searching for old layouts

I'm searching for an old scrapbook layout I made October 21, 2010, for a speed scrap here. I found my text notes about it, including all the steps for the speed scrap, the designer credits, and my journaling. But I've searched my files and I can't find the actual layout! :(  Such a mystery! 

So I decided to come search my old gallery here. But I can only find my albums, none of which contain this layout. I remember we could have layouts that weren't filed into albums. How do I find those? I know I uploaded more layouts in the few years I was active here (2007 - 2010) than appear in the albums I find in my profile now. Did some layouts get lost when the forum was redesigned? 

Thanks for any clues. No worries -- I don't expect the gallery to be a storage place -- but I'm very curious about this layout!

If you're curious about the details I mentioned, here they are:

Task 1: Birthdays are about how the birthday girl wants it! You are to choose a sketch or scraplift another layout and alter it some way or use it in a different way than normal.

AMC_SS_DLT_Pic-a-Plenty1_12x12_PSD
I stretched and smooshed the photos and rotated them so they go diagonally across the center of the page.

Task 2: We love to celebrate, so choose a photo or two of a celebration..no matter how big or how little the celebration.

These are the 6 best photos from our little family celebration of my son's 3rd birthday last November.

Task 3: Parties are full of energy & fun so choose 2 papers that are complementary colors (opposites on the color wheel); be sure to use at least 1 patterned paper.

AMC_ParkPlay_Paper_Green-Circles
ABR_Commotion_12x12_Solid_Red

Task 4: The birthday cake is round topped with 6 wonderful candles. Use at least 3 Round embellishments from these: 1 ribbon/lace, 7 others. Try and cluster most of your elements together.

ABR_Commotion_Stripe_Circle
ABR_Commotion_Button_Blue, Green, Red, and Yellow
TKA_SS_Emb_WrnkldSticks_Circle
ABR_GypsyBoots_stitching_zigzag
3 from Chelle's Creations
red ribbon from somewhere I don't remember

Task 5: No party is complete without decorations! Use tape, tacks or brads to "attach" your photos and embellishments to your layout.

ABR_Commotion_Tape (4 different pieces)
ABR_GypsyBoots_staple1

Task 6: All the best parties are talked about for weeks after the fun is over. Journal about your celebration, emphasizing 6 key words. (i.e. using a different color or font, word art, highlighter etc).

The girls wanted to get Ian presents on his birthday, Caroline wants tap shoes so she can switch to the ballet/tap class at M&S Studios, where her friend is enrolled, and I thought I'd get some powdered sugar and cocoa powder to make Ian's cupcakes. I was going to make soccer ball cupcakes. But by the time we'd gone through the errands, including mailing a bill and a spontaneous visit to the Blockbuster Video that's going out of business, it felt too late to be making a cake, so I decided to buy one. When we got home the girls eagerly rushed to decorate the cake and (Caroline) brownies and I wrapped up the presents. One present remained unwrapped because I wasn't done when Ian came into the dining room and found me! Some of these photos were taken by Rhiannon.  We found the wrapping paper at Target this afternoon. I used every bit of it to wrap his presents.  Everyone was very excited.  Ian picked out the cars that go in this truck at Target today; Rhiannon picked out the truck. Caroline picked out a dance mat, but I didn't get a chance to bring it in from the van before the birthday celebrating started.  Ian was far more interested in his new toys than in cake, to his sisters' disappointment.  Caroline decorated her safe brownies we buy at Ukrop's.  What a wonderful big sister Ian has! Rhiannon not only decorated his birthday cake, but she also tasted it to make sure it was good. I added the yellow design.  The yellow blob is my attempt at a heart, at Rhiannon's request. She says she would have written more, like Ian's name, but she ran out of room.  I added his name. Gotta have a name on a birthday cake!  Caroline says her brownies were delicious. Ian preferred them too.  I asked Ian how old he is. One? I asked, holding up one finger. He said, Okay! and held up his own finger. No, I said, Two? holding up two fingers. Okay! he said. LOL No, you're THREE! we said.  

By the way, I do have all the original photos from my son's birthday, more than what would have been on the scrapbook page. Here are a few, in case you know somewhere to look for scrapbook pages and want to check to see if you found the one I'm looking for.

1166814403_20091106043.thumb.JPG.20df91194e8cbf38d4c3c3133b0cca6f.JPG29208807_20091106035.thumb.JPG.596aa8d4a0a2d0de69275ed9697c7ba9.JPG412363641_20091106026.thumb.JPG.c687fa0d792eca765a7e394d30faa657.JPG

I found it by going to your gallery in your profile. This is how you do it:

Click on your user name in the top right corner, then Profile from the drop down menu. Then click on the orange box that says See My Activity. On the left hand side, towards the bottom, under Gallery, click Images. That will take you to see all the images you have posted.

Then I just checked dates on the LOs you posted until I found it.

27 minutes ago, CRS said:

I found it by going to your gallery in your profile. This is how you do it:

Click on your user name in the top right corner, then Profile from the drop down menu. Then click on the orange box that says See My Activity. On the left hand side, towards the bottom, under Gallery, click Images. That will take you to see all the images you have posted.

Then I just checked dates on the LOs you posted until I found it.

Yay Carla!  That’s great Detective work and good help!

