Alpha or Word Art/Quotes?

angleigh

I have no issue creating a page, but where I struggle is when it comes down to putting some type of writing/title on the page.  Very rarely do I use Alpha, I always find myself just grabbing a word art/quote and calling it done.

So that leads me to my question.  Do you use alpha more or word art/quotes...or neither and your a straight journaling person

I think I use alphas quite a lot, but it’s often after I’ve searched for specific word art and couldn’t find exactly what I wanted.  I do like the freedom of alphas - I can mix and match, line them up or angle them.  I like alphas, and yet I still have so many I haven’t used yet!

I use a mix of all!  I’m not a journaler at all so my title and words normally tell the story.   Normally I’ll search for a quote and use a font or alpha for a title.   If I find word art that works I’ll use that too - it depends on the page, how I’m feeling and what I find!  :D

The more I thought of it, while I rarely use alphas I DO like having them in collections and I’m disappointed when they’re not.  I think the big problem with alphas for me is that they are so hard and time-consuming to use.   I know I’d use them more if you could create a title with them in the same amount of time it takes to type it out and choose a font!   

It depends on the LO for me. I like to journal so I'll use alphas for a one word title when there is a lot of journaling. Word art quotes are great when there is very little journaling. My struggle is with Title Fonts...I have my favs for journaling but can never decide on the best one for titles. Any suggestions or preferences would be appreciated.

20 hours ago, Marie-Christine said:

I love both, I tend to use a mixture of both, but not all the time and not always together.

Sometimes word art will look great on my layouts, and sometimes an alpha with a font to bring it all together.

Ditto here!

I use both it just depends if I find the right alpha. I do think they are harder to use but can be fun too. I just organized my files so now I have a folder with the marketing sheets of alphas so it will be easier to find what I might want to put on a LO so I suspect I will use them more.

3 hours ago, Boatlady said:

I use both it just depends if I find the right alpha. I do think they are harder to use but can be fun too. I just organized my files so now I have a folder with the marketing sheets of alphas so it will be easier to find what I might want to put on a LO so I suspect I will use them more.

That’s  a great idea, debby because it’s true, whenever I want to use one, if it’s not in the collection I’m using there’s too many to go through!

I usually just use a font for my title.  Boring, I know!  I do use alphas also.  I often find word art isn't the right "style" for my layout unless it's a font/mix of fonts vs. a sticker type word art.   I struggle with coming up with creative titles.  I often wonder when I see such great word art in collections where the designers get their inspiration from!!

9 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Love this idea!!!! I'm going to start mine today, thanks.

On 2/20/2019 at 9:17 PM, Silly said:

It depends on the LO for me. I like to journal so I'll use alphas for a one word title when there is a lot of journaling. Word art quotes are great when there is very little journaling. My struggle is with Title Fonts...I have my favs for journaling but can never decide on the best one for titles. Any suggestions or preferences would be appreciated.

That's a problem even I face when making a Title/quote for a kit.  There's SO many amazing fonts out there (even more when not having to consider being able to use them commercially) that it's hard to choose.  And then you have to consider the feel of the layout.  You may have a font you love but it doesn't feel right on a specific layout.

On 2/21/2019 at 6:23 AM, Boatlady said:

Love this!

Archived