October 2018 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

Happy October!  Leaves are starting to change colors here in the midwest and we have had some cooler temps and torrential rain.  It's no secret that I love fall.  Fall weather makes me want to stay inside and bake yummy things!

This month's recipe swap theme is Breads, Quick Breads and Rolls.  YUMMM-O

Since it is Anniversary month here at ScrapGirls, we have an extra special special for those who participate this month!!  For each recipe you submit this month (up to 3 total) you will receive a $2 gift certificate for the design shop here at ScrapGirls.  How exciting is that??  At the end of the month your names will be submitted and Angie will send out the certificates.

To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Wednesday, October 31 2018.

• PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!

Remember the following changes for the recipe swap this year:

First, each member who submits a card for each of the first six months will get a $5 gift certificate.  WINNERS POSTED ABOVE!!

Second, each member that does a card for each of the last six months will also get a $5 gift certificate.  

Grand Prize:  At the end of the year, we will draw from everyone who participates all 12 months and they will win a recipe book/binder to put their new recipe cards in AND a $15 store gift certificate!

AND WAIT, there's more!!  Each month there will be a special savings selection at a special price for that month only!!  Since it is Anniversary month here at ScrapGirls, we have an extra special special for those who participate this month!!  For each recipe you submit this month (up to 3 total) you will receive a $2 gift certificate for the design shop here at ScrapGirls.  How exciting is that??  At the end of the month your names will be submitted and Angie will send out the certificates.

*I sometimes struggle with finding new-tried-and-true-never-scrapped-before-recipes because I have been participating in this swap for 10 years! (OH WOW!!)  Occasionally I resubmit a recipe because there are always different people participating that may not have the recipe.  We request that when you resubmit an "oldie but goodie" that you remake the card.  When I do this, I just open the original PSD file and then recreate from there.  It saves me all that typing time.    I love updating my cards using new collections and supplies as the styles and designs change.

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Here’s another - 

Banana Bread

I’m not sure I've interpreted the recipe category correctly, I’ll be switching to more “bread” like now.  

Banana bread is bread in my book! I know Conda isn't strict with the theme, as long as it's a yummy recipe!

54 minutes ago, CRS said:

Banana bread is bread in my book! I know Conda isn't strict with the theme, as long as it's a yummy recipe!

Whew, thanks Carla!   Otherwise those little cooking mice on my card might get sad........     :rofl:

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Whew, thanks Carla!   Otherwise those little cooking mice on my card might get sad........     :rofl:

I'm pretty sure I shared a banana bread recipe one year, too. But my card didn't have cute little mice on it. Definitely don't want them to be sad.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:45 AM, MariJ said:

Here’s another - 

Banana Bread

I’m not sure I've interpreted the recipe category correctly, I’ll be switching to more “bread” like now.  

It's TOTALLY bread!!  I have always considered this type "quick bread" and they are always supper yummy!!  I am going to share a muffin recipe...

44 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

It's TOTALLY bread!!  I have always considered this type "quick bread" and they are always supper yummy!!  I am going to share a muffin recipe...

Whew, thanks Conda!
So, you know when you just can’t catch a break?  I bought bananas over a week ago to try the banana bread recipe and left the last two to go brown.  You know how normally they go brown WAY before you want them to?  Yesterday, both of them were still fairly yellow.  Yes, “both” because I didn’t realize I needed 4-5 bananas, not 2.   So, strike 2...   I decide, ok I’ll try half a recipe and go right now to make it and there’s only ONE banana!   Are you kidding me?  Turns out someone in the house who normally doesn’t even go there ate one..   Grrrrr., strike 3.  So, now I put together a full recipe with the one banana, some chopped apple and applesauce and some walnut “flour” from the bottom of the can because there were barely any walnuts left either....  Oh, well....... 

On 10/13/2018 at 9:49 AM, SodScrap said:

I have a mini muffin recipe that I can share....the girls love it for breakfast on the go!

23 hours ago, MariJ said:

Whew, thanks Conda!
So, you know when you just can’t catch a break?  I bought bananas over a week ago to try the banana bread recipe and left the last two to go brown.  You know how normally they go brown WAY before you want them to?  Yesterday, both of them were still fairly yellow.  Yes, “both” because I didn’t realize I needed 4-5 bananas, not 2.   So, strike 2...   I decide, ok I’ll try half a recipe and go right now to make it and there’s only ONE banana!   Are you kidding me?  Turns out someone in the house who normally doesn’t even go there ate one..   Grrrrr., strike 3.  So, now I put together a full recipe with the one banana, some chopped apple and applesauce and some walnut “flour” from the bottom of the can because there were barely any walnuts left either....  Oh, well....... 

But if you wanted someone to eat the bananas....they would sit there for a month!

14 minutes ago, CRS said:

But if you wanted someone to eat the bananas....they would sit there for a month!

EXACTLY!   :) 

And if I wanted them to stay firm and yellow as I like them to eat - they would have turned brown immediately!

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

EXACTLY!   :) 

And if I wanted them to stay firm and yellow as I like them to eat - they would have turned brown immediately!

That's how dh and I like them, too. The girls like them green....yuck!

22 minutes ago, gailsusan said:

Help! I don't know how to post a link to the recipe I just put in the gallery:)

Click on the recipe card itself, then copy the link up above.

You can add just the link here, or  add the recipe name then  click on the "link" button next to the font options up above and then paste it in there.

I hope that makes sense!

On 10/19/2018 at 2:04 PM, Becster said:

Click on the recipe card itself, then copy the link up above.

You can add just the link here, or  add the recipe name then  click on the "link" button next to the font options up above and then paste it in there.

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks Becky!  I was out of town (without internet...gasp!)

On 10/19/2018 at 2:22 PM, gailsusan said:

Thank you, Becster for your help.  I hope I got it right!

Here is my recipe, Banana Bread

Looks fantastic!

1 minute ago, MariJ said:

I’m hoping to do at least one more, Anniversary partying got me sidetracked, but there’s still plenty of time! 

Lots of time!  I have a recipe (or two) I still want to try!

Archived