AFT Designs - September Challenge & Prize

AmandaFace

As we are moving into September, I’m starting to look forward to fall (it’s my favorite season) but before I get to ahead of myself, I want to take a little time to reflect on summer.

So how about a challenge? The challenge is simple, just create a layout about a favorite summer memory. It doesn’t even necessarily need to be this summer, just any summer memory you may have. Don’t have a photo b/c it’s something from the past? That’s fine, photo-less layouts work as well.

How

The challenge will run from Sept 1st - Sept 30th. Create a layout featuring your summer memory, post it in the gallery, and then share it here with us in this thread as well.

I ask that the layout utilize at least 30-50% of items from my store. (Don’t overthink that percentage, just make sure some of  my items are used pretty please)

Prize

A $5 coupon good for anything in my store.

Everyone that follows the guidelines will be entered into the drawing!

And please share! When you post, tell us about why it was your favorite memory, or a little bit about your layout.

Here are a few products and layouts that may stimulate some creativity, but please note you don’t have to use these, they’re just suggestions and perhaps some of my own favorite summer memories :) (images are linked to products)

AFT_SummBeachcomber_Bundle.jpg  AFT_Beachcomber_CollMini_LO_600.jpg

AFT_BrushSet-photoshop-blended-artsy-bruAFT_BrushSet_SDBlended_MKTG_600.jpg

ASO_SSStyles_TrappedBeadsTints_6401_MKTG  ASO_SSStyles_TrappedBeadsTints_6401_LO2_

AFT-digital-scrapbook-kit-summer-layout- AFT_OhSunnDay_Coll_LO2.jpg

This sounds a great challenge.  Hopefully I will return sometime this month with something. 

10 hours ago, Dady said:

Thank you Amanda for this challenge!
For me it's a nice memory, a walk with my husband in the old Nice where we like to walk, it's a place picturesque and colorful place and always lively!

Remember

SG_AFT-Challenge.jpg

This is so amazing and a real work of art, I love it!   

On 9/2/2018 at 9:33 AM, Dady said:

Thank you Amanda for this challenge!
For me it's a nice memory, a walk with my husband in the old Nice where we like to walk, it's a place picturesque and colorful place and always lively!

Remember

Oh I can only imagine! Love this!

Conda, I'm jealous of your Hummies! I have a feeder but rarely see them.

Mikelle - beautiful! I love a good whole photo layout, I should do more of those myself.

Thank you Bea! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Amanda, I have 5 feeders and have been filling them every other day.  There are SO MANY of them and they are sucking my feeders dry!  I am sad that they will be gone in a week or two.  I'm already thinking of upping my feeder game next year.  Actually, we are redoing the landscaping where I have most of the feeders and I plan to replace the existing shrubs/plants with hummer and butterfly friendly flowers.  (DH may not know this yet, but....)  I should track how many pounds of sugar I use each week for them.  #hummingbirdgeek #notashamed 

9 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Amanda, I have 5 feeders and have been filling them every other day.  There are SO MANY of them and they are sucking my feeders dry!  I am sad that they will be gone in a week or two.  I'm already thinking of upping my feeder game next year.  Actually, we are redoing the landscaping where I have most of the feeders and I plan to replace the existing shrubs/plants with hummer and butterfly friendly flowers.  (DH may not know this yet, but....)  I should track how many pounds of sugar I use each week for them.  #hummingbirdgeek #notashamed 

wow! I was happy with the 3 hummers that visit my front feeder and the 2 that visit the back. I love to watch them fight over the feeders!

14 hours ago, CRS said:

wow! I was happy with the 3 hummers that visit my front feeder and the 2 that visit the back. I love to watch them fight over the feeders!

When I first had hummingbirds, I didn't like that they fought over the feeders.  I would rarely have more than one on a feeder at a time.  Now I love listening to them chirp and chatter at each other and they are so fun to watch!  

Amanda I just downloaded White Linen collection from the store but now it says Amanda Sok...Is that still yours?

I love your blenders here is one of my favorite times. Youngest grandson came to do a overnight on the boat with us and loved it too.

AFT_Summer.jpg

4 hours ago, Florida granny said:

I have a layout but am confused to where I should post it. Is there a special gallery? Or should I just post it here? :dunno:

I think it can go in any gallery but also post the link and photo here.  At least that’s what I did. ?

On 9/4/2018 at 9:51 AM, SodScrap said:

That's awesome! I live in a planned neighborhood and it's like everyone has one so I'm sure that has to do with it as well. We joke about going and knocking other ones down so they have to come to ours. HAHAHA!

13 hours ago, Florida granny said:

I have a layout but am confused to where I should post it. Is there a special gallery? Or should I just post it here? :dunno:

Hi Diane, yes, any gallery (your personal, whatever) just make sure to come back and here and share the link/your prettiness with us too! :)

Thanks, Amanda and others for answering my question. :)

Here's my September Challenge layout. One of our favorite things about summer is going for ice cream after dinner. It's still light out and ice cream of course tastes great, especially in hot weather. I try not to eat ice cream often (Someone told me it has calories, LOL) but when we are with our grandkids, then that's different!

It was a lot of fun getting to dip into my AFT (and ASO) stash for this. Thanks for the challenge!

AFT Challenge Sept 2018 for Forum thread.jpg

Archived