2019 Hybrid ATC Calendar Swap

CRS

16 hours ago, MariJ said:

Well, it ended up being the worst snowstorm I’ve seen here in over 40 years - mostly because of the gridlocked cars and plows and salters not being able to get through and clear the roads.  Streets were totally stopped up with cars - sideways, backwards, abandoned, stuck or just plain sitting waiting to ‘move’ and motorists were walking on roads trying to get home.   My neighbor who’s a teacher left school at 3pm with her 1-year-old in the car and arrived home at midnight and that was not an unusual story.  Highways and roads were actually closed but those on them couldn’t move anyway...    Students in my town spent hours stuck on schoolbuses and were then transported to safe firehouses, etc and even a diner who provided food for them all!   Our big Middle School kept students overnight - raided the cafeteria, turned the auditorium into a movie theatre, the gym into a basketball game, gym mats into sleeping mats and had game rooms around the school.  They were the lead story for NBC's “Today” show on Friday and apparently are quite famous for their adventure!   
The gridlock of cars went on past 3am and morning brought a snowplow truck entrenched on my lawn and hundreds of abandoned cars up and down all the streets!    Luckily I didn’t lose power and Friday’s 40º weather and sun melted some of it.    But way too early for sure!   ?

Marilyn, I read the news story about the kids who had to stay overnight at school.  Wow!  

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's talk about Bases for a minute...does anyone (besides Linda who is new to the swap) need a new base for the rings? (you can see the base in the link in the first post). Or would you rather use a little easel or plate stand and not have holes punched in your cards?

I personally use a little plate stand for mine now instead of the base. It's just easier for me.

I have a base, I don't need one.  I'm thinking of transitioning to a plate stand or little easel, though, too.  Might put that on my Christmas list for DH to get for me.

I'm working on my ATC right now.  Last minute, I know, but I've had the idea in my head for a while.  I might not even need to go shopping for supplies, maybe I have everything I need already.  That would be unheard of!

I don’t need a base either and you don’t have to punch holes in mine.  I ended up standing them against the base last year, the only problem with that was I kept forgetting to go get the next month!   I still don’t like this format, but I can’t figure out something I like better.    

Mine are just about ready, just blinging, I should be mailing them out Monday or Tuesday.  

Ohhhhhh.. .  Poor Mikelle I think you should be able to go shopping anyway! 

20 hours ago, Mikelle said:

LOL, I have to get elf fodder too, so I might go to Michaels anyway.  The elves show up day after Thanksgiving!

My ATC's are printed and ready to bling!  Going to play with Laura for a bit first.

Heehee, elf fodder - I love your elf layouts, hope we get to see what they are up to this year!  :) 

23 minutes ago, Ngaire said:

I do hope that we get a show and tell when all of these are done. ?

I used to post mine Ngaire but I always forget to do that.    Hopefully we’ll all post and sometimes Lei makes a video (hint, hint... )  :) 

15 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I think DH sent mine off today.  They at least disappeared off my desk!

I got a notice saying to expect delivery for a package from San Antonio, so I'm going to guess he sent them, lol!

I'm going out of town Friday until Sunday so if cards arrive during that time, I'll let you know when I get back on Sunday.

8 hours ago, CRS said:

I got a notice saying to expect delivery for a package from San Antonio, so I'm going to guess he sent them, lol!

I'm going out of town Friday until Sunday so if cards arrive during that time, I'll let you know when I get back on Sunday.

Yay, good!  I finally asked him, and he said he did send them.  ?

17 hours ago, Mikelle said:

And they arrived at my doorstep just now! I love living here because things always arrive faster than they say the will, lol! And March is so pretty!!

21 minutes ago, CRS said:

And they arrived at my doorstep just now! I love living here because things always arrive faster than they say the will, lol! And March is so pretty!!

18 hours ago, Mikelle said:

Oh, Yay!  We are getting there and I’m glad to hear March arrived since it’s my birthday month.  It’s yours too, isn’t it Mikelle if I remember correctly?

Now hoping mine get there quickly too!   :) 

40 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Oh, Yay!  We are getting there and I’m glad to hear March arrived since it’s my birthday month.  It’s yours too, isn’t it Mikelle if I remember correctly?

Now hoping mine get there quickly too!   :) 

Ha, yes, it is my birthday month too, and so you'll totally get where I got the inspiration for my ATC once you get your set!  :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, MariJ said:

I’m getting excited now to see them!  I remember last year I came home from foot surgery and there they were waiting for me, such a nice surprise and sure made me smile.  :D

I'm getting excited for you all to see them!

Archived