyn, no worries ? I totally agree, nothing beats our laptops for scrapping. For the pages I posted I used keynote. After watching Syndee’s I took a look at the Procreate app. It looks like that might do the trick. As I’ve mentioned before I wanted to try to scrap while on vacation. Nothing too elaborate as I don’t want to spend too much time on it. My concern with procreate is it probably takes up a lot of storage. I only have an iPad mini. I probably could take off a lot of stuff to make room for it. But I don’t want to spend the money and then it turns out my iPad doesn’t have enough storage. Maybe I’ll have to watch for Black Friday salesfor an upgrade. ☺️

I’m guessing since Syndee’s video shows how to recolor some of her products we can use Scrap Girls products? Most of the research I’ve done in the past about digi scrapbooking involes using more than one app. It looks like Procreate might be a game changer. Hmmmm lots to think about. 

Thanks Marilyn, no worries ? I totally agree, nothing beats our laptops for scrapping. For the pages I posted I used keynote. After watching Syndee’s I took a look at the Procreate app. It looks like that might do the trick. As I’ve mentioned before I wanted to try to scrap while on vacation. Nothing too elaborate as I don’t want to spend too much time on it. My concern with procreate is it probably takes up a lot of storage. I only have an iPad mini. I probably could take off a lot of stuff to make room for it. But I don’t want to spend the money and then it turns out my iPad doesn’t have enough storage. Maybe I’ll have to watch for Black Friday salesfor an upgrade. ☺️

I’m guessing since Syndee’s video shows how to recolor some of her products we can use Scrap Girls products? Most of the research I’ve done in the past about digi scrapbooking involes using more than one app. It looks like Procreate might be a game changer. Hmmmm lots to think about. 

I still have to watch that, haven’t had much concentration time lately, but what you said sounds great.  I have Procreate, let me see if I can tell how much space it takes up.   

So, I just looked and it says Procreate takes up 158.9 MB , so that’s not a GB if I have that right?   I got the most storage space on myiPad, don’t know how much you have but I DO know that if you buy it I’m pretty sure you can take it off, then go to the App store when you want it again and put it back on. 

Then again, upgrade sounds better! :)   I got my iPad on Black Friday and the APple pencil was free.  

I’m excited to think about being able to scrap with it.   I guess if we’re recoloring, I’d think we can recolor SS is that what you mean?  
I know I’ll still not be totally happy because I like blending, tools, styles - but it sure would be nice to do simple things when not home! 

PS I really liked the pages you did with Keynote,  I still don’t get how since I thought that was for presentations?
The App I had for scrapping isn’t very good and you have to use their products, but at least I was able to do something when my laptop (& me and my arm!) was out of commission!

Thanks for all the info, Marilyn! 

I went to see what tutorials I could find for digital scrapbooking with Procreate. I found one youtube video but there was no talking. It just showed the person working and rather quickly at that. From watching it, it looked like you could sort of do some blending. Then I discovered a different youtube video showing how to scrap in keynote. I learned a few things, like how to do a square layout.  So now I'm torn. Do I stick with keynote and make simple layouts or do I give Procreate a try?

When I asked about using Scrap Girl products I meant like papers, and embellishments. From the video I watched it looked like the woman was using Dropbox. It also looked like there were layers so that would make it easier.

I looked at the storage on my Ipad and I think I have enough storage, especially since I removed keynote and other items I don't use. I did buy a pencil for my Ipad so maybe I should give Procreate a try......

Don't mind me. I'm just thinking out loud. LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Procreate was just updated! My favorite thing so far? They added a clipping mask function!

I'm loving learning how to use a mask to make backgrounds for my pages. I've set aside some SG papers to use for my December pages, and did the same for November.

I'm using the Boho Berry original planner, and purchased the same one for 2019 (undated this time, because I always change the layouts anyway!)

On 11/10/2018 at 9:21 AM, Becster said:

Procreate was just updated! My favorite thing so far? They added a clipping mask function!

