November 2018 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

• ? Happy November, Y'all!  ?
  • This month's recipe swap theme is HOLIDAY FAVORITES.  Any holiday.  Any favorite.  
  • Don't miss Ginny's special savings selection We Gather Together available in the design shop this month for $1.99.  

To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Friday, November 30, 2018.

• PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!

Remember the following changes for the recipe swap this year:

First, each member who submits a card for each of the first six months will get a $5 gift certificate.  WINNERS POSTED ABOVE!!

Second, each member that does a card for each of the last six months will also get a $5 gift certificate.  

Grand Prize:  At the end of the year, we will draw from everyone who participates all 12 months and they will win a recipe book/binder to put their new recipe cards in AND a $15 store gift certificate!

AND WAIT, there's more!!  Each month there will be a special savings selection at a special price for that month only!!  Don't miss Ginny's special savings selection We Gather Together available in the design shop this month for $1.99.  

*I sometimes struggle with finding new-tried-and-true-never-scrapped-before-recipes because I have been participating in this swap for 10 years! (OH WOW!!)  Occasionally I resubmit a recipe because there are always different people participating that may not have the recipe.  We request that when you resubmit an "oldie but goodie" that you remake the card.  When I do this, I just open the original PSD file and then recreate from there.  It saves me all that typing time.    I love updating my cards using new collections and supplies as the styles and designs change.

Gorgeous selection Ginny!

Putting my thinking cap on...I'll have to see what I've scrapped recently or what I need to scrap that I haven't yet. I went grocery shopping today and Walmart and the Commissary (on Ft. Knox) have all the baking stuff in the main aisle and displays.

Here is my Christmas Cake recipe that a friend gave me years ago. Its so moist and I love to add a good amount of brandy to get the best taste :) Mine is in the oven now and the house is filled with its aroma. I give some away and freeze some for our mid-winter Christmas dinner in June/July. You can ice it anyway you like or even top in with nuts & glaze :) 

Jenny's Christmas Cake.

Recipes are looking yummy.  I remade some holiday favorite recipe cards and one new one.  I decided that what was requested I bring to Thanksgiving could be considered holiday favorites! 

Remember, you have until Friday night midnight the 30th.

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

I’ve been trying to get another one done for the past week and can’t get to it.   But still trying!  I made a pumpkin spice cake that started with a cake mix and everyone loved it! 

Sounds delicious.  Reminds me that I meant to upload my recipes tonight...but I don't think I'm going to get to it!

2 hours ago, scrapgran said:

Hi Conda. I will be away from my computer until 14 December so won’t be able to download the file until after that. We are having a fantastic time. Currently I am on a Mekong River cruise & we are docked in Phnom Penh.

It’s good to hear from you Laraine and your trip sounds awesome!

On 11/27/2018 at 9:31 AM, scrapgran said:

Hi Conda. I will be away from my computer until 14 December so won’t be able to download the file until after that. We are having a fantastic time. Currently I am on a Mekong River cruise & we are docked in Phnom Penh.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!  Send me an e-mail when you get back home and I will send the link again.  

30 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Ok, each early morning and evening I say “I’m going to do that recipe card” and I keep getting distracted.
Hopefully tonight for sure!  :) 

I understand this feeling!  i won't be home tonight...so NOT tonight for me.  :D

2 hours ago, SodScrap said:

I understand this feeling!  i won't be home tonight...so NOT tonight for me.  :D

I have already been both distracted or interrupted 5 times and have told myself I’m not allowed to go to bed until it’s finished!  ?

HAHA,  we’ll see!  At least I DO have PSE open, the photos in and the blank card opened.... Progress!   :rofl:

I got mine. Thanks Conda!

I couldn't get anything to work correctly this month, and finally realized today that I have been "out of it" a few days or a week.I had a fall a about a week ago (diabetic) passing out and landing in the kitchen floor, face down. My lips, nose, most of my face was split and I looked as if I had been in a fight. I was in the bed most of the time, but tried to work on the Mac.

Now I realize why I was having so much trouble!! Thanks for putting up with me!

2 hours ago, jenrou said:

I got mine. Thanks Conda!

I couldn't get anything to work correctly this month, and finally realized today that I have been "out of it" a few days or a week.I had a fall a about a week ago (diabetic) passing out and landing in the kitchen floor, face down. My lips, nose, most of my face was split and I looked as if I had been in a fight. I was in the bed most of the time, but tried to work on the Mac.

Now I realize why I was having so much trouble!! Thanks for putting up with me!

Oh gosh so sorry to hear that, Jean and I’m glad you are feeling better!    Please take care of yourself and always glad to see your pages.  :) 

Archived