Mix It Up September

ValerieT

Hi everyone, welcome to September's Forum Game. We will do a bit of this and a bit of that, lots of different ways to create layouts. We have tutorials, colour swatches, images and the shop for you to use as inspiration for your layouts.

Everyday, Monday to Saturday, a task will be posted. Each layout will usually have two steps, just check the task each day for when to post your layouts. There are no twists or tricks and no daily time limits.

Each completed layout posted in the Hodge Podge Gallery will be entered in a drawing for one of five $5.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

You have until 11:59pm ET on September 30th 2018 to complete the steps and post your layouts to the Hodge Podge Gallery. There are no daily time limits.

After each task you can post your progress in this thread if you wish. PLEASE NOTE; THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. Here is how;
  • Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial How To Post Images In The Forum  to post your "progress" in the game thread.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is our first task, go ahead and post your layout when you are finished.

1st September

Let’s start the month with a choice of tutorial.

Check out these two tutorials on the blog and pick the one you like best. Then create your layout using the technique in your chosen tutorial.

Super Size Your title

fun With fonts: Offset

Post your layout in the Hodge Podge Gallery.

3rd September

Staying with titles, I love to use word art as a title.

Today we want you to search the shop for a set of word art that you really like and would use as a title.

Post a link here when you have found one.

42 minutes ago, ValerieT said:

I will post the preview of my layout when I get back from work at lunchtime. Got training this morning, boo!

I remember that sinking feeling as you go back to work - then after a couple of days it feels like you've never been away. Chin up Valerie - it's nearly Christmas!

Archived