Scrap Girls World Tour 2018

ValerieT

Welcome to the
Scrap Girls World Tour
:sinking::sinking::sinking::sinking::sinking:

Join us as we once again head round the world looking for inspiration to create layouts. This year could be the craziest yet!

Complete layouts to gain stamps in the passport. Each stamp is worth one entry in the prize draw. At the end of the tour, we will do a random draw, and you could win one of five $5 Gift Certificates to use in the Scrap Girls Boutique.

Each time we stop at a new location we will give you some inspiration for you to create a layout. You may also be given a task to complete. Check each day's itinerary to see what you need to do.
  • You are free to interpret each location’s inspiration in any way you wish.
  • There are no daily time limits, even if the post says today, tomorrow or any date.
  • Do not post your finished layout until we tell you to, just in case something un-expected happens. That should probably be "something un-expected WILL happen".
  • You do not have to complete a layout for every location, unless you wish to.
  • You can combine inspirations; however, you can only receive one stamp in the passport for each layout.
  • You have until 11:59pm (ET) on Tuesday 31st July to post your layouts. Any layouts or tasks posted after this time will not earn a stamp on the passport.

Please be aware the passport will only be updated two or three times a week. The days will vary depending on work commitments. I will let you know in the game thread when it has been updated. If you think you are missing a stamp please feel free to send me (ValerieT) a PM.

This year's blinkie can be found here http://scrapgirls.com/BLINKIES/WorldTour2018.gif
If you need help adding it to your signature please ask

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as the blinkie is ready I will add the details to the opening post.

Anne-Marie will be here tomorrow to set us off on this year's tour.

I will return tomorrow sometime with  the beginning of our World Tour. 

Hope we get lots of passengers for this tour... the more the merrier so they say. 2994525w5ip75odra.gif

8 hours ago, princessrunningfingers said:

I have been missing for a while, due to some (age related) back problems, but I am going to try to used this game to get back in the groove.  If anything can do it, this one will, because it is my very favorite one.

Been missing you Joyce - so glad you’ll be on board!

Here we go............

2nd July
Before we can leave port we need to know who is on board, and make sure you have everything you need.

You have today and tomorrow to complete two tasks.

Firstly we need to know who is on board our vessel. Please complete one of the following;
  • Create and use a new siggy for the forum  
  • Create an ATC featuring your name or username  ( if you have not created an ATC before you can find some information HERE  
       Please use our World Tour 2018 gallery for sharing your creations. You can find the gallery HERE.

Your second job is to head to the Scrap Girls Shop and find the following essential travel equipment. When you have found them post a link in this thread to the product pages.
  • camera
  • flip flops
  • hat
  • cocktail glass

You need to complete both tasks to get a stamp on the passport.

Question- I just did a new siggy yesterday for the salebration. Do I need to do another one?

camera: http://store.scrapgirls.com/Fathers-Day-Collection-Biggie.html

flip flops: http://store.scrapgirls.com/Summer-Story-Collection-Mini.html

hat: http://store.scrapgirls.com/Beach-Read-Collection-Mini.html

cocktail glass: http://store.scrapgirls.com/Pineapple-Party-Collection.html

I've never made an ATC. I'll need to find some instructions.

Bea, you can find some instructions about the size of ATCs   HERE  also have a look at the ATCs in the gallery to help inspire you and you can find some HERE.   ATCs are little pieces of art and they are fun to create. 

In the instructions Valerie put together... you will read that you can choose either the new Siggy or an ATC. 

Here’s some additional information that Debby added to this ATC month’s swap:

Create a 2.5 x 3.5 inch card at 300 dpi then post it as is (it will be large and easy to see) or -- when posting you can reduce the longest side of your card (the 3.5 inch one) to 600 pixels.  Do not reduce to 72 dpi or the ATC will post very small and be hard to see.

1 hour ago, beatricemi said:

Question- I just did a new siggy yesterday for the salebration. Do I need to do another one?

I've never made an ATC. I'll need to find some instructions.

Bea, ATC’s are fun, they're really just tiny little layouts!  You start with a 2.5 x 3.5 inch document (or 3.5 x 2.5 horizontal) and then create a page as usual.  The dimensions are different than a normal page because it’s not square, but I find when scrapping I don’t notice a difference because it’s all enlarged in PSE anyway.  

23 hours ago, princessrunningfingers said:

I have been missing for a while, due to some (age related) back problems, but I am going to try to used this game to get back in the groove.  If anything can do it, this one will, because it is my very favorite one.

So good to see you back on the MB Joyce.

Archived