I'm loving learning how to use a mask to make backgrounds for my pages. I've set aside some SG papers to use for my December pages, and did the same for November.

I'm using the Boho Berry original planner, and purchased the same one for 2019 (undated this time, because I always change the layouts anyway!)

Also, they added a "crop" function, although I haven't tried it yet.

So just to be sure, you can use Procreate to digital scrapbook? That would be great for travel!

On 11/12/2018 at 3:40 PM, ladyscrapalot said:

So just to be sure, you can use Procreate to digital scrapbook? That would be great for travel!

I honestly haven't tried it. I'm such a PSE/PC person that I'm still finding Procreate very awkward.

Wanted to share, I'm having so much fun using my SG products for my December calendar pages!

Supplies:

Background paper: GWH_DecMemories_Paper_Snowflake,
Ornament border: GWH_NorthPoleFriends_EMB_Border-Ornament,
Pink Pixel Planner: Gnome, from "I'll Be Gnome for Christmas" set,
Mini calendar & cardinal: Lucid Pen Creations on Etsy
Weekdays, numbers, grid, and trackers from CCM Digitals, and Bohoberry.com
Original 2018 journal from Bohoberry.com

Background paper: JWH_ChristWonder_Paper_16,
Popcorn line: STI_HumbleChristmas2_Emb_PopcornString,
Weekdays, numbers, grid, and trackers from Bohoberry.com
Font: sam-wang_harrington (DaFont.com)

Becster_december-weekly2.jpg

Becster_december-weekly.jpg

27 minutes ago, Becster said:

Wanted to share, I'm having so much fun using my SG products for my December calendar pages!

Supplies:

Background paper: GWH_DecMemories_Paper_Snowflake,
Ornament border: GWH_NorthPoleFriends_EMB_Border-Ornament,
Pink Pixel Planner: Gnome, from "I'll Be Gnome for Christmas" set,
Weekdays, numbers, grid, and trackers from CCM Digitals, and Bohoberry.com

Background paper: JWH_ChristWonder_Paper_16,
Popcorn line: STI_HumbleChristmas2_Emb_PopcornString,
Weekdays, numbers, grid, and trackers from Bohoberry.com
Font: sam-wang_harrington (DaFont.com)

Becster_december-weekly2.jpg      Becster_december-weekly.jpg

Oh my goodness Becky, THANK you for sharing your pages - they are awesome!   You did a great job with them and I love the cute touches like the ornaments across the top and the gnome at the bottom!  I love your pages and you are inspiring me;  I’ve gotten away from the planner due to busy family issues, but now I want to get back and use my SG materials for a new month!  

Did you use your SG products after watching Syndee’s videos or using Procreate?   What program do you work in?   This is really great - you are a Master at this!   I’m happy to see your pages, they are amazing little layouts and so festive. :) 

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Oh my goodness Becky, THANK you for sharing your pages - they are awesome!   You did a great job with them and I love the cute touches like the ornaments across the top and the gnome at the bottom!  I love your pages and you are inspiring me;  I’ve gotten away from the planner due to busy family issues, but now I want to get back and use my SG materials for a new month!  

Did you use your SG products after watching Syndee’s videos or using Procreate?   What program do you work in?   This is really great - you are a Master at this!   I’m happy to see your pages, they are amazing little layouts and so festive. :) 

Thank you! I let myself get overwhelmed with stickers in October, and this month and for next I’m keeping it really simple. I did the backgrounds in Procreate, and added everything else in Goodnotes. 

8 hours ago, Becster said:

Thank you! I let myself get overwhelmed with stickers in October, and this month and for next I’m keeping it really simple. I did the backgrounds in Procreate, and added everything else in Goodnotes. 

Thanks!  Becky - you really did an amazing job with your pages, I keep looking at them!  
Happy Thanksgiving!   :)

• 2 weeks later...