Jump to content
ValerieT

PROJECT2019

Recommended Posts

Have you ever wanted to create a scrapbook about an amazing holiday? Maybe you have photos from a wedding that you want to turn into a book? Or have you always wanted to create a heritage book detailing your family history? What about creating a book about yourself -- something that you can enjoy for the rest of your life but also leave to your loved ones so they can glimpse what life was like in your generation?

 

For all these reasons (and a whole lot more), we want to invite you to join us on a year-long challenge where we promise to help you create a memorable book (or two!). Now is the time to get in on the ground floor of...

 

PL2019_3 (1).jpg

 

Project2019 is our newest approach to help you get your memories on pages and get your pages in a book! We know how hard it is to make time to scrap your memories (we all lead busy lives!), so we are here to help you carve out some time all year long to do something that will last for years and years to come.

By participating in Project2019, you can create your layouts and book about anything you choose. Your book could be about a holiday, wedding, heritage, you, or it can even be a Project 365/Project 52/Project life book. The choice is yours -- because the memories are yours, too! Only you know how you want to record them.

Twice a month, we'll give you prompts and ideas to help you create your layouts.  For those of you who want to do the Project Life style books, we will post weekly themes at the beginning of each month. It's up to you which prompts and ideas you use. You can use them all or just one.  

 

Prizes:

Monthly: Everyone who uploads a layout in the Project2019 Gallery will be in a drawing for one $3 Gift Certificate that will be given away monthly.

Quarterly: Winners will be randomly drawn from members who post layouts in the Project2019 Gallery. Each layout uploaded is worth one entry, up to a maximum of 5 per member per month, with the winner taking home a Collection Biggie valued at $9.99. 

Yearly: Everyone who uploads one layout a month for the entire year to the Project2019 Gallery will be entered into a prize drawing for one person to win a $25 Scrap Girls Gift Certificate and a $40 Shutterfly Gift Certificate. But wait, there's more! If your name isn't drawn for the big prize,  you still win a $10 Gift Certificate just for participating by uploading one layout a month! 


Got questions? Contact ValerieT (scrapgirlvalerie@gmail.com) and we'll help you get in on the ground floor of this year's plan!
 
We have two buttons that you can add to your signature if you wish. You can use either or both, the choice is yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you ready? 

Here are a few things you need to think about before you get started;

  • What is your book going to be about?
  • Are you going to use templates?
  • Will you just use one, two or many collections?
  • Are they going to be fancy/artistic layouts?
  • Are they going to be simple or pocket style layouts?

With all these the choice is yours, there is no right or wrong way to do this.

I want to emphasise that your book can be about anything. A holiday, wedding, heritage, you. You are not limited to a project 365/Project 52/Project life style book.

Let your imaginations and creativity run wild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your first prompts/tasks of the year are;

Pick what your Project2019 book will be about.
Remember this can be anything you want. We have given you plenty of suggestions but you don't have to stick to those. The idea is to create layouts for a book you would want to get printed.

Friends
Life would be boring without friends. But remember friends come in all shapes and sizes. Parents and siblings can be friends. It could be a school friend you've known for years or someone you've know for a very short time. Let's not forget our furry friends. Create a layout showing friendship.

Sunrise
Beginning the day with vivid colours. Do you have photos of a sunrise? You could scrap about early morning or even use the colours as inspiration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those doing a Project 365/Project 52/Project life book (or anyone who wants to use them), here are your prompts for January. 

January.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be creating a book about our holidays. Every year we have been to the same place and I think it will be great to turn all those photos into a book my kids can look back on for years to come. I will probably use templates but I am not going to limit myself to just one or two collections. As for style, I will choose what ever fits the photos I am using for each page.

I am thinking friends for my first layout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine will be people in my life. Family, friends and life with them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine will be documenting my family's life and happenings over the year.  We have a lot of changes coming up.  I need to decide how I want to do this, though - the photo a day last year was hard, but I do like the layouts it inspired.  I have an idea, though... I think it will make it a little easier for me to keep up with than what I did last year.  If something photo-worthy has happened that day and I took photos (like a birthday, trip, etc), I'll use that, but if it's a humdrum day I'll use the prompts as a photo-a-day.  That should fill out the less exciting weeks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to try for 2 projects. I want to keep up with my monthly layouts. I have books dated back to 2009. The girls like to use them as a reference as to when things happened, lol. I also want to finish up my Disney pages. We have a big trip planned for 2020, so I want the 2018 one documented before then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn’t sure if I was going to participate this year but after reading the blurb I had an idea.  I made a book out of the Blog I kept while in Australia but because the text was most important (as a friend said - it’s a diary!) and I wanted it to look like the blog pages, the photos are small.  I’ve always wanted to make a book solely of photos from that trip.  I even divided the pics into the days I was there but I haven’t been able to start, partly because it’s sad as well as happy memories.  This challenge is a good incentive and I am going to try to scrap a double page of photos a month.  I’d like to say an Australian day a month but don’t know if I can keep up with that.   I have so many photos, it’s going to be hard to decide which to use!  

