Create Your Own Anniversary Cake Chat & Challenge 8AM ET SATURDAY 10/20/18

What better way to celebrate ScrapGirls’ 14th Anniversary then with scrapping and a custom made cake!    ?

Ready to bake your own cake?  For tomorrow’s Create Your Own Anniversary Cake Chat you will need to make your own so check out the ScrapGirls Anniversary Cake recipes below and pick your preferred ingredients now.
Then join Marilyn (MariJ) on
Saturday, October 20th, 2018 at 8 a.m. ET in the chat room to find out what your choices will mean for your layout requirements.   Don’t worry, your host will explain, we’ll chat, have fun and get a layout started or maybe even finished.  There will even be a chat freebie given out!

From the list below, please pick items to create your cake and post your choices here in this thread.    Each category will tell you how many items you should choose.

Don’t forget to come back and chat with us tomorrow Saturday October 20th to find out what your ingredients mean for your layout; the list will also be updated during the chat in this thread.

Lots of fun, please come join us!  :) 

After the chat, please post your completed page in the ScrapGirls 14th Anniversary Celebration Gallery.   
I can’t wait to see your cake!

*** THANKS to all who attended the chat - the list below has been updated so you can bake your cake!  :D 

Here’s my layout - Autumn Leaves

Build-An Anniversary Cake Ingredients Recipe  
*** Dont forget to post your choice ingredients in the thread below and come back to chat tomorrow!   :) 

Cake Flavor  -  Pick 1 (Photos)
Devils Food Chocolate                                  (2 photos)
Lemon                                                           (black and white photo(s) - your choice how many)
French Vanilla                                               (1 photo)
Cookies and Cream                                       (5 photos)
Champagne                                                   (3 photos - alter one to sepia or BW or use a filter)

Icing - Pick 1  (Paper)
Chocolate Fudge                                            (blend 3 papers)
Cream Cheese                                               (1 floral and two plain papers)
Vanilla Butter Cream                                      (2 patterned and 1 plain paper)
Whipped Cream                                             (3 different colors of plain paper)
White Chocolate Ganache                               (color a ScrapSimple paper template)

Icing decorations - Pick 3 (Embellishments)
Sprinkles                                                         (include a tag or journal card)
Fresh Flowers                                                  (use a frame and a heart)
Fruit                                                               (use 3 buttons)
14 Candles                                                      (create or use a cluster)
Fondant Flowers                                              (include a flower on your page)
Coconut                                                          (use 3 embellishments of your choice)
“Happy Anniversary” Writing                             (use a template - can be embellishment, layout, alpha, paper or word art)
Chopped Nuts                                                 (use an alpha)
Cookie Crumbs                                                (include a bow or ribbon)
Sparklers                                                         (include some scatter, graffiti, accent or splatter)

Frosting/Decoration Color - Pick 1
Purple                                                             (use a style)
Pink                                                                 (include turquoise or purple on your page)
Turquoise                                                        (use a brush)
Silver                                                               (use a ScrapSimple item on your page)
Gold                                                                (use a blending mode)

Cake Filling - Pick 1 (Journaling) 
Tangy Raspberry                                              (1 line of journaling and a title)
Bananas                                                          (5 lines of journaling)
Bavarian Cream                                               (use two different fonts)
Chocolate Mousse                                            (3 lines of journaling)
Peaches and Pineapple                                     (use word art)

Cake Layers - Pick 1
3 Tiered                                                           (add one more ingredient of your choice to your layout)
Large Sheet Cake                                              (add a circular embellishment)
Cupcakes                                                         (free pass - change one of your chosen ingredient/requirements to one more to your liking!)   

I can't make the chat, but I will play along when I can!

I'll have:

devil's food
vanilla butter cream
14 candles
Happy Ann. writing
fresh flowers
turquoise
chocolate mousse
3 tiers

Now I want cake for breakfast!

Heehee, Carla...  I was rushing to get this posted this morning and I forgot to post my own ingredients!

Here’s my Anniversary Cake ingredients.   I am going to use:

Cake Flavor - French Vanilla
Icing - Chocolate Fudge
Icing Decorations - Fruit, “Happy Anniversary” writing, Sparklers
Frosting/Decoration Color: Purple

Cake Filling: Peaches and Pineapple
Cake Layers:  3 tiered

I'm not sure I can make the chat but here are my ingredients:

Flavor: French Vanilla
Icing: White Chocolate Ganache (doesn't that sound rich and yummy? :) )
Icing Decorations: Coconut;
Frosting Decoration Color: Gold;
Cake Filling: Tangy Raspberry;
Cake Layers: 3-tiered.

This is going to be one fancy cake!! :D 

Here's mine:

French vanilla - One photo

Vanilla Butter Cream - One Floral and two plain papers

Fresh Flowers (Frame and a heart), Fruit (3 buttons), and Chopped Nuts (Alpha) 

Pink - Turquoise or purple on layout

Tangy Raspberry - one line of journaling and a title

3 Tiered - Element of choice (Brad)

Fall

I'll try to play!

