Adding Linked credits to Gallery images?

I just uploaded an image to the gallery and added all the linked credits but when I view the image the credits were gone. So I tried to add the credits by editing the image but I could only add the first two and then I was grayed out. What is the best way to add linked images.

TIA

After you load the info you need to click the sign that says save info. Or save details. Before your final load. Hope that helps. I didn't see that detail at first. I have to admit I have a hard time with this new gallery.

• 8 months later...

I am still very confused by how to link to Scrapgirls store to credit kits or bundles for a layout. Are there step-by-step instructions for this? As I add an image to the gallery, there seem to be a few options with vague reference on how to add credit (i.e. "Set Credit on All", and then after saved in "Credit"). The Add Image window doesn't have the same "link" tab as in the forum. Sorry, but this has really, really confused me - to the point that I have avoided posting in the gallery until I started a challenge this week. The discussion above in this thread still has me confused.....

1 hour ago, Celestine said:

I am still very confused by how to link to Scrapgirls store to credit kits or bundles for a layout. Are there step-by-step instructions for this? As I add an image to the gallery, there seem to be a few options with vague reference on how to add credit (i.e. "Set Credit on All", and then after saved in "Credit"). The Add Image window doesn't have the same "link" tab as in the forum. Sorry, but this has really, really confused me - to the point that I have avoided posting in the gallery until I started a challenge this week. The discussion above in this thread still has me confused.....

Hi Celestine, so sorry you are having trouble.  It IS confusing until you get the hang of it.

Try this --
First go to your layout (or whatever you want to link) and COPY the link for that page.
Next go to the thread where you want to post your link and in a box like this where you type your words -
type the name of your layout (or whatever you want your link to say).
So, you’d type “My Birthday”.
Highlight those words.
Click the “link” icon above.  It’s 5th from the left and looks like a little chain link.
When the box comes up, PASTE your link into the top part “URL” and click the gray box “Insert" into Post.
Once you click “Submit reply” to post your words your link should work!

Let us know if this doesn’t make sense or you need more help.   I wrote out every part so it sounds complicated, but once you get the idea it’s easy!  :)

12 hours ago, Celestine said:

I am not making myself very clear, I guess. I am having trouble establishing links back to the Scrapgirls store to establish credits on my gallery page. How do I create links there?

I had a hard time with this, too! Here are a few screen shots that I hope will help! When you upload an image, and click on the thumbnail, you will get a screen like this:

image1.jpg

On the right hand side, circled in red, is an option to "use rich text editor". Click on that. Then you will get a box that looks like this:

image2.jpg

Highlight the text you want linked, then click on the icon of a chain link and add the link to the dialog box that pops up. And another tip, if you don't want the double spacing between lines, hold the shift key when pressing enter. HTH!

4 hours ago, CRS said:

I had a hard time with this, too! Here are a few screen shots that I hope will help! When you upload an image, and click on the thumbnail, you will get a screen like this:

image1.jpg

On the right hand side, circled in red, is an option to "use rich text editor". Click on that. Then you will get a box that looks like this:

image2.jpg

Highlight the text you want linked, then click on the icon of a chain link and add the link to the dialog box that pops up. And another tip, if you don't want the double spacing between lines, hold the shift key when pressing enter. HTH!

CRS - This was EXACTLY what I needed! Thank you and I think it worked on the layout I just uploaded!!! So helpful! Hugs!

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:06 PM, Celestine said:

CRS - This was EXACTLY what I needed! Thank you and I think it worked on the layout I just uploaded!!! So helpful! Hugs!

Celestine - I'm so glad you asked the question!  And I'm sorry you haven't been posting because of confusion.  I'm glad you asked, though, because although I had figured out how to get the credit links in there, I was frustrated with the double spacing.  But Carla answered that above, too!

I didn't start linking to the SG store until recently (because I'm a new member of the Welcoming Committee), but it took me a while to figure out how to do it.  I should have just asked.  :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

It seems like a lot of extra work to have to post the link to your layout, seems like extra steps to me but I am an older person now and struggled for a long time on how to do it.  I do know how now but still wonder why it is necessary.  Can't a person just view the new lo's in the Gallery or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, ScrapgirlCindy said:

It seems like a lot of extra work to have to post the link to your layout, seems like extra steps to me but I am an older person now and struggled for a long time on how to do it.  I do know how now but still wonder why it is necessary.  Can't a person just view the new lo's in the Gallery or am I missing something?

I don't know if linking is really "necessary" and will leave that answer up to someone on the SG forum team, but I find the links super helpful when I see a layout or paper or embellishment set that really catches my eye. More than a few times, I've gone back to the SG shop and added a collection or kit to my Wish List or right out bought it because I had overlooked it before.

1 hour ago, ScrapgirlCindy said:

It's not necessary to post links to the products you use. Just be sure to give credit. Links are handy for others if they want to look at the products you used, but we can definitely do a search with the info listed without a link. The SG team links the products we use so that's it's easier for everyone, but that's just a requirement we have, not something everyone has to do.

Archived