AFT Designs - October Challenge & Prize

AmandaFace

As I mentioned before, fall is my all time favorite season. One of my favorite things about it being all the beautiful rich colors, which is why it’s actually my favorite season to design products for! For this months challenge let’s focus on those lush fall colors.

The Challenge

Challenge is simple, create a layout utilizing and inspired by fall colors. I realize not everyone is currently celebrating fall, so don’t feel like it has to be a “fall” layout itself - just focus on the awesome colors that nature provides us in the way of foliage during the fall season.

AFT_1018_SGChallenge.jpg

Also, you aren’t just tied to the colors above. Just a little eye candy, and perhaps a little help to get you jump-started. :)

How

The challenge will run from Oct 1st - Oct. 31st. Create a layout featuring fall colors, post it in the gallery, and then share it here with us in this thread as well. (There isn’t a specific place in the gallery you need to post, your personal gallery is fine.)

I ask that the layout utilize at least 30-50% of items from my store. (Don’t overthink that percentage, just make sure some of  my items are used pretty please)

Prize

A $5 coupon good for anything in my store.

Everyone that follows the guidelines will be entered into the drawing!

And please share! When you post, feel free to tell us about your creative process or something about your layout.

Here are a few products and layouts that may stimulate some creativity, but please note you don’t have to use these, they’re just suggestions and perhaps some of my own favorite fall inspired colors.

AFT_FallFoliage_CollMini_LO1_600.jpg   AFT_FallPrelude_Alphas_LO_600.jpg

AFT_VP_Pepper_LO_600.jpg AFT_ValuePack_FallPrelude_MKTG_600.jpg

AFT_SSEmb_ErodedClusters1_MKTG.jpg  AFT-Halloween-digital-scrapbooking-flowers-strings-charms-papers_LG.jpg

I will use the colors but I am done with pretty fall colors of the north- then leaves to rake, bare trees- then snow and cold!!!. I exchanged them for year round green of Florida but I will make a page.

1 hour ago, Boatlady said:

I will use the colors but I am done with pretty fall colors of the north- then leaves to rake, bare trees- then snow and cold!!!. I exchanged them for year round green of Florida but I will make a page.

I just don't think I could do 'year around green'!  Give me fall and the lovely colored leaves.  Cool temperatures.  I went to college in SG and it just wasn't Christmas time until I got home where it was cold/cooler.  

Great challenge Amanda!  I have some pictures of little miss from the weekend with pumpkins...

7 hours ago, Boatlady said:

It's year round 'green' here as well. However, there are places to go to that has fall changes.

I love the fall colors, but absolutely hate to rake leaves!! I do like to see a definite change in seasons, just not a lot of snow that comes with winter in the north east (which is why we will probably not move back there for retirement!)

22 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Yeah, I've lived in some of those "year round green" places myself - and even "lack of all color" ha! Which is why I'm keeping it super general. Just be inspired to create something with those warm colors associated with fall :)

Fall is my favorite time of year. The cool weather, the colorful falling leaves and the sound of crunching leaves underfoot as you walk through the woods. I miss the smell of burning leaves from when I was a kid.

Working on my layout today.

Archived