January Monthly Challenges!

CRS

Welcome to 2019! The January Monthly Challenges are 4 challenges that you can complete any time during the month of January and use for the Challenge Chase. We have a new and improved Challenge Chase for January and you can find all the details here. We have a brand new, shiny gallery for the Monthly Challenges where you can post any layouts you finish this month for the challenges below. Add a link back to this thread so we can all see your fantastic layouts! And don't forget to credit the designers to be eligible for the prizes. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Ok, on to the challenges!

Challenge #1

As we welcome in 2019, let's take some time to reflect on 2018! What were some of the highlights of the past year? Some low points? Do you have any special memories you want to preserve from the year? For the first January Monthly Challenge, I challenge you to Reflect on 2018!

Challenge #2

Shadows! As photographers, we often curse shadows in our photos, but I'd like to embrace them for this challenge! Show me the photos with some cool shadows! Or, create some fun shadows on your layouts! I love layouts that have lifted corners on objects, make blocky lettering look 3-D or make butterflies look like they are hovering over the page instead of on it. Or maybe you have a special shadow that follows you everywhere, like a toddler or a puppy (like my Buddy does to me)! I want to see your Shadows!

Challenge #3

Templates, templates templates! I love templates! Your challenge here is to use at least 1 template on your page. You can use a layout template, paper template, embellishment template, word art template, alpha template...you get the idea. Scrap Simple products work fantastic for this! Show me the Templates!!

Challenge #4

Color Challenge! I love a good color challenge and today I have 2 palettes for you to choose from. Pick one and create a layout inspired by the colors below. We have a warm color palette and a cool color palette to choose from.

warmcolors.jpg

coolcolors.jpg

Remember to post your layouts in the Monthly Challenge Gallery and use the challenge name or number as your title. Link back to this thread and join the Challenge Chase for a coupon to the Boutique! You have the whole month of January to complete these challenges, so enjoy!

29 minutes ago, CRS said:

I'm still working on my template LO. I used templates on just about every single layout I create, so I'm not sure why I'm having trouble with this one!

And, I’m having trouble with my shadow layout, I’ve been working on it and moving things for a day and still don’t like it!   Actually, I think it’s because it IS a template and I’m not very good at clipping papers that look good to the pieces, they never look right.   I’m much better at the soft, blending templates.........

9 hours ago, BetC said:

Jan #1 Challenge - reflect

My reflecting on 2018 is that I have hope that our family members who have been knocked down by various health issues will have complete recoveries.

Hope

Wishing the best for them all Betty and your page is wonderful, I think you should print it for each of them.

Archived