Help finding albums!

SodScrap

I have been debating (and debating and debating...) how to print layouts for Charlotte.  I was originally looking at printed books but I have decided to print the layouts and put them in an album.  I like the flexibility of this and it might be "safer" for her to look at.  I can always print them in a bound book at a later date when she is older.  

I scrap 12x12 but feel that size is just too big/bulky and would like to do an 8x8 album.  What is your favorite album?  Why?  Be specific!  Honestly, I (thought) decided on a ring bound binder for ease of use and durability.  I am not having much luck finding one.  I would prefer one without a frame on the front.  What one do you use?  Do you love it?  Hate it??  

Help a girl out!  Charlotte will be two on the 7th, so I'd like to get it together and give to her then!

I scrap in A4 and make an album each year for my oldest DGS. It was partially successful but each page (or pair of pages) had to go into plastic wallets or have holes punched in them to fit the binder with the resultant worry of pages being pulled and holes spoilt. With the arrival of DGS #2 I decided to reduce the size of the pages to 5 x 7 (approx 60% of A4) and to use a proper photograph album holding 200 prints. I now have an album for both boys and this Christmas I will just add the 2018 photos from where I left off last Christmas. Photograph albums are quite robust and even if the album gets spoilt the photos should remain OK.

I did worry about making the change from one system to the other but I think I'm glad I did it. I'm sure that whatever you choose, it will be fine.

31 minutes ago, CRS said:

Try scrapbook.com and do a search for Albums 8x8 and see if anything pops up that you like. There are all types of albums...

I will check them out.  (I have looked before from a Google search)  Thank you Carla!

Michaels used to sell 8x8 scrapbooks with plastic sleeves;  haven’t looked in awhile to see if they still do.   I also remember buying them at A.C. Moore, but we don’t have those any more - are they still around?
Or, possibly Hobby Lobby?   Don’t have one near me but if you do you could probably call and they’d tell you.

Condai I just did a search on Amazon for “8 x 8 Scrapbook album” and these came up.
I know they sell the refill pages also.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_8_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=8+x+8+scrapbook+album&sprefix=8+x+8+s%2Caps%2C140&crid=390C2BO0K4GBR

I’ll bet they sell other sizes also if they are better for you.

I always printed my pages and used 8x8 ring binder albums by We R Memory Keepers. I like the ring binder because I don't scrap in order. They were really pretty, relatively inexpensive and came in many colors. Sadly the company discontinued them. I just checked their site and it looks like they still make the black but in leather or leather-like. The ones I bought were linen-like. I just found some cute ones by Becky Higgins at another site. I print books now even though the pages are not in order sigh. I also want to try 10x10. I think 8x8 is just a bit too small. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

I almost forgot- the albums with 2 rings didn't really work for me. The pages flopped if you know what I mean. That's why I liked the We R albums. They had 3 rings even though they were 8x8. If I were going back to albums I might look for post bound. I didn't like it when the pages flopped below the cover.

I love the d-ring albums it makes it SO much easier to add pages if you scrapbook out of order!

I tried Scrapbooks please but my pages seemed to print very dark. They were great about refunding  my money. I  have loved scrappingsimply.com they are super easy to work with and ship fast. Never have had pages print darker than they appear on my laptop. Also they have prepaid programs that gives you a deal on multiple prints!

On 9/28/2018 at 5:44 PM, AmandaFace said:

These! There are a few different colors.

That's generally the brand that I use for my project life albums and I like them :)

Those are the ones I found via google. Good to know you like them. I couldn't tell if they had 2 or 3 rings but it's good to have a recommendation. For prints I always use Persnickety Prints- the quality is awesome there and the often have sales on pre-paid pages.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 3:51 PM, beatricemi said:

I always printed my pages and used 8x8 ring binder albums by We R Memory Keepers. I like the ring binder because I don't scrap in order. They were really pretty, relatively inexpensive and came in many colors. Sadly the company discontinued them. I just checked their site and it looks like they still make the black but in leather or leather-like. The ones I bought were linen-like. I just found some cute ones by Becky Higgins at another site. I print books now even though the pages are not in order sigh. I also want to try 10x10. I think 8x8 is just a bit too small. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

I almost forgot- the albums with 2 rings didn't really work for me. The pages flopped if you know what I mean. That's why I liked the We R albums. They had 3 rings even though they were 8x8. If I were going back to albums I might look for post bound. I didn't like it when the pages flopped below the cover.

I get what you mean about "flopped"...the one I got seems "floppy" and I wondered why....

I print 8x8, and have about 9 of them now.  I’ve mostly used Pioneer albums, and get them from Michaels.  But the link that Amanda posted, those look great, and I’m thinking the ring binder will be much easier to use.  I think I’ll try those next, it’s almost time for me to start some new ones.

Archived