angleigh

Never Ending Story - February Game

So we got hit with another round of wintry weather yesterday and I'm going a little stir crazy and could use a little silliness.  So I thought it was time for a Never Ending Story and since we didn't have an official game scheduled for this month, I figured this would be perfect.

If you haven't played along it's pretty simple.  I will start with a short paragraph, and the next person adds onto it.  By the time we are done we have this story that's full of twists and turns and alot of laughter.  We will play through midnight EST on the 24th.  Then I will put everyone's name who played along in a drawing.  1 lucky person will win a $5 gift certificate and 2 others $3.   Enjoy...I'll start the story below.

--------

It was a cold winter's day, one of those days that you wanted to do nothing more then curl up on the couch with your blankets and a good book.  As I sit watching it snow out the window I couldn't help but let my mind wonder, and I started thinking about...

all those years ago on that snowy day when I was a child. With my brother and sister we were building a snowman when our father arrived home from work and I will never forget that look he had on his face as she rushed inside to tell our mother... 

that after we were all done building the snowman. The  dad got there just in time to put the hat on and he also put a snow shovel in the snowman's hand so he could help shovel the driveway so we all laughed then......

I blinked my eyes and looked around. I then realized I had fallen asleep while I had been watching the snow falling. I must have slept along time as it was now dark outside. Suddenly I heard a loud noise. What was that?

The loud noise sounded like someone knocking at the door,I wasn't expecting any one and wondered who it could be. I got up to have a look and oh my goodness, there was a snowman standing at my door, I couldn't ask him to come in because...

the house was so warm and he would melt and he was bigger than the doorframe!   I looked into his eyes and saw.....

...my uncles eyes! They are so blue an unmistakable. He couldn’t talk, but the pleading In his eyes told me to please help him..

My Uncle was known to travel, wandering the earth visiting all sorts of what I thought were exciting places. But the year before, he had traveled to Antarctica, which was the only continent he had never been to.  Once there, he planned to travel around via dogsled.  We haven’t heard from him since.  Why now could I see my Uncle in this snowman come to life?  I put on my coat and scarf and hat and joined him outside...

there was music playing so we all danced to Frosty the Snowman.

It looked like he was an ice sculpture inside. Then it all shattered and disappeared as the frosty pieces fell to the ground. I could no longer see him, but I could hear....

him yelling "Send help to Antarctica!" I immediately contacted the Antarctica police at Igloo # 35 and they said they would send out a penguin patrol but they soon reported back that...

suddenly I saw a huge shadow fall over me and the sky became very dark.   I looked up and there was my Uncle, except this time he looked like.....

the top half of an iceberg. He said he needed some long underwear until help came and was hungry for a twinkie. She..

since he lost both legs to frostbite that wasn't possible. She then used her lottery winning money to hire a helicopter to go to the rescue but 

...the extinct dancing penguin. He could hear the music, he could feel the beat, the rhythm - but could not see the dancing penguin. He thinks perhaps it was an urban legend. But sometimes these legends are true, and he set out to find out for himself. He just didn’t realize that...