Jumpstart January 2019

ValerieT

It's time to kick off the new year with some fun and a focus on scrapbooking! Join us on Scrap Girls Forum for "Jumpstart January!" This game and challenge focuses on taking time to scrapbook regularly despite the little "speedbumps" of life. When the month is over you'll have completed several layouts and been treated to some fun along the way.

Some tasks will require message board participation or gallery posting. check each days task for that day's requirements. Upload your layouts to the  Hodge Podge Gallery.

Those who complete all tasks and upload all the layouts will be entered in a drawing to win one of two $10 Gift Certificates to the Scrap Girls Shop. Each person who completes a layout will be entered, once for each completed challenge page, into a drawing for one of three $3 gift certificates.

You have until 11:59pm ET on January 31st 2019 to complete the tasks and post your layouts to the Hodge Podge Gallery. There are no daily time limits.

After each task you can post your progress in this thread if you wish. PLEASE NOTE; THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. Here is how;

• Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial How To Post Images In The Forum  to post your "progress" in the game thread.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is today's task.

Task One; 1st Jan
Did you take a lot of photos over Christmas? Have you downloaded them to your computer? Take some time today to make sure you have downloaded all the photos from your digital devices. Not just your camera, don't forget your phone and tablet. You may also want to contact friends and family for copies of their photos.

Great challenge. I will finish that project today now that I am home again.

I need to take my photos off my camera and phone. I got a new ehd to replace the one I keep my supplies on and it took days to transfer it all over. I really don't have that much stuff, it just took forever. I like to make sure I have everything backed up before starting the new year. And since I keep my photos chronologically and start a new folder for scrapbook pages each year, I get clean, uncluttered folders to start the new year off! Silly, I know, but it's the little things, rofl!

I spent way more time than I wanted to on this, LOL. :D When did I get so many photo-taking devices in my life??? I'm pretty sure ALL the December photos are now on my desktop computer, however, in one big December 2018 file. Whew!

This was a great task for beginning the month!

Speedbump, 2nd Jan
I think a new siggy is required. Create and start using a new siggy. Upload your siggys to the 
Hodge Podge Gallery.

The following tutorials may be of help to you.

How To Create A Custom Signature

How To Add A Custom Image To Your forum Signature

My photos have all been uploaded and backed up to the end of 2018.

I created a new siggy the other day so I will not make another new one. 

Transfered all my photos---I'm usually pretty good about that anyway.

and here is my siggie....I hope it shows up as my signature.

Sounds like this could be challenging for some of you!

Task Two; 3rd Jan
Start a new layout in your preferred size and add three photos. the photos must have been taken in the last month (or the newest photos you have).

I needed a template for all those papers and embellishments!  I used CWX: SG special template and her Good Mood templates. I used papers and embellishments from SRO Deck the Halls, BMU Christmas Spirit, FLO Hello Santa Claus, and AFT Whitewashed papers. The page is fancier than I usually make, but so far I'm pleased.

papers and embell.jpg

Four papers! What was I thinking when I wrote that task?

Having issues with my layout, back to the drawing board tomorrow as we are going out today. 

Archived