August 2018 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

? August is here. ? 

I hope this means our hot days of summer are winding down!  ☀️ This month's recipe swap theme is Appetizers and Party Food.  Did someone say party??   :partytime2:   Don't miss this month's savings selection:  2016 Every Day Collage Papers  -a lovely set of collage papers by our very own Angie!

To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Friday, August 31, 2018

• PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!

Remember the following changes for the recipe swap this year:

First, each member who submits a card for each of the first six months will get a $5 gift certificate.  WINNERS POSTED ABOVE!!

Second, each member that does a card for each of the last six months will also get a $5 gift certificate.  

Grand Prize:  At the end of the year, we will draw from everyone who participates all 12 months and they will win a recipe book/binder to put their new recipe cards in AND a $15 store gift certificate!

AND WAIT, there's more!!  Each month there will be a special savings selection at a special price for that month only!!  You can find this month's special here:  2016 Every Day Collage Papers  -a lovely set of collage papers by our very own Angie!

*I sometimes struggle with finding new-tried-and-true-never-scrapped-before-recipes because I have been participating in this swap for 10 years! (OH WOW!!)  Occasionally I resubmit a recipe because there are always different people participating that may not have the recipe.  We request that when you resubmit an "oldie but goodie" that you remake the card.  When I do this, I just open the original PSD file and then recreate from there.  It saves me all that typing time.  :)  I love updating my cards using new collections and supplies as the styles and designs change. 

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

More than 24 hours to spare...plenty of time for another one!  ?

Hmmmmmm....  Now you’ve got me thinking.   I’m cramming in every last minute until the pool closes but rain is predicted for tomorrow............    :D

6 hours ago, MariJ said:

Ok...   So not only is it rainy and dreary yet again on the last Pool Summer Weekend, but the part for my car came in in a DAY!   So, I’ve made one recipe card and suspect I might be making more sitting at the dealer’s for what they say can be a long wait.....

Mom’s Deep Fried Mozzarella Puffs

This has to be good!!  "Fried" and "Mozzarella" both in the title??  YUMMMM.

O-Kay!  It’s dreary and rainy and I’m sitting at the car dealership waiting for my car to be fixed.   Good thing I scanned those recipes before I left the house.
I’m having fun with the Mice in this collection.

Mom’s Greek Cheese Appetizers

(Actually, I typed that about 2 hours ago and then the service advisor came to get me so I couldn’t post it ’til now!)

7 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

This has to be good!!  "Fried" and "Mozzarella" both in the title??  YUMMMM.

Haha, I think it’s like the “Mozzarella en Carozza” appestizer like you get in Italian restaurants here, but easier to make.

That moment when you are compiling recipes for the swap...and you are adding yours and search for your recipe...only to find you shared this recipe last year...and so you maybe have to make another card?? ? For kicks, I think I will include both cards...  OHHHH...no.  You thought I meant I did that?  Asking for a friend ?  

HOW'S YOUR DAY???

Archived