Help! with PhotoShop & Actions

MariJ

I use PSE but actually have CS6 installed on my laptop but never used it.   This morning I decided to actually open PhotoShop to try "Syndee’s SS Actions: Vintage Postcards” and was able to successfully install both the actions and the patterns.   I ran it on a photo and voila - beautiful!
5b1d298f5d119_ScreenShot2018-06-10at9_32_06AM.thumb.png.f9581e5abcbb55843498a1c6664f6861.png

So I started to try on a few other photos because I want to do it on a landscape.   Each time I did, I got squares on the results:
5b1d29d050f62_ScreenShot2018-06-10at9_31_57AM.thumb.png.8e39f8e52959de838787ed287c752509.png
5b1d29f432907_ScreenShot2018-06-10at9_31_53AM.thumb.png.5823ac8f1f37ac3f9b2519575f010660.png

I thought maybe I did something wrong with the patterns, so deleted and reinstalled.   Each time I try it now, the first photo still comes out perfect, but any others I try have those square boxes; does anyone have any idea why this would happen?
I also tried a portrait and got the same brown boxes on it.

Help!  Please.  Thanks.  

I’m watching Syndee’s videos and she says if the photo is too large you might see the pattern.   The photo she is using is I think 7 inches.  I reduced the image size of my bridge photo to 8x6 inches and it appeared to work better, but then does that mean you can’t use a full sized photo with this action?
I’d rather not have a reduced sized photo on a layout and I’m not even sure that IS the reason this is happening.

Does anyone who uses PhotoShop have any ideas?   I’m almost sorry I opened it for the first time, too confusing!   :banghead:

That's what I was going to ask, is if your photo was too large. 

Something to try, go to your bottom layer click on the pattern layer and you can move around the pattern.  Also if you double click on it a box will come up and you can make the pattern layer smaller/larger and that helps.

If you have the video watch between minute 3 and 4 and she will show you how to the pattern layer around and also adjust the scale of it

4 minutes ago, angleigh said:

That's what I was going to ask, is if your photo was too large. 

Something to try, go to your bottom layer click on the pattern layer and you can move around the pattern.  Also if you double click on it a box will come up and you can make the pattern layer smaller/larger and that helps.

If you have the video watch between minute 3 and 4 and she will show you how to the pattern layer around and also adjust the scale of it

Thanks Angie!  I did already move around the pattern and it still had the blocks but I was so busy trying to get it to work, I didn’t go further in the video so I missed the part about adjusting the pattern layer’s size.      :hit-head-with-hammer:

THANK YOU!  I just watched the rest of it (like, duh-uh me) and played with adusting the pattern scale and was able to get rid of those lines.
Now, I will play with it more,  to see how it works, thank you again.   

Archived