September 2018 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

Let the spring rains begin!!  WHAT?  It’s September but feels like spring rains!  We have been in an exceptional drought (literally the worst in the nation is RIGHT OVER our sod farm) and it has been miserable hot and dry.  Now, it's raining off and on (which we need desperately), just enough that we can't work.  Finally, this week's rain will be beneficial.  Hopefully it helps the ponds, livestock and some surrounding communities that are having a water crisis.  BRING.  ON. FALL.

This month’s theme is Perfect Pasta.  MMMM. Who doesn’t love a yummy pasta dish???  This month's Savings Selection from Laura Louie is the perfect compliment for your pasta recipe cards!

Let the spring rains begin!!  WHAT?  We have been in an exceptional drought (literally the worse in the nation is RIGHT OVER our sod farm) and it has been miserable hot and dry.  Now, it's raining To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Sunday, September 30, 2018

• PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!

Remember the following changes for the recipe swap this year:

First, each member who submits a card for each of the first six months will get a $5 gift certificate.  WINNERS POSTED ABOVE!!

Second, each member that does a card for each of the last six months will also get a $5 gift certificate.  

Grand Prize:  At the end of the year, we will draw from everyone who participates all 12 months and they will win a recipe book/binder to put their new recipe cards in AND a $15 store gift certificate!

AND WAIT, there's more!!  Each month there will be a special savings selection at a special price for that month only!!  You can find this month's special here:  Sunshine Bouquet  -a lovely super mini collection from Laura Louie!  Lovely colors for our this month’s theme.

*I sometimes struggle with finding new-tried-and-true-never-scrapped-before-recipes because I have been participating in this swap for 10 years! (OH WOW!!)  Occasionally I resubmit a recipe because there are always different people participating that may not have the recipe.  We request that when you resubmit an "oldie but goodie" that you remake the card.  When I do this, I just open the original PSD file and then recreate from there.  It saves me all that typing time.    I love updating my cards using new collections and supplies as the styles and designs change. 

Oh I love pasta and OHHHHhhhhhhh...  I sure wish I could have sent you some of the constant rain we had this summer, Conda.

And, the biggest OH!! --- to your first paragraph.   “Sod” farm???? Is THAT where “SodScrap” comes from?   How cool!

42 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Oh I love pasta and OHHHHhhhhhhh...  I sure wish I could have sent you some of the constant rain we had this summer, Conda.

And, the biggest OH!! --- to your first paragraph.   “Sod” farm???? Is THAT where “SodScrap” comes from?   How cool!

It is Marilyn!!  Sometimes we use sod scraps to patch at the end of a job...I sort of liked the play on words.  Scraps.  Scrap.  LOL  Now you know.  :D 

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

It is Marilyn!!  Sometimes we use sod scraps to patch at the end of a job...I sort of liked the play on words.  Scraps.  Scrap.  LOL  Now you know.  :D 

Yes, that is SO ccol!  I didn’t realize the sod scraps were actually scraps - but I DID see the play on words with “Scrap”(ing).    So very clever and cool Conda!  :)

I hope we get some of your rain, Conda! The clouds have been hovering, but no rain yet. We could use it, too.

Pasta, love it! I have a few recipes I love, but if I have to sacrifice and try some new ones to use this month, I guess I could do that...

On 9/6/2018 at 8:23 AM, CRS said:

I hope we get some of your rain, Conda! The clouds have been hovering, but no rain yet. We could use it, too.

Pasta, love it! I have a few recipes I love, but if I have to sacrifice and try some new ones to use this month, I guess I could do that...

We are grateful that you are willing to take one for the team with the burden of trying new pasta recipes.  ?

4 hours ago, MariJ said:

LOVE pasta and can’t help using this collection - those mice are so cute!
Mac n’ Cheese Gratins

Those mice are SUPER cute!!

Archived