Wow...14 years

Wow...14 years, I can't believe Scrap Girls is that old.  I remember first visiting here when my boys were about 3.

So this got me thinking how long have you been around Scrap Girls?  I joined the message board in 2005, less than a year after they opened up  

I joined when I first started digital scrapbooking in 2008. I think this was the second forum I joined. The first being an Australian one. It was here that I really started to learn how to use my then PSE6 as everyone here was to helpful. 

I joined November 2007, so that makes it almost 11 years that I've been with SG. I've had plenty of fun and met some nice scrappers along the way. Went to two east coast weekend meets in 2009 and 2010. They were held in Pennsylvania.

2010 for me, I first bought products, then signed up for classes and you had to join the forum.  I was so nervous about that!   But, as we know I found the nicest, kindest and helpful bunch of people I’ve ever seen...  And, I’ve become one of the chattiest!    

I joined in 2008! I can still remember that I found SG by doing a search for an image for a poster I had to do for church, and found one from Brandy - purchased the kit, joined, and here I am! So it's my 10th anniversary. I had no grand children and Bryce was not married yet. I held a digital crop in South Africa that year. I was doing labels for my sisters soap and loofah company so I learned Illustrator first, and hated PS. Now I love PS and have to learn Illustrator again. I love my scrapgirls.

I joined in 2010. At first it was just for the freebies. At first I was just looking for any and all the freebies I could find. My husband had photoshop for his work so I self taught myself. As time when on I bought a few things from Scrap Girls. It’s the only place I get my supplies now. I’ve gotten rid of the majority of the freebies I had found out n those early years. The quality just wasn’t there. Scrap Girls is the best place by far for supplies, support, encouragement, kindness and fellowship. Love Ya Scrap Girls!!! Here’s to many more years!!

Another old timer here, 2006 is when I found SG. I was with digital Scrapper and I think something was mentioned on there so I went hunting and found SG.  Have really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere here. Angie you have carried on all through this time and now you are the owner, well done to you and a big happy birthday to you and the team?:happy-birthday:

I wandered around the site several times in 2007 when I first discovered digiscrapping was a thing, but didn't join the forum until 2008 - and that was under a different ID (DoodleSprite, I think).   I was on and off for a while, trying to learn Photoshop.  In 2010 I decided to make more of an effort to learn, but had forgotten my logon info, so I made this account (oops).  

Hi everyone and Happy Birthday/Anniversary  :happy-birthday: to SG!

It is hard to believe that it was 12 years ago that I saw an article about digital scrapping in a magazine rack at the checkout in my local BJ's. The craft magazine was at my eye level... which would be about waist level for able-bodied individuals...LOL! I asked my mom to pull the magazine for me and off I went home with it to see what this new craze was all about. As some of you are aware, I am a quadriplegic as a result of a car accident back in 1979. It means I'm paralyzed from the chest down and don't have use of my hands, arms or legs. Anyway, back to the story… I was already doing paper scrapping in my free time away from school and work with the help of my friends and family. My friends and family meant well but I was finding paper scrapping frustrating because I couldn't put my items where I wanted them to go. I'm sure we've all been there were you place an item - take a look at it and realize no I don't think that will work. It was difficult to remove items without damaging the page we were working on. The other problem was how much "stuff" was accumulating in my office and it was beginning to look like a used papers scrapping supply store. When I saw the article about digital scrapping I was intrigued! Imagine my surprise when SG was listed as one of the best Digital Scrapbook Website to go to for products but also for tutorials and outstanding customer support. Well, my mom and I got our coffee cups and I booted up my desktop to check out SG. All I can say is that I felt like a little kid who was let loose in a candy store! My head began to spin and I realized this was the way to go. I saw SG had some freebies and I placed the free kit and checked out. The first person that I had contact with via a request for help was no other than our current owner Angie! Angie, if you are reading this you have no idea how much I appreciate you for all your tireless correspondence with me over the years. Whether it was for an order clarification, a question about a particular task I was trying to accomplish and couldn't because of the limitations I have using a mouth-stick to type one letter at a time (same limitation when using PSE 2018). You have always treated me with the utmost respect and even when I thought I had asked the dumbest question you were there to reassure me that my question had merit. Nothing made me happier then when I saw the news that you were now the owner of SG!! You were the reason back in 2006 that SG became my digital scrapping site for products, tutorials and let us not forget the totally Fun Experiences via the challenges, games, special events, chats, exchanges. None of this would be possible without the tremendous Ladies (am I being sexist here? Are there males here too? If so, please accept my apology as I don't wish to offend anyone) and Designers who have also offered support, suggestions, guidance and friendship during the last 12 years!