I’m not sure yet if I’m using templates, but the book will be a basic 11x8” size so I can print it as Costco like I did the Blog Book.   But, since Costco now only prints TWO copies of books I will be able to send one to Darren and Jody’s boys.
I have some ideas for collections and have bought a few; for sure I will use many not one.

Thanks for the incentive, fingers crossed it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in again! I am going to stick with Project Life, one LO per week. It has become a "yearbook" of sorts for my life; something to look back on and track the changes we go through. This is my favorite challenge of all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MariJ said:

I wasn’t sure if I was going to participate this year but after reading the blurb I had an idea.  I made a book out of the Blog I kept while in Australia but because the text was most important (as a friend said - it’s a diary!) and I wanted it to look like the blog pages, the photos are small.  I’ve always wanted to make a book solely of photos from that trip.  I even divided the pics into the days I was there but I haven’t been able to start, partly because it’s sad as well as happy memories.  This challenge is a good incentive and I am going to try to scrap a double page of photos a month.  I’d like to say an Australian day a month but don’t know if I can keep up with that.   I have so many photos, it’s going to be hard to decide which to use!  

I’m not sure yet if I’m using templates, but the book will be a basic 11x8” size so I can print it as Costco like I did the Blog Book.   But, since Costco now only prints TWO copies of books I will be able to send one to Darren and Jody’s boys.
I have some ideas for collections and have bought a few; for sure I will use many not one.

Thanks for the incentive, fingers crossed it works.

That is perfect!!  And is something that both you and Darren (and the boys) will treasure!  I can't wait to see it come along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, saw the post on Facebook and I want to participate.  During the Christmas break, I started working on our wedding, which was 17 years ago.  I've done several books over the years, so I'm not sure where I want to go with this yet.  I want to get the wedding book done, then maybe focus on trips and activities throughout the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ScrappinSue said:

Hi, saw the post on Facebook and I want to participate.  During the Christmas break, I started working on our wedding, which was 17 years ago.  I've done several books over the years, so I'm not sure where I want to go with this yet.  I want to get the wedding book done, then maybe focus on trips and activities throughout the year.

Awesome!  I'm glad you decided to join us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been going back/forth on what I wanted to do for this project or if I even wanted to follow along this year.   I enjoyed doing Project Life last year, even though some weeks felt like a chore to get them done.  On that last week though the feeling of "I did it" was worth it. 

I think what I will do this year is art journal type of book.  My life is so structured.  Everything I do from SG's work to things I do at the school is very structured.  Sometimes you feel like your just checking items off a list daily.  So this book will be my once or twice a month get away.  Some pages may have a specific meaning/theme behind them...others may just be "pretty" pages.  

Ok..now i'm excited.  Too bad I have to many list to get checked off and can't start now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this new way of doing Project Life! I too am going to do art journaling pages and just let my mind relax and create, maybe using some of the monthly prompts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't sure I wanted to participate this year, but your ideas are inspiring me. :)  I'll give this some thought...

Oops; I forgot to answer the other questions. Typically I use templates, then change them up to suit the photos, and I also wind up using lots of different collections. My travel books are usually 8x12 printed at Adoramapix, but for this year's project the size of the pages will depend on what subject I pick. If I go with the artsy idea the pages will be square to make them easy for scrapping. Lots to think about....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the art journal idea!!!! I have a bunch of heritage photos along with other items that I might could add in along with some diary types pages.  I just jave to figure out how I want to do this with out getting overwhelmed and giving up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to continue my Project Life books but I'll also make a book for DS of his 3 month holiday last year (hopefully I'll finish it by Christmas then :) 

I'll use templates for my Project Life book and will try to keep to 2 pages a month but I know some will be more if wee go away ect.
The book for Steve will use templates and be artistic mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, last year I didn't even come close to completing the annual challenge - with no good excuse either!

But I'll give it another try this year.  One project I want to do is to edit old family photos, scrap some of them,

and print the pages for various family members.  I may or may not do a book, but I've already given out 3-ring

binders with my first page, so, in that sense, I'll be creating a 'book.'  Since I don't have a printer that does 12"x12",

these pages will be 8.5"x11".  This size fits better on bookshelves, and I'm much more likely to scrap at least 12 pages

for this project knowing only 1 page at a time will work fine.  I really like artsy pages, but foresee various styles for this project.

