June 2018 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

June is here!  Farmer's markets abound in each and every town around sharing their fresh fruits and vegetables.  It's always a treat for me to attend the market.  This month's recipe swap theme is Vegetables.   There is nothing like fresh veggies and what's better than a new vegetable recipe??  You can find this month's special here: Eat Your Veggies a lovely super mini collection by Elisha! 

I sometimes struggle with finding new-never-scrapped-before-recipes because I have been participating in this swap for 10 years! (OH WOW!!)  Occasionally I resubmit a recipe because there are always different people participating that may not have the recipe.  We request that when you resubmit an "oldie but goodie" that you remake the card.  When I do this, I just open the original PSD file and then recreate from there.  It saves me all that typing time.  :)  I love updating my cards using new collections and supplies as the styles and designs change.  

To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, SATURDAY, JUNE 30, 2018

• PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!

Remember the following changes for the recipe swap this year:

First, each member who submits a card for each of the first six months will get a $5 gift certificate.  

Second, each member that does a card for each of the last six months will also get a $5 gift certificate.  

Grand Prize:  At the end of the year, we will draw from everyone who participates all 12 months and they will win a recipe book/binder to put their new recipe cards in AND a $15 store gift certificate!

AND WAIT, there's more!!  Each month there will be a special "recipe themed" savings selection at a special price for that month only!!  You can find this month's special here: Eat Your Veggies a lovely super mini collection by Elisha! 

Thanks for the tips about remaking recipe cards. I don't know how long I've participated, but it's been a few years. I'll have to look through my book and see what I've got for recipes to share. Veggies are so hard for me (and the family).

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 5:29 PM, BarbaraC1977 said:

Thanks for tip on re-making cards.  I will do a new card when submitting an old recipe.

I love updating my cards anyway...and this saves all the typing time!  :)  Call me lazy, but it IS effective!

10 hours ago, scrapgran said:

Yummy!

This reminds me, I need to post my recipe-I finished it weeks ago!

31 minutes ago, goosie said:

I'm having trouble uploading my card to the gallery. Did the process change and I missed it?

We did have a new Gallery upgrade, so you might see some changes.
Once you find the Gallery you want to upload to, (like the Recipe Gallery) - click on the orange “Add Images” button on the top right.
Drag and drop your jpeg recipe card onto the “+” in the middle of the page where it says “Add Images”
You will see a thumbnail of the layout you just added.   CLICK on that thumbnail and to the right of it you will be able to add your notes, credits, etc.:
“Caption” (Your title)
“Description” (Your credits & notes)
Then click “Save Details”, then “Submit all Images” and your layout should be uploaded!  :) 

So I dragged and dropped the image to your site (the + sign) and followed all the steps successfully getting the green check mark on the thumbnail until I click on the Submit All Images and then nothing happens. I am using Windows 10 with Internet Explorer 11 as my browser. Could that be a problem?

I was able to post my recipe card using the Edge Browser. That is not optimal for me so it would be best if you could make the process work with IE 11 but this was a successful work around!

9 minutes ago, goosie said:

I was able to post my recipe card using the Edge Browser. That is not optimal for me so it would be best if you could make the process work with IE 11 but this was a successful work around!

I’m not at my computer now, but here’s a THREAD about posting in the new Gallery.  At the very end is a link for a tutorial that April wrote, not sure if it will help but thought I’d pass it along.  

I normally use Firefox, but I just tried to upload a LO using Edge and I didn't have any problems. I did notice that the Gallery didn't have the headings, though...

Your recipe sounds fantastic, Shari!

23 hours ago, goosie said:

23 hours ago, MariJ said:

I’m glad you got it to work but admit I’m clueless with anything Windows since I work on a Mac!

Marilyn-thank you for your help!  I'm out of town and away from the computer.

20 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

Y'all...I hope you consider potatoes a vegetable!  ?  I will post my recipe later.  I just realized I didn't upload it when I finished it! 

Of course, of course!  It’s not a fruit!  (Or animal or mineral or however that saying goes, right?  :D
_____________________________________________________________________________________

OK.....  I just asked Alexa if a potato is a vegetable and she said,
“Yes.  A po-ta-to is a veg-atable"

So, there you go!  :rofl:

7 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Of course, of course!  It’s not a fruit!  (Or animal or mineral or however that saying goes, right?  :D
_____________________________________________________________________________________

OK.....  I just asked Alexa if a potato is a vegetable and she said,
“Yes.  A po-ta-to is a vegatable"

So, there you go!  :rofl:

Oh thank you Marilyn!!  (And Alexa!)

13 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Y'all...I hope you consider potatoes a vegetable!  ?  I will post my recipe later.  I just realized I didn't upload it when I finished it! 

If it's not, my family is in big trouble since we eat them so often!

Archived