October ATC swap

Boatlady

Well hello and happy October to all of you

For  anyone who completes  at least one each month for the last 6 months of the year, they will get a $5 GC once the December swap is over.  And if someone misses a month then they are not eligible for the $5 GC.
I will make a chart and post it here. If I miss you one month please let me know, I have never done this before so it will be a learning experience.

If you have never created an ATC, these instructions may be helpful: ATC Instructions

Special additional directions from Marilyn: What I do is create a 2.5 x 3.5 inch card at 300 dpi then I either post as is (and it’s big enough to be enlarged and seen) or when posting you can reduce the longest side of your card (the 3.5 inch one) to 600 pixels.

Thank you Marilyn

You may create as many cards as you would like, just please remember to sign and date each card.

Upload them to the Artist Trading Cards - Digital & Hybrid Gallery then email the full resolution copy (750 x 1050 pixels at 300 ppi) to me at  Albin40A@yahoo.com

Your cards are due to me by 10/3018

This month lets use the word -Totally.  I found the quote and thought of my daughter...she gets air sick so traveling is not her favorite thing to do. She flew down to visit 2 years ago and was very sick, this year with some Dramamine she was better, last month flew  to Fl with her husband on  business, still better...she getting ready to fly to England for vacation in June so I try to encourage her. She can totally do it.

I look forward to seeing Totally awesome ATC's this month.

ATC-scorecard-for-$5-GC.jpg

Interesting theme, Debby! Will have to put my thinking cap on.

Your poor daughter I can "totally" relate! Growing up I had to take Dramamine all the time. I'm better now except if I go on boat rides where the water might be very chopping, like in the ocean. One piece of advice, tell her NOT to take the natural Dramamine. It doesn't work! I found out the hard way when we went whale watching in Australia. ?

On 10/3/2018 at 8:57 AM, ladyscrapalot said:

Interesting theme, Debby! Will have to put my thinking cap on.

Your poor daughter I can "totally" relate! Growing up I had to take Dramamine all the time. I'm better now except if I go on boat rides where the water might be very chopping, like in the ocean. One piece of advice, tell her NOT to take the natural Dramamine. It doesn't work! I found out the hard way when we went whale watching in Australia. ?

Oh no you too. She did take the Natural the first time she flew here to visit...good thing the grands are older and independent they took control , dragged her to the luggage area but she was sick the whole day. I felt so bad for her. I will tell her your experience with the natural one.

On 10/6/2018 at 4:58 PM, alsoarty said:

HERE is my second one.

Well I guess you found inspiration and made 2!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...first attempt at ATC...Not sure I posted correctly...how do I give credit to  kits and templates? 

I used EBA – SS – Craft ATC template 4.

I used SDE - The Cold Sea Collection

I took colors from the photo to incorporate into the layout.

The picture was taken by a family friend in Oriental, NC. The sailboat,  Rabid Rabbit now sits squarely on the dock in Oriental Harbor courtesy of Mother Nature via Hurricane Florence and a water surge of 9.7 feet. The owner eventually had to hire two barges in order to lift his boat squarely off the dock. The only damage was a small hole in the hull just below the waterline.

OCT ATC SWAP -TOTALLY-JPEG 72ppi.jpg

7 hours ago, LindaH57 said:

Hi...first attempt at ATC...Not sure I posted correctly...how do I give credit to  kits and templates? 

The picture was taken by a family friend in Oriental, NC. The sailboat,  Rabid Rabbit now sits squarely on the dock in Oriental Harbor courtesy of Mother Nature via Hurricane Florence and a water surge of 9.7 feet. The owner eventually had to hire two barges in order to lift his boat squarely off the dock. The only damage was a small hole in the hull just below the waterline.

First of all you made a great card and I thank you for joining in. All the credits can be attached the normal way as you would for any LO. However your size is a little small for reviewing so here are Marilyn's helpful directions :  What I do is create a 2.5 x 3.5 inch card at 300 dpi then I either post as is (and it’s big enough to be enlarged and seen) or when posting you can reduce the longest side of your card (the 3.5 inch one) to 600 pixels.

Again thanks so much for making a card for this month and I hope to see one for next month.

7 hours ago, LindaH57 said:

That’s such an interesting story, Linda and so sad for the Rabit Rabbit.   I’m glad she didn’t have more damage and hope she can be back in the water again next year.

As Debby said above, I create my ATC with a starting base/background of 2.5 x 3 .5 inches which in your card’s case would be 3.5 x 2.5 inches.   Then I upload without resizing - ATC”s and recipes are usually small enough files to be able to pop right in and post.
Once you drag the ATC into the post, click on the thumbnail you see and to the right there will be a box with another layout thumbnail and under that “Caption” (where you can adjust your title) and “Description”.  
If you click on that box it is where you can type any notes about your layout (like the Rabid Rabbit’s story) and your layout credits.  
(Also, if you want to be sent an email when your layout gets comments, on the left-hand side before you post, click the arrow in the “Notification Settings” and then the “X” on the left next to the “notification” dialogue (that button will turn green).  Then click “save”.)
Once you type your notes in, be sure to click “Save Details” below that box, then click “Submit All Images” and your notes/credits should be posted.
It’s tricky to find in this new Gallery, but once you do, it’s easy.   And, all my instructions sound complicated, sorry - but once you see it all, it’s easy.  But, let us know if you need more help!  :)

Good morning,

Thank you so much for the feedback and guidance on how to post my ATC layout. I went back and deleted the first ATC that I uploaded last night.

I went back to my PSD file and saved it as a JPEG at the original size of 3.5 x 2.5 with a dpi 300. I then uploaded this file to the gallery. 

Thank you again for your help… Please know I really appreciate it!

1 minute ago, LindaH57 said:

Good morning,

Thank you so much for the feedback and guidance on how to post my ATC layout. I went back and deleted the first ATC that I uploaded last night.

I went back to my PSD file and saved it as a JPEG at the original size of 3.5 x 2.5 with a dpi 300. I then uploaded this file to the gallery. 

And don't forget to email Debby a JPEG copy (at full size) so that we can have a copy of your pretty ATC! Her email is: Albin40A@yahoo.com

15 minutes ago, LindaH57 said:

Good morning,

You’re very welcome and you did great, Linda; your ATC looks even more wonderful larger sized!  
Don’t forget to post the supplies you used in your notes, too.   That way they are eligible for the Weekly Layout Winners, if you don’t give credit you can’t win! 
If you ever need to fix or add something, click on your layout, then at the top right click on the gear icon - “Manage Image”.   Click on “Edit Details”.
Fix what you want, then click “Save Image” - voila!  :) 

Hi, I added the credit information when I uploaded the image. When I click on the picture in the gallery the credit information shows up on the bottom but then disappears. What am I doing wrong that you can't see it… I want the designers to be recognized for their products that I used. Hopefully, I'll learn how to do this correctly… I don't post very often. Thank you again!

1 hour ago, LindaH57 said:

Hi, I added the credit information when I uploaded the image. When I click on the picture in the gallery the credit information shows up on the bottom but then disappears. What am I doing wrong that you can't see it… I want the designers to be recognized for their products that I used. Hopefully, I'll learn how to do this correctly… I don't post very often. Thank you again!

I fixed it for you! Next time, just add the credits in with your description. I don't know why they don't show up when you post them in the other spot. Gremlins!

Archived