Funniest thing to me is that when I went to the Speed Scrap Gallery I saw a layout I’d done on the first line and I always said I was allergic to speed - I can’t believe I did one!  :D

3 hours ago, CRS said:

Is this it?

That must be it Carla!  The photos are the right ones and it matches the speed scrap directions.  Thank you so very much!  I don't remember making it and I did not find it in all my file searching on my computer or at my Smugmug site where I back up all my images. I wonder what happened to it. Well, at least I can download the web size version.  

Thanks for the directions to look at all my layouts too. That link is kind of hidden, though easy enough once you know where it is.

Guess what!  I decided to search my files again after looking in my gallery here and seeing a few more layouts I didn't remember. I started to wonder if I somehow lost all my 2010 layouts. :(  But I found them! Silly me! Many years ago, I dumped all my layouts up through 2012 into a folder I titled "2012 Scrapbook Pages," a folder I didn't bother to look in earlier today, assuming it was only 2012 pages. ? This was a reasonable assumption, because every year since then, I have created a new folder for each year's layouts.

Yay for being organized.  Hopefully better someday!  ?

What a great team we have here!! Good bit of hunting there April and Carla. ?

7 hours ago, MariJ said:

Funniest thing to me is that when I went to the Speed Scrap Gallery I saw a layout I’d done on the first line and I always said I was allergic to speed - I can’t believe I did one!  :D

Thats very funny Marilyn, I don't do speed scraps either?

8 hours ago, Reminiscing said:

Guess what!  I decided to search my files again after looking in my gallery here and seeing a few more layouts I didn't remember. I started to wonder if I somehow lost all my 2010 layouts. :(  But I found them! Silly me! Many years ago, I dumped all my layouts up through 2012 into a folder I titled "2012 Scrapbook Pages," a folder I didn't bother to look in earlier today, assuming it was only 2012 pages. ? This was a reasonable assumption, because every year since then, I have created a new folder for each year's layouts.

Yay for being organized.  Hopefully better someday!  ?

I'm so glad you found them! I organize mine by year as well now, but in the early years I didn't so I have folders spanning multiple years and if I want to find something quickly, it's so hard.

6 minutes ago, CRS said:

I'm so glad you found them! I organize mine by year as well now, but in the early years I didn't so I have folders spanning multiple years and if I want to find something quickly, it's so hard.

So funny - me too!   My layouts are stored in my Photo App and I have general  “scrapbook” and then suddenly go into specific years starting with 2012.   I guess at first I didn’t know how “into” it I was going to get!   :D

Just now, MariJ said:

So funny - me too!   My layouts are stored in my Photo App and I have general  “scrapbook” and then suddenly go into specific years starting with 2012.   I guess at first I didn’t know how “into” it I was going to get!   :D

I remember when I first started and asked dh for a copy of Elements (I want to say it was 3, but don't remember). I was pregnant with Brooke at the time, so 14 years ago. He said do you think you'll stick with it? ROFL, little did we know.....

6 minutes ago, CRS said:

I remember when I first started and asked dh for a copy of Elements (I want to say it was 3, but don't remember). I was pregnant with Brooke at the time, so 14 years ago. He said do you think you'll stick with it? ROFL, little did we know.....

Haha, that is SOooo true, Carla and very funny!    Little did we know - in my wildest dreams I did not imagine this venture could take me this far and involve me in so much - creativity, artistic outlet, true friends, enjoyment, time consuming when I needed it, a way to created and make gifts and people happy....   etc etc etc! 

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

Haha, that is SOooo true, Carla and very funny!    Little did we know - in my wildest dreams I did not imagine this venture could take me this far and involve me in so much - creativity, artistic outlet, true friends, enjoyment, time consuming when I needed it, a way to created and make gifts and people happy....   etc etc etc! 

In 2007, when Karlie was 6 months old and we had already taken hundreds if not thousands of photos of her, I remember sitting at the computer and thinking "There's GOT to be a way of scrapbooking with digital photos these days, where I don't have to print out all these photos and cut and paste and cut and paste..."  I Googled (did we have Google back then?) digital scrapbooking, and here I still am 11 years later!  So glad I got through the learning curve with Photoshop (the only photo editing program DH had, and it was for a Mac, which I wasn't used to either.)

44 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

In 2007, when Karlie was 6 months old and we had already taken hundreds if not thousands of photos of her, I remember sitting at the computer and thinking "There's GOT to be a way of scrapbooking with digital photos these days, where I don't have to print out all these photos and cut and paste and cut and paste..."  I Googled (did we have Google back then?) digital scrapbooking, and here I still am 11 years later!  So glad I got through the learning curve with Photoshop (the only photo editing program DH had, and it was for a Mac, which I wasn't used to either.)

Wow, Mikelle, that’s amazing and look how far you’ve come and still going!  And chronicling your lives for your girls in such a beautiful way.  11 years, wow..   And, true - me too, I almost gave up when I started on PSE, but I’d had the flu and been pretty sick so was resting in bed and had lots of time to kill!

In my wildest dreams I would not have thought that Digital scrapping would become such an important part of my life in so many ways!  
And, I would have managed, but it has been such an absorbing craft to me and great for all those post-surgeries, too!

Archived