ScrapSimple Product/Club

One of the issues alot of designers run into is when designing ScrapSimple clubs (and/or ScrapSimple product) is figuring out what kind of product customers want.

So I thought I would throw it out on the message board to see what kind of request we come up with.  Is there any type of SS (ScrapSimple) product that you just can't get enough of, and you have to buy each one that comes out?  Is there a SS theme that you wish we would cover in the club (keep in mind we have to keep this pretty generic or something that alot of people could use) Is there anything that you wish we had more of (maybe a certain type of SS papers ...texture, floral, etc)

Let those suggestions/thoughts flow ladies  ?   Thanks!!

I love styles of course, use them all the time.  But I also find myself looking for more overlays - patterns, grungy, floral, doesn't matter, I'd like lots more overlays!  They're so versatile, especially when you start using styles on them or clipping different papers to them, or using blending modes.

I mostly use layout templates and embellishment templates with photo slots.   I’m a “clipper” and don’t enjoy recoloring!
But, since I’m mostly a soft blending scrapper, I also LOVE background blenders,  photos masks or almost anything that blends! 

• 3 months later...

So another question.  For a December SS club, would you want something that can be used for holiday/winter time?  Or would you rather have something that you could use for documenting your 2020 layouts?

Also ScrapSimple club theme's, what type of things would you want?

I know we've done food/cooking a few times.  What about something based around photography?  If so what type of things would you want to see in it?

I guess I'm trying to say i'm doing the Dec SS club and I have a hard time deciding what I want to do.  Also I need more ideas for SS club theme's

What I like most about ScrapSimple is being able to use my own colors. I like your SS Clubs because you make that possible. One example: the damask patterned papers in Capturing Moments are fabulous! I can color them vivid or soft or anything I want. 
Themes aren't as important to me as versatility,  but I know themes are important to others. Any theme is fine with me if it allows versatile coloring, is what I'm saying. So, for example, we had cooking-themed SS Club a few years back from a designer who isn't here anymore. The embellishments included a tin-foil paper, wooden spoon, a cutting board, and recipe cards. Basically those didn't give us much choice in color! So... if you are thinking of a holiday theme, try to design papers and embellishments that can be colored different ways. Not a peppermint cane, please! :D 
Photography as a theme is fine with me, by the way.

26 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

What I like most about ScrapSimple is being able to use my own colors. I like your SS Clubs because you make that possible. One example: the damask patterned papers in Capturing Moments are fabulous! I can color them vivid or soft or anything I want. 
Themes aren't as important to me as versatility,  but I know themes are important to others. Any theme is fine with me if it allows versatile coloring, is what I'm saying. So, for example, we had cooking-themed SS Club a few years back from a designer who isn't here anymore. The embellishments included a tin-foil paper, wooden spoon, a cutting board, and recipe cards. Basically those didn't give us much choice in color! So... if you are thinking of a holiday theme, try to design papers and embellishments that can be colored different ways. Not a peppermint cane, please! :D 
Photography as a theme is fine with me, by the way.

Thank you so much for that input....that really does help me a TON!! 

The more I think about it, I will probably stay away from Holiday theme.  There's so much of that released that time of the year, I feel like it might be nice to get something else

Angie, I like the idea of the SSClub being for Project Life type pages.... both for this year for those who do it at the end of the year and then for 2020 ready for the new year.

This is the first time I have been on here for a while. I am trying to get back into my digital scrapping. The tumbler making has put me over the edge. I could work 24/7 and not keep up with all the orders I have been getting. I am retired. I never realized it would become a full-time job. LOL

I want actions for PSE. I love some of the football pictures you do but the action only works on PS. Adobe just came out with a watercolor action and it really doesn't play fair with PSE. I also love styles. I think you do a great job with keeping up with the demands of digital scrappers. I am loving doing mixed media right now too.

I love the idea of you getting ready for 2020. 

