Never Ending Story - February Game

angleigh

So we got hit with another round of wintry weather yesterday and I'm going a little stir crazy and could use a little silliness.  So I thought it was time for a Never Ending Story and since we didn't have an official game scheduled for this month, I figured this would be perfect.

If you haven't played along it's pretty simple.  I will start with a short paragraph, and the next person adds onto it.  By the time we are done we have this story that's full of twists and turns and alot of laughter.  We will play through midnight EST on the 24th.  Then I will put everyone's name who played along in a drawing.  1 lucky person will win a $5 gift certificate and 2 others $3.   Enjoy...I'll start the story below.

--------

It was a cold winter's day, one of those days that you wanted to do nothing more then curl up on the couch with your blankets and a good book.  As I sit watching it snow out the window I couldn't help but let my mind wonder, and I started thinking about...

all those years ago on that snowy day when I was a child. With my brother and sister we were building a snowman when our father arrived home from work and I will never forget that look he had on his face as she rushed inside to tell our mother... 

that after we were all done building the snowman. The  dad got there just in time to put the hat on and he also put a snow shovel in the snowman's hand so he could help shovel the driveway so we all laughed then......

My Uncle was known to travel, wandering the earth visiting all sorts of what I thought were exciting places. But the year before, he had traveled to Antarctica, which was the only continent he had never been to.  Once there, he planned to travel around via dogsled.  We haven’t heard from him since.  Why now could I see my Uncle in this snowman come to life?  I put on my coat and scarf and hat and joined him outside...

...the extinct dancing penguin. He could hear the music, he could feel the beat, the rhythm - but could not see the dancing penguin. He thinks perhaps it was an urban legend. But sometimes these legends are true, and he set out to find out for himself. He just didn’t realize that...

a huge shadow coming up from below.   What could it be?   It appeared to be a creature of sorts and as it rose I saw it was my uncle!  This time he looked more like himself except he was giant-sized.    His eyes twinkled as I remembered him but he looked sad too.   He looked at me and said, “I’ve missed you and I need you to....."

find a sharp piece of ice and pop this balloon so I can be normal size again. I found the  extinct dancing penguin and he put a spell on me. If I'd had my Twinkie I could have bribed him. Strange things going on up here, I think I'm ready to go home. But here's the thing I need to tell you first...

I am not lost, I have just not been found yet and you can be the one to help me.  When that penguin put his spell on me I lost all power to help myself but what I DO have is the power to speak and to ask for help.   It’s not an easy thing to learn.   I will need you to do things so I can find my way home again, are you willing to try, are YOU willing to ask for help?......      I thought hard and I answered......  

...the jiggly dance. We are so happy for you! You should write a story and I’ll do the graphics, and we can make loads of money, and and and...”Wait” said my uncle.... I stood with bated breath and expectation of what he was going to say... “I first want to tell you .....”

Archived