Gallery Rules

You are welcome to post layouts using products from other places and you should give credit, but you may not post links to anywhere that sells Scrapbook Products.   If you’d like to be eligible for prizes on SG, you should use mostly SG products.

Does that help?

29 minutes ago, MariJ said:

You are welcome to post layouts using products from other places and you should give credit, but you may not post links to anywhere that sells Scrapbook Products.   If you’d like to be eligible for prizes on SG, you should use mostly SG products.

Does that help?

Yes, Thank You that helps. I won't use very many non SG, but i do have some i use so was just making sure if i could place them in my gallery here or leave them out. Thanks for the help..

11 minutes ago, Charly Renay said:

Yes, Thank You that helps. I won't use very many non SG, but i do have some i use so was just making sure if i could place them in my gallery here or leave them out. Thanks for the help..

You’re welcome, can’t wait to see your creations!  :)

I know April always said “mostly SG” items in layouts.   You can always use other products to post as long as you give credit and no link.  
But, to be eligible for prizes you must use “mostly SG items”.

25 minutes ago, MariJ said:

I know April always said “mostly SG” items in layouts.   You can always use other products to post as long as you give credit and no link.  
But, to be eligible for prizes you must use “mostly SG items”.

Thank You

• 9 months later...

Is there a place that outlines what the different galleries feature? What is the difference between the Design Team and the Creative Team galleries? How should Member galleries be used? Is there a way to view the newest posts for the gallery beyond the 15 featured on the main gallery page? I love to look at layouts and am trying to figure out the most efficient way to look around the various galleries. Thanks for any answers!

3 hours ago, Celestine said:

Is there a place that outlines what the different galleries feature? What is the difference between the Design Team and the Creative Team galleries? How should Member galleries be used? Is there a way to view the newest posts for the gallery beyond the 15 featured on the main gallery page? I love to look at layouts and am trying to figure out the most efficient way to look around the various galleries. Thanks for any answers!

Hi Celestine, I can’t answer all your questions, but I’ll see if I can help.  
The ScrapGirls’ Design Team creates the Scrapbooking materials sold at ScrapGirls so their Galleries most likely feature layouts that highlight their own products.  
ScrapGirls has their own Creative Team who create sample layouts with various ScrapGirl products so we can see different ways to use them!  Their layouts are the ones you’ll see in each Newsletter featuring new products.
Newer designers have their own Creative Team who create layouts, but they won’t have their own SG Galleries.

Unfortunately with the newer Gallery it’s hard to view more than the most current layouts, I miss viewing bunches of pages too!  I see you’ve found the latest 15 on the Gallery tab, but you can also go into each individual gallery to view more pages.  For instance if you click on the “Challenges” gallery you can see the layouts for all the SG challenges separated into individual galleries, such as “Newsletter Challenge”,  "Weekend Wildcard Challenge", etc.  I just tried clicking on the Weekend Challenge Gallery and there are 40 pages of layouts!  You’ll find the same type of set up in each Gallery.

Each member has their own Gallery where all of their layouts are.  You can find yours by going to your Profile from the Forum page by clicking on the down arrow next to your Avatar photo and screen name (top right of Forum page), then click on the top orange box “See My Activity”.  Scroll down that page and at the bottom left under “Gallery” click on “Images” and you will see all the layouts in your own Gallery!
There is a way to make more specific Member Galleries (like for a certain event) but I don’t know how to do that.

Hope that helps and that I haven’t led you astray, but others might come along to help too!  :)

17 hours ago, MariJ said:

Hi Celestine, I can’t answer all your questions, but I’ll see if I can help.  
The ScrapGirls’ Design Team creates the Scrapbooking materials sold at ScrapGirls so their Galleries most likely feature layouts that highlight their own products.  
ScrapGirls has their own Creative Team who create sample layouts with various ScrapGirl products so we can see different ways to use them!  Their layouts are the ones you’ll see in each Newsletter featuring new products.
Newer designers have their own Creative Team who create layouts, but they won’t have their own SG Galleries.

Unfortunately with the newer Gallery it’s hard to view more than the most current layouts, I miss viewing bunches of pages too!  I see you’ve found the latest 15 on the Gallery tab, but you can also go into each individual gallery to view more pages.  For instance if you click on the “Challenges” gallery you can see the layouts for all the SG challenges separated into individual galleries, such as “Newsletter Challenge”,  "Weekend Wildcard Challenge", etc.  I just tried clicking on the Weekend Challenge Gallery and there are 40 pages of layouts!  You’ll find the same type of set up in each Gallery.

Each member has their own Gallery where all of their layouts are.  You can find yours by going to your Profile from the Forum page by clicking on the down arrow next to your Avatar photo and screen name (top right of Forum page), then click on the top orange box “See My Activity”.  Scroll down that page and at the bottom left under “Gallery” click on “Images” and you will see all the layouts in your own Gallery!
There is a way to make more specific Member Galleries (like for a certain event) but I don’t know how to do that.

Hope that helps and that I haven’t led you astray, but others might come along to help too!  :)

It took some poking around, but to make your own Album in the Gallery, you go to the Gallery and choose Members' Gallery. Then you click on the orange tab that says Add Images. A dialog box will pop up with 3 choices, continue without creating an album, create a new album or use an existing one. If you create a new album, you'll be asked to create a name and a brief description. Then to access that album in the future, you can go to the gallery in your profile using the steps Marilyn outlined above. Instead of clicking Images, you'll click on Albums.

I learn something new everyday on this site! Thanks for asking questions!!

Archived