June ATC Swap

Boatlady

To add to the ATC Swap fun we have a special treat:banana::
For  anyone who completes  at least one each month for the last 6 months of the year, they will get a $5 GC once the December swap is over.  And if someone misses a month then they are not eligible for the $5 GC.
I will make a chart and post it here. If I miss you one month please let me know, I have never done this before so it will be a learning experience.

If you have never created an ATC, these instructions may be helpful: ATC Instructions

Special additional directions from Marilyn: What I do is create a 2.5 x 3.5 inch card at 300 dpi then I either post as is (and it’s big enough to be enlarged and seen) or when posting you can reduce the longest side of your card (the 3.5 inch one) to 600 pixels.

Thank you Marilyn

You may create as many cards as you would like, just please remember to sign and date each card.

Upload them to the Artist Trading Cards - Digital & Hybrid Gallery then email the full resolution copy (750 x 1050 pixels at 300 ppi) to me at  Albin40A@yahoo.com

Your cards are due to me by 6/30/18

Ok without further ado....June is a pretty month up north with lots of flowers in bloom. My mom was an avid gardener so when she helped me start my flower gardens she wanted to give me some yellow flowers...I said "yellow is not my favorite color" she said" its a cheerful color, the color of the sun and the sun makes things grow"

So in mom's honor this month let's use yellow...pale yellow, bright yellow or any shade or combination you want. Let's see some :happy-sun:sunshine!!!!

Happy:dancing-smilie: Scrapping

ATC-scorecard-for-$5-GC.jpg

Sounds like a cheerful topic Debby.

If I may can I add that when posting your ATC, it’s helpful if you don’t reduce to 72 dpi;  I’ve discovered that’s how they end up being very tiny on the Forum.   What I do is create a 2.5 x 3.5 inch card at 300 dpi then I either post as is (and it’s big enough to be enlarged and seen) or when posting you can reduce the longest side of your card (the 3.5 inch one) to 600 pixels.  

This way when posted your card will not be teeny-tiny.    I hope that’s helpful.

Thanks Debby, that’s cool about the GC and I love the June topic.  

Yay gift certificates!! :cheeringdog: Thanks so much!

Regarding ATC size, I agree with Marilyn, above. I was told years ago that because ATCs, even at full size, are not large (2 1/2" x 3 1/3", unlike our usual layouts which are 12"x12") that they only need to have their larger side reduced to 600px and that we should NOT reduce the dpi. I've personally never tried uploading an ATC at full size, but since Marilyn has, I guess that works, too. I know you inherited the directions that say to reduce them to 72dpi, but that often makes them too small to read in the gallery. Interestingly, it was Bride who first told me NOT to reduce the dpi. Hope this helps!!

6 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Yay gift certificates!! :cheeringdog: Thanks so much!

Regarding ATC size, I agree with Marilyn, above. I was told years ago that because ATCs, even at full size, are not large (2 1/2" x 3 1/3", unlike our usual layouts which are 12"x12") that they only need to have their larger side reduced to 600px and that we should NOT reduce the dpi. I've personally never tried uploading an ATC at full size, but since Marilyn has, I guess that works, too. I know you inherited the directions that say to reduce them to 72dpi, but that often makes them too small to read in the gallery. Interestingly, it was Bride who first told me NOT to reduce the dpi. Hope this helps!!

Thanks for clarifying, Diane - I knew you knew it exactly and you’re the one who taught me!  

Please count me in for the June Swap. I love flowers and I agree with your mom that yellow is a "cheerful color, the color of the sun and that the sun makes things grow." So between flowers and butterflies I'm sure that I can come up with some photos for the swap.

My mom used to tell me that her favorite flowers were yellow roses.  I seem to be the only one that knew this, or remember it, about her.  She said she liked yellow roses because they signify friendship.

On 6/1/2018 at 9:02 AM, MariJ said:

Sounds like a cheerful topic Debby.

If I may can I add that when posting your ATC, it’s helpful if you don’t reduce to 72 dpi;  I’ve discovered that’s how they end up being very tiny on the Forum.   What I do is create a 2.5 x 3.5 inch card at 300 dpi then I either post as is (and it’s big enough to be enlarged and seen) or when posting you can reduce the longest side of your card (the 3.5 inch one) to 600 pixels.  

This way when posted your card will not be teeny-tiny.    I hope that’s helpful.

Thanks Debby, that’s cool about the GC and I love the June topic.  

Thank you Marilyn I added this to the directions..You are always so helpful. Thanks for having my back!

I got confused and thought that this was the June Crop Swap and not the ATC Swap. Didn't read the 'fine print'. But, I'll try and get at least one ATC done for each month through the end of the year.

13 minutes ago, lorac said:

I got confused and thought that this was the June Crop Swap and not the ATC Swap. Didn't read the 'fine print'. But, I'll try and get at least one ATC done for each month through the end of the year.

Great we would love to have you join us this month and all the months left in this year.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:49 AM, Boatlady said:

Thank you Marilyn I added this to the directions..You are always so helpful. Thanks for having my back!

Awwwwww....   And right backatcha - you are always so good to me, Debby.  

I posted (I think!) a card, but it's not showing up in the new images listing. I've been absent for so long I've lost track of the changes and how to do things. And I have NO idea how to post a link here in the off chance I actually posted the card to the gallery!

6 hours ago, AnnBK said:

I posted (I think!) a card, but it's not showing up in the new images listing. I've been absent for so long I've lost track of the changes and how to do things. And I have NO idea how to post a link here in the off chance I actually posted the card to the gallery!

Your ATC is there and it looks super. I have noticed that sometimes it takes a little while for things to post. Please don't forget to email me your copy so I can share it at the end of the month. I will update my scorecard now. Thanks you for making a card.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived