Mix It Up September

ValerieT

11 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

Oh fun!  I love using the tutorials!  I came to the MB to upload a few layouts "real quick like"....and now, I want to sit and play!!  WAIT...it's not play, it's preserving my family legacy which is VERY important work and MUST be taken seriously!!  :) So MAYBE....I can sneak in some work before I go to the office????

It's very important work, Conda, which I agree, must be taken seriously!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

Thank you for the vote of confidence Carla!  It might help ease my guilty conscience...

No need to feel guilty! You have a new grandbaby that is begging to be scrapped (and ooohhh and ahhhed over by us) and you can't leave out his big sister!

8 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

Thank you for the vote of confidence Carla!  It might help ease my guilty conscience...

I vote yes too!   Can’t you see Charlotte and Bo when they get older (or even soon!) sitting and looking through your layouts of them as babies?   Priceless......  :)

4 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Oh fun!  I love using the tutorials!  I came to the MB to upload a few layouts "real quick like"....and now, I want to sit and play!!  WAIT...it's not play, it's preserving my family legacy which is VERY important work and MUST be taken seriously!!  :) So MAYBE....I can sneak in some work before I go to the office????

Yes, when you play WORK making a layout you are giving your family something important. Go, Conda! :) 

I did the shapes tutorial and made a paper.....its a bit boring on its own though but I had such fun making it. I used the ornament 8 shape and a gradient then I blended it with SRO_CruiseBlues. I used one photo and nine embellishments + WA for title.

This is the paper I made

SG_custom shape paper.jpg

2 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Yes, when you play WORK making a layout you are giving your family something important. Go, Conda! :) 

Our landline phone has been wonky all day and then the internet went out.  I thought, well, I can't work so maybe I can take the afternoon off.  However, it was only out for a few minutes.  So....I better get some more work done.  I should be able to wrap up my layout this evening.

12th September

How about some photos as inspiration today?

12-09-18 a.jpg     12-09-18 b.jpg

Where would you pick to spend your holiday/vacation? Use one as inspiration for your next layout.

Start a new layout in your preferred size and add five papers and one photo.  Do not share finish your page yet... more instructions to come tomorrow. 

14th September

How about a tutorial on how to colour ScrapSimple papers?

Three Ways to Colour Paper Templates in Photoshop Elements

Another Use for Solid Digital Scrapbook Papers

Use one of these tutorials to help you colour a ScrapSimple Paper Template to use as your background. When you are done add two photos to your layout.  But do not finish your layout until you follow tomorrow's instructions.... 

Here is my HodgePodge#5 We live here all summer on the boat and it is still my favorite place to vacation. My favorite place to be- at the sea. 5 papers are blended and 11 embellishments.

Archived