February 2019 Recipe Swap

SodScrap

We are still experiencing extreme winter (for us) here in Missouri.  Will it ever end?  The great thing about winter snow days is eating fresh, hot homemade soup!  This month's theme is SOUP.  I can't wait to see your favorite!

Remember, each month you participate in the swap this year you will receive a free piece of the Home Cooked collection designed exclusively for our recipe swap participants.  If you participate each month, you will receive the entire collection!  Thank you, Angie, you are awesome!!

• image.jpeg.644b8fc1d4b0ebea1fcf3da1b4366870.jpeg
  • To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - (1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sg.sodscrap@gmail.com by MIDNIGHT, Thursday, February 28, 2019.
  • PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (SodScrap_YummyFood) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe. Please do!
  • Please post your recipe in the Recipe Card Gallery
  •  and post a link in this thread.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!  Please remember the link is active for 7 days.
  • You will receive a download link from the store for your freebie 

10 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Its funny but soup is the last thing wee want to eat as its so warm here but I did make this card :) 

Vietnamese Pho

It is definitely soup weather here!  I still have trouble grasping that everyone's weather isn't the same as mine!!

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

SO happy to see the recipe swap, I’ve been looking for it!   Since it’s been so cold and I’ve been sick I’ve been eating lots of soup, all from cans!  I’m off to look for some homemade recipes, thanks Conda.  :) 

Sorry, you have been sick Marilyn!  I'm still fighting crud...for over two months now!

6 minutes ago, CRS said:

I have one go to soup recipe, but I probably used it last year. It's a cold, rainy week, so soup sounds good!

I have a favorite that I KNOW I have shared.  I will remake it but I do have a new recipe that I like, so I will share it too.  

8 hours ago, SodScrap said:

It is definitely soup weather here!  I still have trouble grasping that everyone's weather isn't the same as mine!!

Sorry, you have been sick Marilyn!  I'm still fighting crud...for over two months now!

Oh Conda I’m so sorry to hear that’s still going on - that’s not fair and no fun at all.  :( ?
Hoping that you can feel better soon, take care.   :bighug:

I never make soup here in Florida but I used to make soups all the time when I lived in Connecticut . This is one that our son loved and I mentioned it to DH and he wants me to make some when it is chilly here....might be awhile!

Here is my Hot Italian Sausage Soup

On 2/12/2019 at 8:40 PM, BetC said:

Been iced in way too many days. This soup is great for wintery evenings.

Steak Soup 

And the snow days continue....

I tried a new recipe last night that was yummy!  Two more to try, hopefully, tonight or tomorrow.  Maybe I can share them all!

Finally managed to keep PSE open long enough to make a card. Pretty sure now the font I was trying to use is corrupt. ?

Instant Pot Beef Barley Vegetable Soup (front)

Instant Pot Beef Barley Vegetable Soup (back)

Notes:
1. This was adapted by the creator from a non-IP recipe, so it can be done on the stove.
2. I have made this in my 3-quart IP by halving the ingredients (same cooking time, though).
3. If you are gluten free, just omit the barley.

23 hours ago, Becster said:

Finally managed to keep PSE open long enough to make a card. Pretty sure now the font I was trying to use is corrupt. ?

Instant Pot Beef Barley Vegetable Soup (front)

Instant Pot Beef Barley Vegetable Soup (back)

Notes:
1. This was adapted by the creator from a non-IP recipe, so it can be done on the stove.
2. I have made this in my 3-quart IP by halving the ingredients (same cooking time, though).
3. If you are gluten free, just omit the barley.

Hopefully it's "just the font" and not something more serious!

I have responded to all recipes received so far this month.  Plenty of time to get your card submitted, until midnight tonight.  (or before I wake up in the morning...)

I made a new soup today!  Now, to find the time to scrap it before tonight!!

Hi...Sorry this took 4 cards but I wanted to make sure it could be read when viewed or printed

French Onion Soup card 1

French Onion Soup card 2

French Onion Soup card 3

French Onion Soup card 4

I have used individual stoneware bowls at times instead of the family size casserole pan. I just add the grated 1/2 raw onion and cognac together in the soup before I transfer the soup into individual bowls and then add the toasted French bread.

Hi Conda,

Do we have to establish an account with WeSendIt to be able to download the recipes? I'm having some trouble figuring out this new screen. It seems like if I hit the download button I'm downloading a WeSendIt file versus the February 2019 Recipes - I must be doing something wrong?

I figured it out. Once I downloaded the WeSendIt file, the recipes are embedded inside.  I had to extract the WeSendIt file to find the recipe file, then extract the February 2019 Recipe file to actually see the recipe cards. Never had to do that before . But I have them now.

31 minutes ago, goosie said:

I figured it out. Once I downloaded the WeSendIt file, the recipes are embedded inside.  I had to extract the WeSendIt file to find the recipe file, then extract the February 2019 Recipe file to actually see the recipe cards. Never had to do that before . But I have them now.

Sorry you had trouble. Glad it worked. I’m anxious to hear how it worked for everyone else.  The interface was different for me too.  They have changed it again.  Grrr. 

Archived