2019 Hybrid ATC Calendar Swap

CRS

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

You do know this calls for a trip to Hobby Lobby. It’s going to be such an imposition, but hey, it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make. ? ?

You are so courageous, Kelly.  :D   Sure wish I had a Hobby Lobby near me!

11 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

You do know this calls for a trip to Hobby Lobby. It’s going to be such an imposition, but hey, it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make. ? ?

Way to take one for the team, Kelly! I know it's a hardship, but you are a tough scrapper!

27 minutes ago, CRS said:

Mine are printed and cut, just need to embellish. I'm making a trip to Hobby Lobby tomorrow, sacrificing like Kelly did, lol!

Oh NOooooooo..   This is where I usually stop reading this thread as I’m still deciding on my idea and keep reminding myself that I still have 3 more weeks before sending to get there by the 30th!   But, I think I almost have my idea firmed up.   Sure wish I could visit Hobby Lobby with you, Carla - none by here.  :( 

19 hours ago, AnnBK said:

Multitasking here.....on hold (speaker phone) with cable company and got my cards designed and ready to print and bling!  Yes, it's taking that long.?

I hate contacting the cable company for any reason...glad you got to work on your cards while waiting though!

Well phooey, outta colored ink for the printer. I think I happy with my design for December but need to do a test run. Have an idea for what I want to do for January but had to order something from Amazon because I'm too lazy to go to Hobby Lobby lol! Now I have to get ink but that will have to wait as well.

17 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Well phooey, outta colored ink for the printer. I think I happy with my design for December but need to do a test run. Have an idea for what I want to do for January but had to order something from Amazon because I'm too lazy to go to Hobby Lobby lol! Now I have to get ink but that will have to wait as well.

It always seems that my printer runs out of ink just when I need it most! I use HP inks, and they have next day shipping free, so I never have to wait too long. But when my mojo is going, I hate being interrupted!

Mine are done, blinged and ready for swapping!

I finished mine and this morning got them all ready to bring to Staples and print.   Whew.....   I’ve been at my friend’s house sitting Shiva with them for her Mom so I was able to do some in between.   At least I feel I’ve gotten someplace;  now off to Staples in the rain.....   ?️

Our internet is out at the house so I came to our Starbucks to check emails and stuff. I guess I’ll get ink while I’m out. Although I know it’s not as cold as y’all in the north, it’s brutally cold here. Wind chills in the teens. Great day to stay inside. I just hope our internet comes back asap. ?

5 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Our internet is out at the house so I came to our Starbucks to check emails and stuff. I guess I’ll get ink while I’m out. Although I know it’s not as cold as y’all in the north, it’s brutally cold here. Wind chills in the teens. Great day to stay inside. I just hope our internet comes back asap. ?

Oh gosh we’ve been having those kinds of days too and it came too fast!   Cold freezing temps and chilly winds and today it’s rainy and damp so it feels worse.   Wish we could travel to warmer places, kelly!

I went to Staples to print and somehow all my documents were not on the drive so I had to go twice.   Luckily it’s close and I’ all set to start cutting.

We have a winter advisory in effect for tonight into tomorrow. Just finished walking and still thawing out. Buddy loves this weather (He's from Buffalo, NY after all) but I'm definitely not amused by the weather.

7 hours ago, CRS said:

We have a winter advisory in effect for tonight into tomorrow. Just finished walking and still thawing out. Buddy loves this weather (He's from Buffalo, NY after all) but I'm definitely not amused by the weather.

We’re expecting that tomorrow into Friday, yuck.  It was so cold today even with sun.   I laughed at Buddy being from Buffalo and not being amused is a nice way to put it.
I finally took apart my Fairy Garden today since the fairies have moved out.   There were so many leaves on it all I had to take them off by hand and I was FREEZING by the time I came in, even with two pairs of sweatpants on!   :winter_brr:

8 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Stay warm, Carla & Marilyn!! We are going back up to the upper 60s this weekend.

Have December printed and ready to bling. Will start January this weekend. Hoping to be ready to mail by mid-week.

Thanks Kelly - right now in the middle of a huge snowstorm.   Last I went out a few hours ago it was more than EIGHT inches and still snowing furiously.   The street I’m on is a state road and the plows have been no where to be seen so there are cars stuck, abandoned, sideways, etc all over the road and big hill.  The 3 main roads  have been closed.  I shoveled one step - the snow is great for snowballs, but heavy and wet.  Not pleased here...  :(  

And wow - I kept saying I didn’t hear schoolbuses and now I heard it’s because they couldn’t get through with the snow, so kids are either still kept in schools or in buses on the road because the buses can’t move.    I can’t believe it’s this awful - none of it was predicted.   Now they are calling it a N’or Easter.

Second straight day with no school. We had an ice storm Wednesday night and snow last night. Not much snow, but with the ice and people still without power, they cancelled it. It's way too early for snow days....

Stay safe Marilyn!

19 hours ago, CRS said:

Second straight day with no school. We had an ice storm Wednesday night and snow last night. Not much snow, but with the ice and people still without power, they cancelled it. It's way too early for snow days....

Stay safe Marilyn!

Well, it ended up being the worst snowstorm I’ve seen here in over 40 years - mostly because of the gridlocked cars and plows and salters not being able to get through and clear the roads.  Streets were totally stopped up with cars - sideways, backwards, abandoned, stuck or just plain sitting waiting to ‘move’ and motorists were walking on roads trying to get home.   My neighbor who’s a teacher left school at 3pm with her 1-year-old in the car and arrived home at midnight and that was not an unusual story.  Highways and roads were actually closed but those on them couldn’t move anyway...    Students in my town spent hours stuck on schoolbuses and were then transported to safe firehouses, etc and even a diner who provided food for them all!   Our big Middle School kept students overnight - raided the cafeteria, turned the auditorium into a movie theatre, the gym into a basketball game, gym mats into sleeping mats and had game rooms around the school.  They were the lead story for NBC's “Today” show on Friday and apparently are quite famous for their adventure!   
The gridlock of cars went on past 3am and morning brought a snowplow truck entrenched on my lawn and hundreds of abandoned cars up and down all the streets!    Luckily I didn’t lose power and Friday’s 40º weather and sun melted some of it.    But way too early for sure!   ?

Archived