Jumpstart January 2019

ValerieT

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task Five, 7th Jan
I don't know about you but when I scrap I tend to use my newest purchases only.

For today's task I want you to search your supplies for a Scrap Girls collection that you bought about two years ago or more.  It can be a retired collection but it does need to be by a Scrap Girls Designer (past or present).

Not been scrapping that long? Where have you been? Don't worry. just find the oldest collection you can. 

Pick carefully, as you will be required to use it this week.

I could not find a collection in my purchase history - just overlays and styles from this perioud 2 years ago - but I do know that Visionary is one of my oldest collections. So I'm going with that one. (I had a few hard drive crashes so nothing shows up older than July 2018). I hope I made the right choice... (I could cheat and look but I won't).

Layout 2.jpg

I chose a photo of Brooke from Christmas Eve when she opened a gift from her aunt and uncle and was very excited to get books!

I adjusted the lighting on the photo and added  a stroke. I also changed one of my original papers and then adjusted the saturation to match Brooke's shirt.

Brooke'sBooks_2.jpg

1 hour ago, Florida granny said:

I'm using a beach photo which I altered by using an impressionist effect, from a plug-in program. Fun! I might need to do what Carla did and adjust my bg paper color slightly as I'm not sure I love the navy with my photo. We'll see.

JJ LO 2 paper and photo.jpg

That photo is gorgeous!!

14 hours ago, scrapgran said:

Here is mine so far. I altered my photo using blending modes as well as

BMU SS Tools Action Stamp Maker
STI SS Tools Paper4902
SNU SS Tools Styles Aged Photo

JJJ 2019.jpg

I love the photo effects you achieved! I can't wait to see how this comes together.

4 hours ago, CRS said:

I love the photo effects you achieved! I can't wait to see how this comes together.

18 hours ago, scrapgran said:

Here is mine so far. I altered my photo using blending modes as well as

BMU SS Tools Action Stamp Maker
STI SS Tools Paper4902
SNU SS Tools Styles Aged Photo

JJJ 2019.jpg

The aged effects look fabulous!

I found this quote. It's a little long but it really speaks to me:

Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come.
Henri Nouwen

2 hours ago, Florida granny said:

I found this quote. It's a little long but it really speaks to me:

Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come.
Henri Nouwen

That's a beautiful quote and will work well with your photo!

Here is my quote, after searching and searching!

"Sleep is good," he said. "And books are better." ~George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings, 1999

Which is fitting since Brooke read before bed and ended up staying up later than planned because she couldn't put the book down!

Archived