Cake Flavor  -  Pick 1                                           
Cookies and Cream                                   

Icing - Pick 1                                           
White Chocolate Ganache                            

Icing decorations - Pick 3                                                
Fresh Flowers                                                                          
Cookie Crumbs                                              
Sparklers                                                       

Frosting/Decoration Color - Pick 1                                                                
Turquoise                                                                                                          

Cake Filling - Pick 1                                     
Chocolate Mousse                                                                                                                                            

Cake Layers - Pick 1 
3 Tiered                                                        

I just hope this works with my style lol.

I 'm afraid I wont be at the chat as its 1am here in Auckland :( and its not my usual waking time but you never know :) 

Flavour: Lemon

Icing: White Chocolate Ganache    

Icing decorations: Coconut, fresh flowers, sparklers 

Frosting colour: Gold

Cake filling: Peaches and Pineapple 

Cake layers: 3 Tiered  

50 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I 'm afraid I wont be at the chat as its 1am here in Auckland :( and its not my usual waking time but you never know :) 

I hope for your sake you’ll be sleeping Jane but if you’re awake, come join us!  :) 

Here are my choices:

CAKE FLAVOR:
French Vanilla

ICING:
Whipped cream

ICING DECORATIONS:
Fresh Flowers
Coconut
Chopped Nuts

FROSTING/DECORATION COLOR:
Turquoise

CAKE FILLING:
Bavarian cream

CAKE LAYER:
Large sheet cake

I hope it’ll be a good one, with all those flavors, hope they work together. Lol

1 hour ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I need to re-look my list, I think I’m missing something. I hope you’re sleeping, but at the same time I wish you could be in the chat room :)

Yummy choices ladies.

I'm going to use-

Cake- French Vanilla

Icing-Whipped Cream

Icing Decorations- Fruit, Cookie Crumbs and 14 candles

Frosting Color-Turquoise

Cake Filling-Tangy Raspberry

Cake Layers- 3 Tiered

What fun I am looking forward to baking tomorrow. See you at the chat.

Not sure if I can make the chat or not but here are my choices.

Devil's Food Chocolate

Chocolate Fudge

"Happy Anniversary" Writing, Chopped Nuts and Sparklers

Turquoise

Chocolate Mousse

3 Tiered

Do you see a pattern here?  CHOCOLATE!!!!  Anything and everything chocolate!!

Hi, I plan on stopping in but I don't think my new software is going to allow me to speak my text into the chat room. The chat room moves so fast that I can't see what's being said and still try to text in a timely manner before the screen scrolls away from me. So, if you see me in the chat and I don't respond quickly please understand I'm not ignoring anyone, I'll just be trying to catch up. Thank you for understanding.

And now for my choices for the first order of Cupcakes... Thinking of my great-nephew's and great-niece!

CAKE FLAVOR: 
Cookies and Cream

ICING:
Chocolate Fudge

ICING DECORATIONS:
Sprinkles
Sparklers
Coconut

Turquoise

CAKE FILLING:
Bananas

CAKE LAYER:
Cupcakes

Hopefully I will remember to be there here are my ingredients.

Lemon
White Chocolate Ganache
Sprinkles
Fondant Flowers
Sparklers
Silver
Bavarian Cream 
Cupcakes

4 hours ago, LindaH57 said:

Hi, I plan on stopping in but I don't think my new software is going to allow me to speak my text into the chat room. The chat room moves so fast that I can't see what's being said and still try to text in a timely manner before the screen scrolls away from me. So, if you see me in the chat and I don't respond quickly please understand I'm not ignoring anyone, I'll just be trying to catch up. Thank you for understanding.

And now for my choices for the first order of Cupcakes... Thinking of my great-nephew's and great-niece!

CAKE FLAVOR: 
Cookies and Cream

ICING:
Chocolate Fudge

ICING DECORATIONS:
Sprinkles
Sparklers
Coconut

Turquoise

CAKE FILLING:
Bananas

CAKE LAYER:
Cupcakes

It’s ok Linda we’ll just be happy you are there!   We’ll keep an extra watch for you and if you get lost and need an answer just yell, “HELP!!!”.   :D

Thank you Marilyn for the fun chat and great build a cake challenge, it was very creative as usual.Here is my cake

Here's my layout: Beautiful Dreamer

Cake Flavor (Pick 1) Cookies and Cream 5 photos                                          
Icing (Pick 1)   White Chocolate Ganache   Color a scrap simple paper template (BMU Blenders)                                        
Icing decorations - Pick 3:                                                
Fresh Flowers (a frame and a heart:strokes and heart charm)                                                                     
Cookie Crumbs (bow or ribbon: ribbon)                                             
Sparklers(
scatter, graffiti, accent or splatter: pearl bead scatter)                                                   

Frosting/Decoration Color (Pick 1) Turquoise: Use a brush: butterfly brush                                                             

Cake Filling (Pick 1) Chocolate Mousse: 3 lines of journaling                                     
Cake Layers (3 Tiered) Add one or more ingredient: flowers, title and staple        

Archived