Blind Scrap (6 pm chat)

Here are the steps. I am sorry I had so much trouble in the chat room.

1.       Start with base paper (12x12)

2.       Add a 3x12 inch piece of paper at the right hand edge

3.       Add a 2x5 inch piece of paper and angle it toward the left. It should touch the bottom and right hand corner of the page.

4.       Add 4 strips of paper 1x6 inch each. Stack each pair and angle them to come to a V at the middle. (You can stretch them to meet or leave a space which will be covered with a cluster.)

5.       Add a 4.25 inch square photo.

6.       Add a frame or stroke to the photo.

7.       Add 2 journal cards or ephemera at the bottom of the stack. One should be in line with but behind the photo and show about 1.25 inches. The other should show about 3 inches below the photo but be angled to the left.

8.       Add some brush work on your base behind the journal card or ephemera.

9.       Create 1 cluster at the left hand edge of the page about ¾ inch down from the top. It should touch the edge of the page and be about 2 inches wide and 3-4 inches long. Add some brush work behind this cluster also.

10.   Add 3 additional clusters, 2 behind the photo and one in front where the paper strips meet at the V making sure to cover up any empty space.

11.   Add a large title or word art toward the left of the page, about ½ inch from the left edge and 1 inch from the bottom. Include a bit of journaling if you like.

Post your completed layout in the Anniversary Gallery here: http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/category/405-scrapgirls-14th-anniversary-celebration-gallery/

Thanks to everyone for participating. I will watch this thread for questions. As I mentioned I won't post my layout until tomorrow so you can try to figure it out based on the steps. I can't wait to see the results and how different the layouts look.

Thanks again!!!

Wow, what a challenge I gave it a shot with Hand Bubbles

I did have some trouble figuring out what you meant but this is what I interpreted to be.

Thanks Bea for the very unusual challenge.

5 hours ago, beatricemi said:

I'd love to see any and all pages. It is a fun challenge and hopefully not too stressful.

I’m still trying, but so far not doing very well!  I’ve never cut strips or blocks so that’s the start of my befuddlement..  I may have to give up before the 15th Anniversary celebration.   ;) 

59 minutes ago, beatricemi said:

? Well do not stress. I can help you with instructions if you use photoshop elements but only if you are interested.

Thanks!  I still want to keep trying, I do use PSE and I will look at it all again later tonight when I’m settled, thanks Bea.
This is SO out of my comfort zone and knowledge, I’m used to blending and soft edges!  :) 

5 hours ago, beatricemi said:

And that is so out of my comfort zone lol. We do all have different styles. That's the great thing about digital! It is fun to try new things.

I was thinking the same thing, that we are so polar opposites in scrapping, that’s why I was willing to try!  

On 10/23/2018 at 4:33 AM, MariJ said:

I’m still trying, but so far not doing very well!  I’ve never cut strips or blocks so that’s the start of my befuddlement..  I may have to give up before the 15th Anniversary celebration.   ;) 

Marilyn,  you might find this Youtube helpful.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB9SdZ1wWlY

Archived