15 hours ago, teachinglaffs said:

This is the first time I have been on here for a while. I am trying to get back into my digital scrapping. The tumbler making has put me over the edge. I could work 24/7 and not keep up with all the orders I have been getting. I am retired. I never realized it would become a full-time job. LOL

I want actions for PSE. I love some of the football pictures you do but the action only works on PS. Adobe just came out with a watercolor action and it really doesn't play fair with PSE. I also love styles. I think you do a great job with keeping up with the demands of digital scrappers. I am loving doing mixed media right now too.

I love the idea of you getting ready for 2020. 

I'm sad I didn't get my tumbler orders in soon enough.  LOL

Great idea Karen-I love the idea of actions and Angie's sports pictures are amazing!!  

Layout templates!!  With lots of layers!   Grungy paper templates (can't wait to play with this month's club!!)    

Everyone is comining up  with great ideas.

More grungy blenders like your club would be good.

Templates for multi photo pages  and that can be used for ProjectLife too with overlays for photos to look framed and vintage.

Actions and brushes are always awesome.

On 6/16/2019 at 8:44 PM, A-M said:

Angie, I like the idea of the SSClub being for Project Life type pages.... both for this year for those who do it at the end of the year and then for 2020 ready for the new year.

I'm actually thinking putting out a "value pack" of sorts for the Project Life people.  This would include templates, word art, from frames and some basic papers/embellishments that can be used.  I'm thinking it will be more of a Photobook type of item, but can easily be use for Project Life.   That way I can put as much in it as I would like and not have to be in the constraints of what the club has to have in it

This may not be "club-worthy" but I would like some photo/embellishment templates for social media.  Something that I could put 3+ photos in to post on FB instead of just uploading them individually.  Like mini-collages?  Simple with a paper background frame?  Am I making any sense?

I use dynamic-type brushes (as opposed to the ones you stamp - I just use the .pngs for those), styles, and all kinds of blenders the most when it comes to Scrap Simple things.

I think the photo-book options would be awesome!

• 1 year later...

I just joined the club last month, it is just fabulous, so happy to now receive it monthly. Future products that come to mind would be:

1. Dynamic brushes for scatters.
  2. Distressing brushes for alphas.
  3. Geometric brushes.
  4. Paint smear edgers.
  5. Page blenders.
  6. Photo frame overlays.
  7. Floral overlays.
  8. Textured photo block masks.
  9. Paint splats and stains.

1 hour ago, bcgal00 said:

I just joined the club last month, it is just fabulous, so happy to now receive it monthly. Future products that come to mind would be:

1. Dynamic brushes for scatters.
  2. Distressing brushes for alphas.
  3. Geometric brushes.
  4. Paint smear edgers.
  5. Page blenders.
  6. Photo frame overlays.
  7. Floral overlays.
  8. Textured photo block masks.
  9. Paint splats and stains.

Great idea!

• 2 weeks later...

I scrap in landscape 8.5x11 and would love to see some templates in that size. There are a few in portrait style, but landscape seems to out of fashion. I love brushes and styles. The idea of a template only for clusters is a great one. I'm always looking looking for swirls and flourishes.

10 hours ago, scrapgarden said:

I scrap in landscape 8.5x11 and would love to see some templates in that size. There are a few in portrait style, but landscape seems to out of fashion. I love brushes and styles. The idea of a template only for clusters is a great one. I'm always looking looking for swirls and flourishes.

This is so true about templates, the only ones I’ve seen are Marlene Peacock’s sets.   I don’t scrap in this size, but I print books at Costco and this is the size I use for books.   So more templates in landscape size would be very helpful.  

• 1 month later...

Adding my few thoughts.

I am like Marilyn, a clipper. I don't tend to have time to spend colouring items. Unless it is for a challenge, anything that needs to be coloured sits mostly unused.

I love templates, brushes, styles, actions, and any paper or embellishment I can clip a solid colour, existing paper or photo to.

• 2 months later...