Thank you each and every one of you for you may not have realized you have made me a better person and scrapper!!

So, Kudos to SG and I wish  you another 14 years as being the top website for all one's scrapping needs. 

52 minutes ago, LindaH57 said:

It is hard to believe that it was 12 years ago that I saw an article about digital scrapping in a magazine rack at the checkout in my local BJ's. The craft magazine was at my eye level... which would be about waist level for able-bodied individuals...LOL! I asked my mom to pull the magazine for me and off I went home with it to see what this new craze was all about. As some of you are aware, I am a quadriplegic as a result of a car accident back in 1979. It means I'm paralyzed from the chest down and don't have use of my hands, arms or legs. Anyway, back to the story… I was already doing paper scrapping in my free time away from school and work with the help of my friends and family. My friends and family meant well but I was finding paper scrapping frustrating because I couldn't put my items where I wanted them to go. I'm sure we've all been there were you place an item - take a look at it and realize no I don't think that will work. It was difficult to remove items without damaging the page we were working on. The other problem was how much "stuff" was accumulating in my office and it was beginning to look like a used papers scrapping supply store. When I saw the article about digital scrapping I was intrigued! Imagine my surprise when SG was listed as one of the best Digital Scrapbook Website to go to for products but also for tutorials and outstanding customer support. Well, my mom and I got our coffee cups and I booted up my desktop to check out SG. All I can say is that I felt like a little kid who was let loose in a candy store! My head began to spin and I realized this was the way to go. I saw SG had some freebies and I placed the free kit and checked out. The first person that I had contact with via a request for help was no other than our current owner Angie! Angie, if you are reading this you have no idea how much I appreciate you for all your tireless correspondence with me over the years. Whether it was for an order clarification, a question about a particular task I was trying to accomplish and couldn't because of the limitations I have using a mouth-stick to type one letter at a time (same limitation when using PSE 2018). You have always treated me with the utmost respect and even when I thought I had asked the dumbest question you were there to reassure me that my question had merit. Nothing made me happier then when I saw the news that you were now the owner of SG!! You were the reason back in 2006 that SG became my digital scrapping site for products, tutorials and let us not forget the totally Fun Experiences via the challenges, games, special events, chats, exchanges. None of this would be possible without the tremendous Ladies (am I being sexist here? Are there males here too? If so, please accept my apology as I don't wish to offend anyone) and Designers who have also offered support, suggestions, guidance and friendship during the last 12 years!

Thank you each and every one of you for you may not have realized you have made me a better person and scrapper!!

So, Kudos to SG and I wish  you another 14 years as being the top website for all one's scrapping needs. 

What a heart warming story Linda thank you for sharing it with us.

I joined in 2010. I had no idea digital scrapbooking even existed until a few months before. Having tired of the meagre resources that PSE gave me I went hunting on the internet. SG was the first site that caught my attention and here I have stayed.

Thank you SG for giving me hours of productive fun. I have hundreds of photos and stories recorded for the whole family to enjoy for years to come. None of this would have been possible without you.

3 hours ago, LindaH57 said:

Aww...Linda thank you so much!!

4 hours ago, LindaH57 said:

Hey Linda, so nice to see you here and read your story about finding SG!   I remember Jody and I having such fun with you during our chats, I hope to see you this weekend again.   Your story is remarkable, I remember you telling us some of it but seeing it all together is amazing and is such a great description of the SG atmosphere and experience. Thanks for taking the time to write it all out and share.     Marilyn  :) 

I joined in April 2007 after finding an ad for SG in a Digital Scrapbooking Magazine.  I was immediately hooked! I love my SG! Thank you Angie for all you do -for all the designers do! and the Welcoming Committee! and the CT!  Everyone works so well together for a safe, creative community! Can't imagine being without it.

Archived