Tuesday Newsletter Challenge 7/24/2018

SodScrap

Let's get up close and personal.  I mean, your close up photos!   Don't you just love seeing a great close up photo?  Sometimes I feel we try to get so much in the photo that we lose sight of the main focus of the photo.  Your challenge today is to create a layout using a close up photo(s).  

There are several ways to achieve close-ups.  The most obvious is to zoom in close when taking the photo.  I like using "portrait" mode on my cell phone for close-ups.  Cropping in the post editing is another effective way to achieve close-ups.  This is my favorite method as you can "crop out the clutter".  What are your favorite tips and tricks to capture great close-ups?

Please post your layout in the Newsletter Challenge Gallery and post a link back in this thread.  Can't wait to see your close up photos! 

Here’s mine:
IU Gargoyle

I pretty much left the close-up as is except to crop a little to fit in the frame.   My usual hint for closeups is to.....   Well, take the photo closeup!  For some reason even as a younger kid when I took photos I was always very much aware of using the entire photo space and not leaving much extra background around it.  (Diane, remember that great wedding photo?  :D)
Funny thing is, now that I'm a scrapper I have to sometimes remind myself to LEAVE extra/unwanted space around my subject so I have room for framing and cropping to fit on a page the way I want it to!    My Mom always did tell me I did things backwards and chalked it up to being left-handed.   :)

Archived