12x12 to 8.5x11 question

brandiev

Will probably feel silly for asking this question after it is answered, but.........

What is the best way (only way?) to reduce a layout to 8.5x11 from its original 12x12 size? I'm using PS7. Do you just go into image->image size and change it there?

Hey Brandie! It is not a stupid question at all. You cannot just resize a 12x12 to 8.5x11 because one is square and one is not.

What I do is open a new image in the 8.5x11 inch size. I then copy the 12x12 and paste it into the 8.5x11. Now if the design is critical to include each horizontal edge, I might use the selection tool to select one edge and move it inward, provided the center of the design is overlap-able (making up my own words here :rolleyes: ).

I use PS CS, and could SHOW you with screen shots how I do this, if you'd like. I don't know how helpful it'd be.

Clear as mud? Maybe someone else has a different way.

Ah, thanks Talina!!! That all makes sense. I did it the way I said -- just reducing it in the "image size" section and I thought it looked a bit distorted, so I thought that there must be a better way. I will try your method right now.

Archived