Sign in to follow this  
Becster

iPad question(s)

I have a brand new iPad (well, 10 days old now!) and I've always been a Windows/PC user. I'm getting the hang of most things, but I have one thing that's nagging at me.

Is there a way to close programs? In WIN there is an 'x' or a menu to do this, but so far all I see is that my programs remain open in another screen and I just have to click on them to bring them back. I don't mean the bar at the bottom of the things I've used most recently, it's a simple swipe of the screen and there they all are. It shows the last screen I was on.

Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'll be back with more!

I hope I’m understanding this Becky but see if this does it.   If you double click the homescreen button at the bottom of the iPad
Double click it twice and then all the open pages/apps should come up.  (You’ll only see the side of each one side-by-side or they might be little icons of each open app)

Touch the first one and slide upwards and it should go off into infinity (& close).   Do that for each one.

I hope I’m explaining this well and it’s what you are asking.

Maybe this will help.   When I double click the homescreen button, my open icons are across and down the screen, not next to each other in a row as in the video, but closing them is still the same.  

Closing Apps on iPad

59 minutes ago, Becster said:

Thank you! I will try this after dinner!

Great!!   Fingers crossed and hope it works.   You know who originally taught me this right?  A 10 year old! :D

My girls taught me this for my phone and ipad. And they yell at me when I don't do it!