Anyone here use the program "Inkscape"

Ngaire

Ngaire, I think I once had Inkscape on my computer but not now.

I use Pixillion for converting files and I just checked and you can convert PNG or JPEG to SVG with it.

I will share a link https://pixillion-free-image-converter.en.softonic.com/

I mostly use it for converting Kit previews JPEGs to ICO ( icons for folders so I can see what is in my kit folders).  It is a free download but then I think you are asked to give a donation and I think I gave $5 and it is still working okay so that must have been enough payment. 

Oh thanks for that Anne Marie!? But I have already downloaded Inkscape and are pretty fascinated with what it can do. Have been hunting down lots of tutorials and it seems a pretty cool piece of software. I have been wondering about learning Illustrator but the cost has put me off. Inkscape seems to do what I would like it to do and more and is a free download? I went and looked at the pixillion and aren't too sure that it is ok with my mac. Seemed to be good for windows though.

I bought Illustrator years ago and still have not learnt how to use it.... very complicated to learn.

I forgot yours is not a Windows computer.

Thanks ladies for your replies. I guess I will just have to do what you have done Angie, and just sit down and work with it. But I will go with "Inkscape" instead of Illustrator?
Andrea its also for my cricut? I have this wonderful machine and now I really need to use it, but living in NZ there isn't a lot of support for cricut. I cant use the "access" they talk about because its only for the USA, Canada and the UK. So I have to do lots of googling which can be wonderful but sometimes lots of looking and digging needs to be done before I can find too many wonderfuls? Do you use your cricut much? If so what do you use it for?

• 3 months later...

Archived