Christmas Boutique Hunt - 2018

April Showers

Christmas Boutique Hunt

2018_ChristmasBoutiqueHunt_600-revised.jpg
Here’s how to play the game:

• Using your best scavenger skills, search the Scrap Girls Boutique for the embellishments used to decorate the wreath.
  •  Make a list of the product name and its web address link for each item you find. You’ll know when you’ve found the correct product when you see this star image 2015_BoutiqueHunt_Star-1in.jpgon the product details page.
  • After you've found them all, email all the product names/web links to games@scrapgirls.com by 11:59 p.m. (ET), Monday, December 24. Use the subject line “Christmas Boutique Hunt” for your email entry; include your name and your Scrap Girls Forum user name, if available.
  • Those who correctly identify all the products will win a $5 Gift Certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique. In addition, we will draw one name from the qualifying entries to receive a $20 Gift Certificate!

HINT: There are 30 embellishments. The background papers and the wreath are NOT included. Everything is very straight-forward: You’ll be looking for embellishments only. There are no ScrapSimple products, brushes, or tools. There is one product from each designer. When an embellishment is sold in both an embellishment set and a collection, the star image will be on the collection. The star is one of the product images shown below the main image.

If you aren't up to playing the game, enjoy the pretty Christmas wreath and see if you can recreate it using your favorite papers and embellishments! Have fun!

2 hours ago, barbaraj said:

I'm not having very good luck finding those stars. Several designers don't have even one. Any hints on how to search? I've tried several ways and at this rate it would take me forever to find them all. Help!

Anyone else having trouble?

Each designer should have one star. You can search for a specific item (snowman, cupcake. etc.) in the boutique search. If you think you know the designer, you can refine your search. Once you find a few, it should get easier. Also, if you control click on the products in your search results, it will open it in a new window. That way you don't have to spend time going back.

In my days of doing the "tree of doom", I used to search in my own product files first for the ones that looked familiar. How helpful that is really depends on how much product you have. ;)

When an embellishment is sold in both an embellishment set and a collection, the star image will be on the collection. The star is one of the product images shown below the main image.

I found a designer with 2 stars.Will look through my stash, that's a good idea! Five more days to go. heh heh?

It says Christmas but I'm finding kits with a star that aren't Christmas. It's easier now that I know they aren't all Christmas kits.

4 hours ago, barbaraj said:

I found a designer with 2 stars.Will look through my stash, that's a good idea! Five more days to go. heh heh?

It says Christmas but I'm finding kits with a star that aren't Christmas. It's easier now that I know they aren't all Christmas kits.

Angie accidentally put the star on another collection with the same name. Hopefully she'll get that switched soon!

We've always had non-Christmas kits included in this hunt. Sorry if that confused you.

6 minutes ago, barbaraj said:

Right! Well finding them is getting easier. I always complain about these hunts when they start. Next time I'll refrain and just suffer for a few days in silence. lol

Oh, but you were quite helpful, so please let me know if you find things that aren't quite right.

Arghhhh! Finally found the last one but the star is not showing. I tried a different browser and star still not showing. I know it's the right one because it has a number (x) of images and only (x-1) images are showing, so the last one is the star. 

Sending my email in now. Thanks! 

6 hours ago, barbaraj said:

Congratulations Lou!

Mine left are the key and the owl also. Sounds like it's going to be a tough hunt!

These were my last 2 as well but they are there :)

Had 2 bad sleeps the other nights so this is the first time I've participated in this :) Sent mine to you April :) 

20 hours ago, LouSmith said:

@barbaraj

the owl is there, on the last designer's page too, but the star does not show (at least not for me). It is quite visible on the product preview though, so focus on the collection previews rather than finding the star.

The star was there when I checked earlier. We aren't sure what happened to it, but Angie fixed it and it should be showing again.

Congratulations to the finishers and the winner... Shirley  ( hope you come and join us in the forum for our challenges and other games each month) 

Archived