SodScrap

Digital Planners...Bujo...Have you heard???

On 3/11/2019 at 10:27 AM, SodScrap said:

I have wondered about using a blank Goodnotes "journal" (notebook, not sure what to call it) as sort of a digital photo album.  I was wondering if it would be an easy way to view my layouts.  Seems it might be easy to open it to show others-people who wouldn't be at my home to see the "real" album.  I think this is a good possibility but am not sure what size and dpi would be small enough in capacity but large enough to view.  Is this making any sense? 

Also, along with this idea, I have wondered about using a GN notebook/journal as a recipe file for the recipe cards I receive/make for the recipe swap here.  I use these cards a lot and have them in Evernote which works fine but I'm a little geeky and wondered about doing it differently. 🤓

I LOVE these ideas Conda and now I’m wondering too.    How big the layouts should be to look “good” on iPad but not take up too much space.

Both of these are awesome ideas!  :) 

Well I gave it a go with trying to make and little photo album. I just created a new notebook and used blank pages. I used my layouts that I'm working on for our wedding. I made a cover page layout but I don't think (I could be wrong) GN5 has a plain cover. So I did the best I could. Then I added a page for each layout. I had my layouts all ready in my dropbox account, they were 600x600 pixels (like how we post them in the gallery). I had to enlarge them a bit. The notebooks are rectangle shaped and my layouts are square. So all in all it's fairly easy. I just don't how much storage room it would take up in you had a lot of layouts/notebooks. Since I only have a mini iPad that is a concern for me.

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Well I gave it a go with trying to make and little photo album. I just created a new notebook and used blank pages. I used my layouts that I'm working on for our wedding. I made a cover page layout but I don't think (I could be wrong) GN5 has a plain cover. So I did the best I could. Then I added a page for each layout. I had my layouts all ready in my dropbox account, they were 600x600 pixels (like how we post them in the gallery). I had to enlarge them a bit. The notebooks are rectangle shaped and my layouts are square. So all in all it's fairly easy. I just don't how much storage room it would take up in you had a lot of layouts/notebooks. Since I only have a mini iPad that is a concern for me.

Kelly, that’s so cool and you can have your wedding album on your iPad to show off!  Thanks for telling us how you did this, I need to check it all out soon.

So I'm taking my shower, getting ready for work and  it dawns on me. Open up a copy of Syndee's planner. Delete all the calendar/planner pages. She has blank pages you can make as many copies that you want. Add a layout per blank page, BOOM , digital scrapbook! I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner but it would look a 1000%  better than the GN5 notebook. Sadly I have to go to work but I'm going to try this asap!

2 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

So I'm taking my shower, getting ready for work and  it dawns on me. Open up a copy of Syndee's planner. Delete all the calendar/planner pages. She has blank pages you can make as many copies that you want. Add a layout per blank page, BOOM , digital scrapbook! I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner but it would look a 1000%  better than the GN5 notebook. Sadly I have to go to work but I'm going to try this asap!

I wondered about this also.  I thought it might work, just wasn't sure until I had time to play with it.  Do keep us posted!  I like hearing what you are doing! 

4 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Me too, like hearing what you are doing and that this works!  I wondered about how to do things like this - even for a new year, you would just open another copy of the planner?    Very cool Kelly!

PS I do my best thinking in the shower.   

Wow, Kelly - this looks really awesome, an actual digital photo album you can carry around, that’s so cool and your layouts look great.
Maybe Syndee can help with the monthly tabs, I remember having trouble with them on my planner.   Can’t remember what I was trying to do or not do - I really need to get back to that.