I may even use some of my old Jiffy pages from long ago Scrap Girls' kits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 9:13 AM, Xana said:

Well, last year I didn't even come close to completing the annual challenge - with no good excuse either!

But I'll give it another try this year.  One project I want to do is to edit old family photos, scrap some of them,

and print the pages for various family members.  I may or may not do a book, but I've already given out 3-ring

binders with my first page, so, in that sense, I'll be creating a 'book.'  Since I don't have a printer that does 12"x12",

these pages will be 8.5"x11".  This size fits better on bookshelves, and I'm much more likely to scrap at least 12 pages

for this project knowing only 1 page at a time will work fine.  I really like artsy pages, but foresee various styles for this project.

I may even use some of my old Jiffy pages from long ago Scrap Girls' kits.

Pages of old family photos sounds inspiring, and goes a long way to documenting family history, I think this is a great idea!  I'm looking forward to seeing your Project 2019 pages, whatever they end up being.  As for printing and putting in binders, that's what I do with most of my layouts, although I haven't decided how I'll print my project life 2018 layouts yet.  My other layouts, though, I scrap at 12x12 and print 8x8 because as you said, I don't have a 12x12 printer, and the 8x8 albums fit much better on a bookshelf.  I also think the Nano, Mini, and Jiffy kits are perfect for project life layouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my first Project 2019 layout:  Week 1

I've decided to try to make my life a little easier this year.  I'm ecstatic about my PL 2018 layouts, I love how they turned out and I'm really happy I made it through the entire year, but it was SOOO hard to do!  😁  I think I'll take advantage of the more varied possibilities for the 2019 challenge...  I'm going to shoot for one layout per week, so 52 total, but depending on how many photos I took that week and how busy/not busy the week was, the layout may be only a single versus double LO.  I definitely want to complete these project life type layouts every year from now until my girls graduate from high school (at least), and I had to find a way to lighten the load to try to ensure I get them done.  

This past year I used a bullet journal to track life.  Every month I printed out the photo-a-day prompt calendar Anne-Marie provided, and also printed out a calendar grid in list form each month, so that I could jot down notes on days something happened, so that I wouldn't forget when it was - that was particularly helpful toward the end of the year as I got really behind on my PL layouts!  This year I'm using the same bullet journal, but I spent a little time making a standard calendar grid to print out each month that I can handwrite the name of the month and the days into.  This will save me some time, all I have to do is print one out each month and put it in my journal.  Incidentally, I'm also using my bullet journal to track my SG tasks so I don't forget anything, and to track all of the layout challenges I want to participate in each month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mikelle said:

Here is my first Project 2019 layout:  Week 1

I've decided to try to make my life a little easier this year.  I'm ecstatic about my PL 2018 layouts, I love how they turned out and I'm really happy I made it through the entire year, but it was SOOO hard to do!  😁  I think I'll take advantage of the more varied possibilities for the 2019 challenge...  I'm going to shoot for one layout per week, so 52 total, but depending on how many photos I took that week and how busy/not busy the week was, the layout may be only a single versus double LO.  I definitely want to complete these project life type layouts every year from now until my girls graduate from high school (at least), and I had to find a way to lighten the load to try to ensure I get them done.  

This past year I used a bullet journal to track life.  Every month I printed out the photo-a-day prompt calendar Anne-Marie provided, and also printed out a calendar grid in list form each month, so that I could jot down notes on days something happened, so that I wouldn't forget when it was - that was particularly helpful toward the end of the year as I got really behind on my PL layouts!  This year I'm using the same bullet journal, but I spent a little time making a standard calendar grid to print out each month that I can handwrite the name of the month and the days into.  This will save me some time, all I have to do is print one out each month and put it in my journal.  Incidentally, I'm also using my bullet journal to track my SG tasks so I don't forget anything, and to track all of the layout challenges I want to participate in each month.

You did a fantastic job on 2018 and looks like you’re off to a great start in 2019!    What a wonderful gift you are making for your girls, those pages are treasures.   And, you’re right.  April once said she did all her journaling throughout the month so it was done while you remembered it, then later you could fit in the photos - best advice I got.   And me too - I don’t have a journal, but I have a “to-do” document that each month lists what I need to scrap.   I LOVE putting big pink “X’s when I finish.   Unfortunately, right now it is gathering dust, but I should have my computer back tomorrow!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gaga Cheri said:

I'd like to give this a try - year in review book.

Glad you're joining in, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your layouts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gaga Cheri said:

I'd like to give this a try - year in review book.

It really is great fun especially seeing how life changes from year to year.  Glad you are joining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×